Going for the drop - Blackpool 4/4/15 (h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Going for the drop - Blackpool 4/4/15 (h)

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:37 pm

A couple of those late goals would be nice.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Tangs free kick and...they get a corner now and.....and.....Bannan breaks and C.D. AND.....it's deflected to Lewis. COME ON WHITES, THERE'S STILL TIME....... :Jedi:

They have a sally and now we go, they go, Jacobs again and Vela gets a card. Eidur arrives to win the day for us. Not sure who left yet? Blackpool time wasting and now they have a throw and.....McCarthy clears but they come again and get a corner off Ream. This isn't good enough Whites. Get sorted. All round our box but Ream clears. No good pretending we're superior, we ain't. Ten mins ans still 1-0 down to the Tangs. C.D gives a free kick away and....back it comes and now we have a free and.....Vela and....yet another corner. Don't waste is lads.....and....
and...it's a goal kick. I'm getting that depressed feeling again.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Ping,pong, back forth....six left. And.....load of chat about officials and Orlandi? is replaced by an unpronouncable to waste some time. Bannan corner and......and....they break and Danns stops Jacobs breaking. C.D Bnnan....Eidur, MILLS AND......the keeper dives on the ball and plays dead. Hope the ref is taking note? Free kick us and.......and....they clear and.....Jacobs and....throw us with just the fumes left in the tank. Do I still think we can do this.....Yes.....COME ON......and...
here they come and do the theatricals and get a booking for it. Minute left and......throw us and...Danns and.....they come again and Vela wins it and.....we get a last minute corner. Seconds left and......blocked on the line.........Shxt. Jacob breaks and they miss a sitter. Four minutes.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:51 pm

And.....and....and....Lewis has it and moaning at the ref. Get on with it......And......we get a free kick for hand ball and.....Amos.....and.....two left and.....goal kick us and.....all forward and....and....we clear and...Amos leathers it and.....and.....they clear and we're still trying and.....Eidur and.....and.....and......and....1-1....YAEH.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:52 pm

How's a fxcking bout that then......Eidur........1-1.... :mrgreen:

xxxxxx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by xxxxxx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Meh... who cares about a point against shitty Blackpool.

It's an unacceptable performance and result.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Eiduuuuur! Thank ferk for that.

I think we had about 15 corners in that game - didn't sound like we put them under pressure for a single one.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:59 pm

xxxxxx wrote:Meh... who cares about a point against shitty Blackpool.

cheer up cobba - this season is effectively over...

xxxxxx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by xxxxxx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:07 pm

thebish wrote:

cheer up cobba - this season is effectively over...
I just hate Blackpool with a passion.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Everyone thought this was going to be a walk in the park and it wasn't.

So we played poor but we got a point in the 95th minute. Could have been worse. Could have been 1 up and conceded in the 95th.

But for some last ditch defending by Blackpool we'd have scored 3 or 4. It happens. On to the next game.

Take heart knowing that it's highly possible we won't be playing them again next season.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks Tango! Shame to be so uncompetitive against Blackpool, but it's mighty good to hear us score rather than concede in the final minutes.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Just back. No, we didn't play well (better in the second with Heskey on), but despite that, we should have won it. So many chances went begging for us, there were multiple goal mouth scrambles. We need to do better, but on another day, we could have bagged 5.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Dreadful refereeing. Dreadful game.
Brilliant to deny them two points in the last ten seconds of the match though. Ha ha.
Businesswoman of the year.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Sky had Blackpool creating 10 chances in that 1st half :shock:

We're as far away from the bottom 3 as we were 3 games ago so we should be safe, although we still need a win to confirm it imo. Trouble is, wheres it going to come from? We've developed a worrying habit of looking weak at the back and toothless up front.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:01 pm

One of the most inept performances of recent times....shocking we played like it was a pre season friendly, if non of those players ever played again for us I wouldn't be disappointed

No passion, no spirit, no effort, no ability, complete lack of quality - utter fcuking shite, league two quality at best

Mills, Feeney, Danns, Walker, Ream fecking abysmal

I'm a Lennon fan but that was utterly dreadful - we looked like the team cut adrift at the bottom

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:40 pm

I will add that even though Bannan missed an absolute sitter - he was our best player by far.

We are weak & powder puff in midfield, with a soft as shite defence who get bullied on a regular basis. I didn't rate any of our defence Mills, McCarthy & Ream where poor and that was against a side cut adrift at the bottom.

We have no fight & passion in the team - the whole team was flat today, I'll be interested to see what NL has to say, because that side lacked any motivation IMO

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Bannan was clearly motm but personally, I thought Ream did ok. The rest of the starting 11 were a shambles. Cravies looked hungry when he came on and hr kept the pressure on.their back 4 high up the pitch

I had a chat with Wagg and Mcginlay on gmr after the match and the consensus was that Mills wouldn't and shouldn't be here next season and that the fringe players should be released. What we need now, is a solid spine, some pace at centre back and wide players. Lennon's honeymoon is over and tactically, he will have to do much better next season.

Onwards and upwards
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm

What a fxcking depressing game that was. My first match I was able to attend this season. Thinking that it couldn't really disappoint... It did, spectacularly!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:48 pm

The first half was Dougie-esque in poorness. They had no shape and no clue. I have no reason to disbelieve those who have seen Rochina play very well but he was completely useless in that period.

The second period we were better but I have no idea what shape we ended up playing with all 3 of Heskey, Eidur and Craves on there. How many chances we had was amazing and it really was a combination of bad luck and nobody with composure that stopped us scoring 3 or 4.

One moment of note .... Vela chasing back on about 35 minutes. It had trip >> foul >> red card all over it but his eventual goal-stopping tackle was amazing.

Plus the ref. We were our own enemy out there but how inept was he ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".