After the last match, Reading the riot act - match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Re: After the last match, Reading the riot act - match threa

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Free season ticket upgrades for Reading game

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/free ... 7ZpWWHJ.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 pm

I can't make it, so we'll win handsomely. Nailed on. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:54 am

Feeney and danns available , mcnaughton likely to start , vela back where he belongs and a suggestion that Heskey may not start . It somehow seems more important to have a target man away than at home so it's not a big problem and he can come on fresh and have an impact if needed . Only bad news is pratley unlikely to feature again this season .
Likely line up seems to be
Mcnaughton mills wheater ream
Feeney danns vela bannan
Clough alf

If danns isn't 100% we could see janko right and feeney left at some point . Bannan seems to have started putting more in. Hopefully he is recognising that he isn't Glenn hoddle and doesn't want to be chris eagles .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 am

Jonah wrote:Feeney and danns available , mcnaughton likely to start , vela back where he belongs and a suggestion that Heskey may not start . It somehow seems more important to have a target man away than at home so it's not a big problem and he can come on fresh and have an impact if needed . Only bad news is pratley unlikely to feature again this season .
Likely line up seems to be
Mcnaughton mills wheater ream
Feeney danns vela bannan
Clough alf

If danns isn't 100% we could see janko right and feeney left at some point . Bannan seems to have started putting more in. Hopefully he is recognising that he isn't Glenn hoddle and doesn't want to be chris eagles .
Very brave of us going without a goalie. Could start a new trend... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Young master Clough will be a marked man on a few radar's right now. He'll also be marked in the other meaning, possibly over-so. If the rumours are true and Emil isn't playing, I'm thinking I might be tempted to suggest Eidur starting with ALF and bringing Zach on later when their defence has been tested. The lad might not like it, but Reading won't be pushovers, and we need to get a couple of others on the score sheet. Few will agree, I know.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Why do we need to get a few others on the score sheet?!

We need to get as many goals as possible on the score sheet. I'd hazard that our top-scorer out on his own despite being 7 years old and only starting playing for the first team 6 weeks ago might be a good bet!

The way he's playing Clough has to be the first name on the teamsheet!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Young master Clough will be a marked man on a few radar's right now. He'll also be marked in the other meaning, possibly over-so. If the rumours are true and Emil isn't playing, I'm thinking I might be tempted to suggest Eidur starting with ALF and bringing Zach on later when their defence has been tested. The lad might not like it, but Reading won't be pushovers, and we need to get a couple of others on the score sheet. Few will agree, I know.
Agree with you on this td to a degree . Ideally I'd love clough coming on for the last half hour in games as potentially he could be more effective than over 90mins . Had we got c Davies or Heskey available to start I'd be very happy to see it but I'm not sure eidur has been effective enough to make it a risk worth taking for Lennon .
Heskey and alf need our wingers to be having a good game and we haven't really got goalscorers in midfield if the wingers aren't making chances . Janko may be a threat but danns vela and bannan don't score many .
There's only really young mr clough with the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat in a tight game , oh and set pieces with mills and wheater in the side .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:Why do we need to get a few others on the score sheet?!

We need to get as many goals as possible on the score sheet. I'd hazard that our top-scorer out on his own despite being 7 years old and only starting playing for the first team 6 weeks ago might be a good bet!
And in the unthinkable event he gets lifted and injured, what's Plan B? The reason we need to get a few others on the score-sheet is a pretty simple one really. A one man team? Mark Davies and Young Clayton testify to unusable talent right now.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Jonah wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Young master Clough will be a marked man on a few radar's right now. He'll also be marked in the other meaning, possibly over-so. If the rumours are true and Emil isn't playing, I'm thinking I might be tempted to suggest Eidur starting with ALF and bringing Zach on later when their defence has been tested. The lad might not like it, but Reading won't be pushovers, and we need to get a couple of others on the score sheet. Few will agree, I know.
Agree with you on this td to a degree . Ideally I'd love clough coming on for the last half hour in games as potentially he could be more effective than over 90mins . Had we got c Davies or Heskey available to start I'd be very happy to see it but I'm not sure eidur has been effective enough to make it a risk worth taking for Lennon .
Heskey and alf need our wingers to be having a good game and we haven't really got goalscorers in midfield if the wingers aren't making chances . Janko may be a threat but danns vela and bannan don't score many .
There's only really young mr clough with the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat in a tight game , oh and set pieces with mills and wheater in the side .
He's got 7 in 9 - mainly (all?) starts. How much more effective than that do you think he's going to be coming on for the last half an hour?! Lord above! If we signed Ronaldo and Messi half our fans would be clamouring for Heskey and Craig Davies to start, batter the oppo and let the other lads come on for the last 10 and see if they can nick something!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Why do we need to get a few others on the score sheet?!

