Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:40 pm

I think they are wobbling, think we'll do 'em.

Also i hope they don't go up. Meant to go last season, it fell through, and moving this to a monday fecked it up again. Plus harry redknapp has connections doesn't he? The spazzy eyed prick!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:44 pm

I'd like to go next season (preferably in the sunshine), and I concur with DSB that they've had a helping hand financially to lift them to where they are. They've certainly not operated on a stringent budget as some believe.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Yes, I remember that game, Barnetto. I was driving home from an LFA meeting when the goal was scored. See, I can remember that but I can't tell you what I had for dinner last Thursday. :?
Yeah, I can remember listening to the updates on the wireless at the then-girlfriend's. At the time I lived in Hull, which proved handy a week or two later...
danardif1 wrote:On the Blackpool point though it could be argued that like most teams in the relegation zone that was one of their last real pushes to keep themselves afloat... like Wigan now getting a few results or Leicester in the Prem... it's just that Blackpool are that bad they couldn't even beat us in 'cup final' mode.
Indeed, we twice manfully avoided defeat against a team who were all season quite obviously third-tier. But, to refer back to the original point, we have also proven ourselves capable of going toe-to-toe with most, so I have more optimism than pessimism, but I'm not yet inflating the balloons and ordering the cupcakes for the 2016 promotion party.
We played Bournemouth on the Tuesday and then Hull on the Friday of the same week. Went to both. 8)
I was at hull and agree with Bruce that I'll never enjoy a wanderers victory that much again. As for Bournemouth I have vague memories of a Phil brown volley from a Roadrunner video, complete with higson commentary and the usual appalling backing track, like something rustled up in a special needs music lesson on a cheap school keyboard.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Ps I think we will lose, nerves or not. I've seen them on TV a few times, missed the home game but have thought they were excellent and a superb team to watch, like derby with a bit of punch up front.
Apart from the diving. For that reason I particularly hope we deny them and someone gives both Arta and Wilson a good clout.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Yes, I remember that game, Barnetto. I was driving home from an LFA meeting when the goal was scored. See, I can remember that but I can't tell you what I had for dinner last Thursday. :?
Yeah, I can remember listening to the updates on the wireless at the then-girlfriend's. At the time I lived in Hull, which proved handy a week or two later...
danardif1 wrote:On the Blackpool point though it could be argued that like most teams in the relegation zone that was one of their last real pushes to keep themselves afloat... like Wigan now getting a few results or Leicester in the Prem... it's just that Blackpool are that bad they couldn't even beat us in 'cup final' mode.
Indeed, we twice manfully avoided defeat against a team who were all season quite obviously third-tier. But, to refer back to the original point, we have also proven ourselves capable of going toe-to-toe with most, so I have more optimism than pessimism, but I'm not yet inflating the balloons and ordering the cupcakes for the 2016 promotion party.
We played Bournemouth on the Tuesday and then Hull on the Friday of the same week. Went to both. 8)
I was at hull and agree with Bruce that I'll never enjoy a wanderers victory that much again. As for Bournemouth I have vague memories of a Phil brown volley from a Roadrunner video, complete with higson commentary and the usual appalling backing track, like something rustled up in a special needs music lesson on a cheap school keyboard.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Take that back. Those Roadrunner videos were absolute class, especially the music.

I'm with you both on the Hull game being the best ever. However, the Reading play off final for the sheer fact that it meant that we were in the PL, pushes it very close!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Yes but by then we'd been spoiled.

And thsnks to Hotdog for that snippet of musical magnificence.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:06 pm

In terms of sheer emotion, the Reading game, when Fabdaf equalised, was probably the biggest jumping around shouting moment I've ever had. Circa 80 minutes of us being utterlyabject shite and then a few minutes of absolute delirium. It was the context of the utter abject shitness, the penalty save to avoid 3-0 etc that did it for me. My nerves were already shredded when they decided that they could actually play football.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 am

Stood in the Stretford End, watching McDonagh play a blinder and Worthy bagging two in a 2-1 win, in 1979. Nothing to beat it, although Reading a close second.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 pm

hmmm... had just about persuaded myself to go to this one - but the official site says NO tickets available at the ground on the night... so that shafts that plan!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:01 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:In other news with the build up to the last few games, Rotherham have been deducted three points placing them only 1 point above the relegation zone. This gives Wigan a slightly larger lifeline to avoiding the drop :|
Blackpool got away with it earlier this season with only a fine didn't they? What's the difference here?

It's a tough one, it would be quite funny to see all of Wigan, Millwall and Steve Evans get shunted, but Wigan are the priority, and I can get to Millwall so I hope they stay up! Also, Neil Harris gives off the air of a nice bloke without a f*cking clue what he's doing so I'd like him to have a bit of success before shafting them next season meaning I get one more trip there before we head back up into the Prem and those orrible c*nts f*ck off back into lower league football.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:09 pm

thebish wrote:hmmm... had just about persuaded myself to go to this one - but the official site says NO tickets available at the ground on the night... so that shafts that plan!
I think you can still purchase them, but some kind hearted soul who is travelling down to the game would have to collect them on your behalf. It's a long shot, but it just might work!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah im sure you could purchase some tickets and have then ready for collection at Dean court? Or they could send some With the travel club?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Yeah im sure you could purchase some tickets and have then ready for collection at Dean court? Or they could send some With the travel club?
I have done just that and they are sending my ticket down with its own special seat on the coach! 8)

anyone else going?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:52 pm

thebish wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Yeah im sure you could purchase some tickets and have then ready for collection at Dean court? Or they could send some With the travel club?
I have done just that and they are sending my ticket down with its own special seat on the coach! 8)

anyone else going?
No. Just you and your pampered ticket. :D

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:32 pm

thebish wrote:

anyone else going?
No. Just you and your pampered ticket. :D
"Nearly 300 tickets sold" according to the official twitter.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:40 pm

The Bolton News wrote: while Mark Davies has also come through training unscathed this week
Now that is news!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:15 pm

With the news that Danns and Bannan will figure, Mark Davies fit and only Mills declared unavailable, we may well put is a real shift on Monday.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:With the news that Danns and Bannan will figure, Mark Davies fit and only Mills declared unavailable, we may well put is a real shift on Monday.
let's hope so.. Lennon did say he wanted us to finish strongly.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Changed my mind now. Seen as Bourenmouth can go up with a win who better to rock up and roll out the red carpet?