If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm

We should've spent the Sordell money on a Crystal ball
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Joe Mason -4M
Afobe - 6M
Jakob Butterfield -5M

Reported fees or offers for three players all roundly deemed not good enough here, either by fans or managers or both.

Essentially that is about £20M of talent we had on loan and sent back as soon as we could. Perhaps an indicator of where we've been going wrong as a club over the years?
or... maybe they ARE all overpriced shoite?
They may well be. My point is other clubs have managed to get them playing well enough to a point where they can command a huge fee for them. I'd love any of our players to be courted for these kinds of fees, imagine what we could do with the money?

They were generally deemed not good enough here. Possibly it shows we haven't managed to get the best out of what we have.
I'm going for 'over-rated shite', personally.

I do wonder why you support Bolton. Really I do.
With Afobe, he was still very young when he signed and was still raw and learning the game when he was with us, although theres absolutely no way he's worth the £14m being touted around. Butterfield (jacob) was only just coming back from a serious injury when he signed for us and really could've done with a few more matches to get upto speed as although he was very average, I don't think we saw the best from him (although there's no way he's worth £3.5m and I expect this has been inflated due to the fact that every club knows Derby have money to spend and that Hudderfield dont have to sell players). As for Mason, as Bruce said, he can only play in a 2 upfront formation and as per Butterfield, the fact that Cardiff don't have to sell players has increased his proce, plus the fact that Wolves will only sign him if Afobe goes, thus showing that Wolves will have tonnes of cash from the Afobe deal, hence Cardiff upping their price for Mason.

The problem we have is that we have publicly stated how skint we are and are desperate to get players off our books, hence clubs looking to sign any of our players would pay a fraction of the potential price we'd expect. its a catch 22 as we as fans like to know whats going on with the club but then making our financial problems public causes its own problems.

At the minute, no club will come in to look at Trotter (shocking signing in the first place) and Spearing & Medo's wages seem to be the sticking point to them not going. Other than that, realistically our only current "Sellable" assets are Clough and Vela. Clough should only really be sold for silly money (such as other championship transfers like Tom Ince etc), however, with Vela, if a club bids £1m-£2m I can see the club taking it. TBH, although I actually like Vela as a player, I don't think he'll get any better than he is now. He's actually your "Run of the Mill" midfielder who are realistically ten to the dozen (hence him not playing). He did well coming in to fill in at right-back where he was actually let off from some of his mistakes due to playing out of position but when I've seen him in midfield, he's never really "Stood out". We're stuck with mediocre players on high wages who know they're onto a good thing financially with Bolton and won't move for less money until their contracts ended.
Last edited by wigan white on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
You could argue that their parent clubs weren't getting anything out of them either, hence us having them on loan - Which suggests a problem with the player, above us
They were all loaned from (at the time) premiership clubs though weren't they? So perhaps understandable that they weren't at that level.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:43 pm

stand by your beds. Incoming transfer according to Iles

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Bet it's a keeper! Think houlirahne would be a decent signing. He W's brilliant at Argyle and scored some cracker!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Afobe - 6M
Jakob Butterfield -5M

Reported fees or offers for three players all roundly deemed not good enough here, either by fans or managers or both.

Essentially that is about £20M of talent we had on loan and sent back as soon as we could. Perhaps an indicator of where we've been going wrong as a club over the years?

or... maybe they ARE all overpriced shoite?
They may well be. My point is other clubs have managed to get them playing well enough to a point where they can command a huge fee for them. I'd love any of our players to be courted for these kinds of fees, imagine what we could do with the money?

They were generally deemed not good enough here. Possibly it shows we haven't managed to get the best out of what we have.
Or we can only live in the present.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Iles saying possibility of Medo to Bristol City
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Afobe - 6M
Jakob Butterfield -5M

I thought that Joe Mason was effective in a two, but a waste of a shirt in a one (Douglas's fault).
Yeah, Afobe, fair play to him - I thought he stank the place out.
Now, Butterfield. Didn't we have two? One from Norwich who was pretty good whilst one from Southampton was worse that Owen Garvan? Or am I mistaken?
This is the better one from Norwich not the shite one.
He was still pretty shite. Decent feet but never did owt.
Was he not coming back from a serious injury?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Sounds like Medo leaving would be our only chance of anything inwards. Shame the window is 6pm and not the usual late one, because it means there isn't much time left. Suspect if we get Medo out we'd be best off waiting for the loan window as surely there will be premiership clubs looking to offload decent players then?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm

The press in France are linking two Championship clubs with the same striker. Reports say Bolton and Blackburn Rovers want Clarck N'Sikulu of Evian. He scored five goals in the French top flight last season.

"But there's a stumbling block. Evian want to sell, the English clubs are said to want a loan with an option to buy.”

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:The press in France are linking two Championship clubs with the same striker. Reports say Bolton and Blackburn Rovers want Clarck N'Sikulu of Evian. He scored five goals in the French top flight last season.

"But there's a stumbling block. Evian want to sell, the English clubs are said to want a loan with an option to buy.”
Well that's I'll informed media drivel as Blackburn CAN'T buy. Simply not allowed to right now. So if the club's are even talking it's certainly not about buying.

I do like to have at least heard of the beggers though. Last time I had to ask "who" was 3 years ago with Marvellous Marvin and look how that turned out.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:The press in France are linking two Championship clubs with the same striker. Reports say Bolton and Blackburn Rovers want Clarck N'Sikulu of Evian. He scored five goals in the French top flight last season.

This transfer gossip will just be "Water under the bridge" :wink:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Riviman wrote:Iles saying possibility of Medo to Bristol City
He was saying on the live BN feed that Medo has one of the top wages at the club. Blimey!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I see that Mark Ilse's last-day transfer thread is hoping to usurp Plymouth's in the bereft-of-content stakes?! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Well that's I'll informed media drivel as Blackburn CAN'T buy. Simply not allowed to right now. So if the club's are even talking it's certainly not about buying.

I do like to have at least heard of the beggers though. Last time I had to ask "who" was 3 years ago with Marvellous Marvin and look how that turned out.
Surely you'd never heard of Prince Desir Gouano before he arrived here?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I note in the BN transfer blog, the comment from Iles, that Medo and Spearing are top earners. Know its all relative, but absolutely no doubt IMO, that NL has a tougher job on his hands than the last few incumbents.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Surely you'd never heard of Prince Desir Gouano before he arrived here?
Everyone's heard of Prince. I just didn't know he played footy. Who did ?!?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Staffs wrote:I note in the BN transfer blog, the comment from Iles, that Medo and Spearing are top earners. Know its all relative, but absolutely no doubt IMO, that NL has a tougher job on his hands than the last few incumbents.
^ that's as mebbe - but it is the job he took on - eyes wide open...

I expect him to be a good manager of what we've got and bring the best out of the squad at his disposal. I don't think bottom three or hovering just above is the best that can be got from this squad - I think we should be half way up the league - that, I will judge as success... and there's PLENTY of time to achieve that! COYW!!!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:I note in the BN transfer blog, the comment from Iles, that Medo and Spearing are top earners. Know its all relative, but absolutely no doubt IMO, that NL has a tougher job on his hands than the last few incumbents.
And its blatantly obvious that Plymouths' ludicrous transfer thread is hindering him even more. Pitchforks and Anti-Plymouth bedsheets at the ready!!! :doh:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:11 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:You'll all be begging me to accept your apologies at the end of this title winning season!
I'm still with Plymouth. I mean who could possibly not be with such a claim as the one above?