And in the unthinkable event he gets lifted and injured, what's Plan B? The reason we need to get a few others on the score-sheet is a pretty simple one really. A one man team? Mark Davies and Young Clayton testify to unusable talent right now.
So we don't play our best player in case he gets injured so we can't play him? Outstanding!

Agreed we don't want to be a one-man team, but the solution isn't to drop the one man! It's not like he's the only one scoring coz he's a greedy bastard who hogs the ball preventing the otherwise dangerous Heskey from getting 2 a game.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 pm

I think clough could be devastating coming on for the last half hour against a tiring team but we do need to carry more threat without him before it becomes an option . Especially at home .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:

So we don't play our best player in case he gets injured so we can't play him? Outstanding!
Agreed we don't want to be a one-man team, but the solution isn't to drop the one man! It's not like he's the only one scoring coz he's a greedy bastard who hogs the ball preventing the otherwise dangerous Heskey from getting 2 a game.
Dear, dear. I made a real effort to point out Heskey isn't available and I'm talking about tonight's game, not the rest of the season. Reading are almost a mirror-image of ourselves in position and results. They'll be just as keen as us to get the points and I'm betting the Zach Clough D.V.D is getting more views than Twelve Years a Slave in their dressing room right now. That was my point.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Jonah wrote:
He's got 7 in 9 - mainly (all?) starts. How much more effective than that do you think he's going to be coming on for the last half an hour?! Lord above! If we signed Ronaldo and Messi half our fans would be clamouring for Heskey and Craig Davies to start, batter the oppo and let the other lads come on for the last 10 and see if they can nick something!
That's not really what I'm saying . Away from home particularly using clough from the bench may be useful . When I've watched him he can look pretty tired playing 90 mins . Against a tiring team when we need to pick up momentum he could provide it .
I suspect in an ideal world Lennon wouldn't want to be starting him every game and away from home he would be on the bench.
He's a talented young la ld not messi in his prime . I'm sure he will be starting week in week out in a year or two.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:30 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:Free season ticket upgrades for Reading game

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/free ... 7ZpWWHJ.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got to say well done to the club on this one.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Athers wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:Free season ticket upgrades for Reading game

Got to say well done to the club on this one.
what does this mean? adults can use kids season tickets because its a school night?

shirly they would just use them anyway. i know i have many times. nobody ever said owt at the turnstiles?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Amos, McNaughton, Wheater, Mills, Ream, Danns, Bannan, Feeney, Janko, Clough, Le Fondre #BOLvREA

Think its a little light weight in midfield! but COYW all the same
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Looks a little on the light side in midfield. I wonder why Vela is on the bench?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Looks a little on the light side in midfield. I wonder why Vela is on the bench?

:conf:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Isn't that pretty much the midfield / attack we used v Watford . Should make for an interesting night . Heskey must be knackered, not even in the bench .
Trevor eaves 2nd half hat trick , success on a shoestring :)

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Looks a little on the light side in midfield. I wonder why Vela is on the bench?

:conf:
#BWFC subs: Fitzsimons, Moxey, Dervite, Gudjohnsen, Vela, Eaves, Walker