Wigan, away.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Wigan, away.

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:00 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Trotter is fecking rubbish....he is absolutely utter dog shite, get rid.

If he is in the side next season we will be in the same position as we are now, its like playing with 10 men he adds nothing, slow, lethargic, disinterested.

Ream, Mills & Feeney can also go for me along with Danns

There is a total lack of character throughout this side

For me. I think Feeney,Danns, are decent squad players
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:45 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Trotter is fecking rubbish....he is absolutely utter dog shite, get rid.

If he is in the side next season we will be in the same position as we are now, its like playing with 10 men he adds nothing, slow, lethargic, disinterested.

For me. I think Feeney,Danns, are decent squad players
Agree with this . Feeney has been our best player and works like a dog though his form has dipped lately . Danns likewise . Course we can improve on them in theory but there's no open chequebook . Ream is under contract and so is trotter which creates an issue even if the manager does want to get shut . Ream has had decent spells but gets outmuscled in key situations . Whether he can be used in a position where that is less costly is questionable . Trotter , well I'm not disagreeing here , he lacks mobility and is a lump. He hasn't been fit for long periods. Not sure how many more games he will get to prove his worth but if he doesn't wherever he goes we are still likely to have to subsidise his wages. Unless there's a huge change in his firm he will most likely be loaned out with hall .

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:You just pop up every now and then to snipe at people. Evidently not to contribute anything pleasant or constructive.
Its not me telling folk to fcuk off for simply pointing out what was being posted was shite
No, true, that was me. It's not a habit of mine and having thought about it after a good nights sleep I fully stand by it.
Look at the tone of the discussion before and after you waded in with your confrontational 'bollocks' post and ask yourself why.
Anyway I don't come on here to get dragged into petty squabbles. Peace and love and up the whites and all that.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Another last minute goal! Fecking hell. At least we didn't lose though so have something to build on.

Walker looked like he enjoyed scoring that goal.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:It happened under Allardyce and he fixed it. Hopefully Lennon can too. Am convinced Lennon is the best we've had since Allardyce and that he will...though I got v excited about Coyle and to a lesser extent Freedman too, so what do I know...
Saved me job posting this. IIRC in Sam's PL season 2 we went through these late goals time and again - so much that it threatened our place in PL.
Sam fixed it, and indeed turned it round a couple of years later.

No reason why NL can't do the same.

Says the eternal optimist
What goes around may still come around

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:36 pm

The point I think PT is making, and I agree with him to a great degree, is that we need better players in our squad. Decent squad players will result in mid-table/bottom half positions. Our ambition is to get back to the top league. That wont happen with the current squad.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Given the amount of players out of contract and the number that we would like to change, combined with our finances, I think it will take more than a season to challenge seriously. Lets see what the summer brings and maybe by Christmas we'll know how it's all gelling. We might even recognise all the new faces by then!

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Agree with pt and cee bee to be honest but as the twin says I can't see how it can be transformed in the summer with no cash . Lennon inherited a squad of championship journeymen and has only signed one player beyond the summer . We at least have in clough, Clayton and janko three young players who may develop to play at a higher level. It's a start but that's all there is . Bogdan is probably going , amos might reach a higher level . The rest and mid level championship players at best but we will need a number of those players next season . If we get in the top ten next season that will be significant progress.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 am

Jonah wrote:Agree with pt and cee bee to be honest but as the twin says I can't see how it can be transformed in the summer with no cash . Lennon inherited a squad of championship journeymen and has only signed one player beyond the summer . We at least have in clough, Clayton and janko three young players who may develop to play at a higher level. It's a start but that's all there is . Bogdan is probably going , amos might reach a higher level . The rest and mid level championship players at best but we will need a number of those players next season . If we get in the top ten next season that will be significant progress.
Unless I've missed something, Janko is going back to United at the end of his loan.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:24 pm

He's outta contract....... Hmmmmmm freebies
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:He's outta contract....... Hmmmmmm freebies
is there a training fee, which will be massive because he is at a massive club so obviously got much more massive training than somewhere like Accrington where he would obviously not get massive training

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I thought I'd read he was out of contract too but here seems to think he's got one till 2017.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Hmm not sure bud. Swear I read he were out of contract! Surely utd would just give him to us....... Won't they? :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:09 pm

He made a comment early on about wanting to earn another contract with Utd. Could be that is up this summer then, or could be he means he wants an extension and that's been misunderstood. Would be an odd quote if so. Though would mean they're paid £700k to give a 19-year-old a 2-year deal which also seems odd.

As for compo, surely we've a decent case that he's worth less as a kid who can't make it at United than the £700k United spent thinking he was a kid who could make it at United?

Tribunal fees should be set according to a formula anyway IMO and depend on future achievements.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm pretty sure I read he was out of contract in the summer and either hoping for a new one or available with tribunal set compo so was hoping he'd be a possible signing this summer . Best to make him feel at home without giving him too much chance to impress if that's the case :)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:40 pm

The tribunal set compo deal for rob hall seems excessive. This training fee bollox shouldn't be benefiting the clubs that can snap up the talent and do feck all with them.