Wigan, away.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Wigan, away.

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Predictable but it would seem we got lucky after Wigan kept hitting the bar. We really do need to see out an away game.

Is this to do with the number of youngsters we keep playing that we can't see a game out. The players need to do a professional job in the last few minutes and yet again we seem to capitulate.

Gotta be positive we scored. Would've thought a 1-0 would've meant safety secured but that keeps us waiting yet again.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:57 pm

I blame Trotter. And Megson.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:58 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:If N.L decided to leave, could we blame him? What utter rubbish. And now.....they get a throw and...mic man is getting on my nerves. Is he a Wiganer? That's it. Crap and Out.
To be honest, no. But then again I can't see that happening because he joined us to prove a point that he can do a job south of the border (something he's made no effort to hide) and leaving with us in this position would hardly raise his stock by any siginificant amount. He's done well to turn us around from DF, but it's hardly the gold star he wants. Unless a bigger club swoops for him of course.

And balls to these last few minute goals... :(
Lennon knows he's got the summer to sort the side out, and seems to be looking forward to it... not surprised with the bunch he's been lumped with when he came in.

Let's see what he can do with a summer to sort the wheat from the Trotter...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Leaders.... we need leaders!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:00 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Leaders.... we need leaders!
Just need better players. There are normal players out there who don't think they're playing to a rugby clock and give up after 80mins.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Fcuking joke again
Thank fcuk we got 1 this time

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Ridiculous.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Listened to gmr and it sounded like we got battered in the second half. 17 shots to 6 tells its own story and Amos was arguably motm. A point away is a reasonable result and we can ensure survival by relegating Blackpool.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I blame Trotter. And Megson.
:lol: Corker!

:drink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 pm

He should try to bin anyone on a big wage, because they are not earning it. Give himself some room to totally remodel the squad.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm

LeverEnd wrote:He should try to bin anyone on a big wage, because they are not earning it. Give himself some room to totally remodel the squad.
With a lot of the squad out of contract I'd imagine gutting the team to rebuild it won't be too hard...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Listened to gmr and it sounded like we got battered in the second half. 17 shots to 6 tells its own story and Amos was arguably motm. A point away is a reasonable result and we can ensure survival by relegating Blackpool.

Ha! We certainly didn't deserve to win from what I heard. Woodwork and Amos prevented us going down by 4 or more. Fluke goal as well, but leading in the 94th minute and throwing points away again? No positives at all from that for me.

Well, apart from the fact that a point is not much good to Wigan as Rotherham got one too and Fulham 3. I take my consolation in bitterness.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Listened to gmr and it sounded like we got battered in the second half. 17 shots to 6 tells its own story and Amos was arguably motm. A point away is a reasonable result and we can ensure survival by relegating Blackpool.

Ha! We certainly didn't deserve to win from what I heard. Woodwork and Amos prevented us going down by 4 or more. Fluke goal as well, but leading in the 94th minute and throwing points away again? No positives at all from that for me.

Well, apart from the fact that a point is not much good to Wigan as Rotherham got one too and Fulham 3. I take my consolation in bitterness.
The only thing is that a win would just that bit more of a gap between Wigan and the rest of the teams above... the sooner the bottom 3 are confirmed as down the better.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Post match interview should be funny . He was twitching after Ipswich , he'll probably be rocking after this one . Still we didn't lose , Wigan are pretty much screwed and I guess lennon is learning a lot about the character of the players he has . Better to be learning that now than flattering to deceive . He seems pretty decisive so will be interesting times ahead .

Not sure how easy it is to bin off players on decent wages under contract as lever end suggests . Assuming we stay up you'd think mills , pratley and possibly cravies may be offered the chance to stay .

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Actually Rotheram just blew it. 2 injury time goals for Sheff Wed. Bums.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Fecking piss-take.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:17 pm

GMR said before the game that our away record is apparently the worst in England.

So that's good.
Businesswoman of the year.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote: Well, apart from the fact that a point is not much good to Wigan as Rotherham got one too and Fulham 3.
Rotherham lost 2-3, Wednesday's winner came in the 8th minute of added time after equalising in the 3rd minute of added time. All of a sudden 1-1 doesn't seem quite so bad.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: Well, apart from the fact that a point is not much good to Wigan as Rotherham got one too and Fulham 3.
Rotherham lost 2-3, Wednesday's winner came in the 8th minute of added time after equalising in the 3rd minute of added time. All of a sudden 1-1 doesn't seem quite so bad.
YES IT DOES!!!! :spank:

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:GMR said before the game that our away record is apparently the worst in England.

So that's good.
At least we're top of something...