Ding dong do.....Round 2

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ding dong do.....Round 2

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Really proud of my team. Really proud of the effort. If anyone thinks Trotter is to blame for the defeat, you should get yer head looked at.
Dear me - really ?

Personally I don't ever want to see the bone idle lazy tw*t in a Bolton shirt again - he's utter dogshite

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I'd say Danns is more culpable than Trotter for a stupid tackle when already on a booking .

Someone mentioned above Trotter should have closed down so it would get a deflection and hit the bar.... it did take a nick of Trotter hence the ridiculous dip on the strike.

For the equaliser Dervite got dragged out of position by Henderson. Trotter made the mistake of trying to pass Sterling on to Dervite where he should have been, the split second hesitation and Sterling was away.

Anyway instead of all the sniping surely we should be focussing on how far we've come under Lennon and what a proud night it was to be a Bolton fan
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 pm

Great game tonight.
Missed the first ten minutes like cos of the traffic on the motorway but that didn't spoil a great game. Great atmosphere. Great play. Great game.

And then Trotter strolled onto the pitch. :roll:
Businesswoman of the year.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:Really proud of my team. Really proud of the effort. If anyone thinks Trotter is to blame for the defeat, you should get yer head looked at.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You go for a pee when they scored then?
Trotter was culpable for the first ball watching - second is debatable but if Danns already on a yellow hadn't lunged and dived in Trotter would never have had to be exposed.. I like Danns but he cost us the game tonight imv

All in all Liverpool's first team couldn't beat a team 30 places below them on the ladder, with a centre half and a geriatric up front and one or was it 2? sub with a first team start this season, until the sending off.. and yet the meeja want to tip them to win the cup and the Eufa cup.. don't think so

Hopefully our new blood will give us a bit more creativity and goal threat and we can push on..

I didn't fancy Palace anyway!
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Started to believe at 1-0 which is so gutting.

We did superb to match then for 60mins, which given we were tired and the squad is so depleted was unbelievable, what the feck is in Danns head. Also the Eidur chance, Feeney didn't need to play the cross, a six yard ball to Clough, and he's one vs one with the keeper. So frustrating.

Wheater, Vela, Clough, Mills, Feeney, Dorian, basically everyone was exceptional. Urrgghhhh Trotter.

Give Lennon some cash next season and we'll piss the championship.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 pm

neil danns ‏@dannzy1 3m3 minutes ago
Apologies for the red card absolutely gutted for you guys and the boys

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Trotters on! We're fecked!
8)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:45 pm

feck all this blaming people, we gave it our best and lost to a great strike, kept Liverpool out for 175 or so mins with a patchwork assortment of youngsters old buggers and a defender playing up front. Against a side who brought England World Cup players on as subs. Yes trotter can feck off but I'm more interested in giving the lads some credit. Well done, onwards and upwards.

Tails07
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tails07 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Gutted at the result but good performance by those on the field. Disappointed at Lennon's sub choices some fresh legs were really need once Danns departed. Eider was a passenger last 20 mins maybe it was too much pressure for the kids to come on but McNaughton could have slotted into defence with Ream and Trotter helping Vela in midfield.

Nevermind hopefully this can help lift us up the table in the remaining games

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 pm

I really hope N.L stays upbeat about the performance. It was a truly valiant effort by the lads. Trotter just isn't up there with the rest, not sure he ever will be. Dervite has a few errors in him in places but I think he'll make a Wanderer. Gutted for the team in general and Lonergan in particular. It was pot shot time for the last half hour and the lads must all be knackered. Matt Mills did well enough up front and considering the opposition and who we had available, it's satisfactory enough for me. Disapointed, yes, downhearted, definitely not. Just no condescending drivel from the media please. We lost, move on.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Really proud of my team tonight. Down to the bare bones yet what we lacked in quality we made up in spirit and organisation. Lennon is working wonders here
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 pm

I love Lennon & the lads I do....I just hope it doesn't affect them on Saturday and this performance spurs them on

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:feck all this blaming people, we gave it our best and lost to a great strike, kept Liverpool out for 175 or so mins with a patchwork assortment of youngsters old buggers and a defender playing up front. Against a side who brought England World Cup players on as subs. Yes trotter can feck off but I'm more interested in giving the lads some credit. Well done, onwards and upwards.
Indeed this. It doesn't take a genius to spot that Trotter is a bit shit. Credit to the team for the way they played over two games...Onwards and upwards (hopefully). We started the game with the much maligned Moxey and Mills playing as a Striker. The fact that they couldn't score prior to us going down to 10 men is testament to the effort we put in.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 pm

So proud. Lot of love for Mr Lennon, Mills, and particularly Wheater.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:09 pm

We did way much better for 85 mins than what I thought or dreamed we would do.

Tonight as a team we were tremendous. An ever decreasing pool of players available for this game and we nearly did it against a side that nearly won the premier league last season.

We had a lot of luck and our goal seemed to be charmed at times but that is sport.

I am proud of the team.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:32 pm

I thought it was an outstanding performance and whilst you can picky about who is at fault, I don't want to focus on the negatives, I'd rather just comments on the players and manager. Every player in the starting 11 played well and our defence was exceptional. The defenders were individually all very good and I thought Vela was class too. Clough was always lively and up front and Mills performed remarkably well considering he's a defender, he looked like a good target man. This was a team torn apart by injuries and even with 10 men, we defended valiantly against one of the best clubs in England and almost held on.

I have nothing but praise for this performance. Lennon got it absolutely spot on too and whilst managerial performances like this make me worry about a Premier League club swooping in for him, it also makes me very confident we can get promoted next year, if it is too late this season. We're such a well set up team under Lennon, it's great to watch.

A loss is always disappointing but there aren't many better ways to lose than this. Full credit to the players and manager.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Just got back - dont tend to do midweeks for work etc so this is a rareity. Really impressed with the performance, heart and dedire on show. Pick any of the 3 centre backs for motm, vela, eidur (that miss apart) and even mills up top also excellent.

Danns was daft, cant arhue with either booking. Thought Clough made the wrong choice a lot tonight as well - young lad will grt better.

Trotter, yeah he's shite but its difficult for him to come on at 11 v 10 and look good!

Proud of the lads.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Loved Lennon's interview by the way-
"What do you take from this?"

"Not a lot we're out.."
Mentality of a fecking winner! We weren't there to make up the numbers or be brave and plucky but lose in the end. Damn right.
Last edited by Athers on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Top performance. To be fair I was happy the second went in because it was 1-0 or DNR. Another half hour we'd still have lost and ruined Saturday. To take that team to 180-odd minutes with 9 adults and two children and a CB up front was fantastic. 1st goal not Trotter's fault. Watch the first 80 minutes, that's how we defended, Coutinho Lallana and Sturridge run off midfielders and get passed on: except Dervite had got drawn in. Not his fault mind, coz Danns had thrown it away. Love the guy, but no excuse for the two stupidest bookings you'll ever see. Left us one short and they exploited that for a full half hour. Eidur should have scored too. Still v proud that a patchwork side managed that. Now we'll see. If Lennon's eye for a player is as good as the rest, we're gonna be unreal.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Let's get behind Chungy now #makegerrardcry
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.