If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Re: Trotter - I've been trying to decipher what they're saying on some Forest forum (having negotiated the dialect "you might as well tekk 'em orl off and pick team art crard", and overcome the slanders: Boltons fans apparently saying when he plays, they lose. Then again they lose most of the time regardless so..) and it appears they believe that the excuse of some technicality due to the FFP embargo is smoke and mirrors and that the real reason is that the club (Forest) got stung once when a manager who was getting sacked brought in Lee Peltier and they tried to send him back but got stuck with him, and the rumours are that their owner is about to get rid of Freedman and doesn't want a similar situation with an unwanted Trotter!
...which is all very well except it was only a one month loan (initially at least).
It is only a fan's forum :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:04 pm

so - bottom line - Trotter stays??

I think history will judge this thread to have been the greatest transfer thread ever! :oyea:
Last edited by thebish on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Carlton Cole signs for Celtic till summer '17.

Try saying that while sucking a lollipop.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:15 pm

another thing that i thought Lennon might bring us was a whole new, fat book of player contact numbers and links into clubs and agents that we have never explored well before... but none of that seems to have happened...

for good or for ill - legions of players seemed to be queuing up to come and re-ignite their player-manager relationship with Freedman... there don't seem to be any who want to be wooed back and maybe accept a lower wedge simply for love of their old mucker Lenny and wanting to be managed by him...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:17 pm

thebish wrote:another thing that i thought Lennon might bring us was a whole new, fat book of player contact numbers and links into clubs and agents that we have never explored well before... but none of that seems to have happened...

for good or for ill - legions of players seemed to be queuing up to come and re-ignite their player-manager relationship with Freedman... there don't seem to be any who want to be wooed back and maybe accept a lower wedge simply for love of their old mucker Lenny and wanting to be managed by him...
Be fair he signed Twardzik.

Though I still don't know what a Twardzik is!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:another thing that i thought Lennon might bring us was a whole new, fat book of player contact numbers and links into clubs and agents that we have never explored well before... but none of that seems to have happened...

I think it's bigger on the inside...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:29 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think it's bigger on the inside...
FNARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:33 pm

I suspect the wage gap between Celtic and our current budget is far greater than that between Freedman's former clubs and his Bolton budget (thinner than his predecessors, thicker than Lennon's).

Twardzik was a kid on the fringe there. He'll be on buttons. Was worth a go IMO.

Someone like Gary Hooper will be on much much more than we can afford, and we can't expect Norwich to pay 90% of his wage to risk injury elsewhere.

I'm not too disappointed with Lennon's transfer business. What's worrying is that the squad he now has - which, thanks to squad churn, is now significantly his – isn't working for him. Let's hope it starts soon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:35 pm

I'd follow Freedman around for a pay rise and a longer contract!
You see, not often you can be a pile of crap and find many to believe in you :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:06 pm

I suspect the wage gap between Celtic and our current budget is far greater than that between Freedman's former clubs and his Bolton budget (thinner than his predecessors, thicker than Lennon's).

Twardzik was a kid on the fringe there. He'll be on buttons. Was worth a go IMO.

Someone like Gary Hooper will be on much much more than we can afford, and we can't expect Norwich to pay 90% of his wage to risk injury elsewhere.

I'm not too disappointed with Lennon's transfer business. What's worrying is that the squad he now has - which, thanks to squad churn, is now significantly his – isn't working for him. Let's hope it starts soon.

all very fair points - but I still hoped! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 pm

BUT WAIT!!!
Report: Nottingham Forest's Liam Trotter loan deal still alive
By Daniel Lewis, Football League Correspondent
Filed: Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 12:55 UK
Last Updated: Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 13:07 UK

Nottingham Forest are reportedly still hopeful of completing a loan deal for Bolton Wanderers midfielder Liam Trotter in the next 48 hours. A proposed move for the 27-year-old broke down earlier this month due to the Reds' Financial Fair Play restrictions. Trotter is now back training with Bolton, but according to the Nottingham Post an arrangement could be agreed prior to the weekend visit of Ipswich Town. Wanderers, as well as the player himself, are said to be keen for the deal to go through and, with Forest currently nursing a number of injury problems, Football League approval may be granted. Dougie Freedman's side have six midfield players on the sidelines through injury and suspension, including skipper Henri Lansbury who was shown a red card against Burnley in midweek.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Looks like we need a new show pony-

@OfficialBWFC: NL: "The injury to @wsilva11 is a blow. We're expecting him to be out for about ten weeks."
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Looks like we need a new show pony-

@OfficialBWFC: NL: "The injury to @wsilva11 is a blow. We're expecting him to be out for about ten weeks."
We might actually pick a midfield now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Clayton wide left. I assume Walker is on jankers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 am

Nixon claims we are back in for Ameobi.....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 am

I'd take an Amoeba at the minute over Heskey or Madine.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Clayton wide left. I assume Walker is on jankers.
Hmm, hope not ... thought he was our worst player in the second half on Tuesday - stuck out on the left.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

Marc Iles says he thinks Ameobi will sign today and could feature tomorrow....

He wasn't what we needed a little over a week ago, so I'm not entirely sure what could have changed?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles says he thinks Ameobi will sign today and could feature tomorrow....

He wasn't what we needed a little over a week ago, so I'm not entirely sure what could have changed?
The wind, possibly.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:42 am

Shola take a, Shola take a bow (son)