2015/16 pre-season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2015/16 pre-season

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:56 pm

lenny's 'avin a bit of a clearout then - stashing all the junk in the treatment room!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Went to Southport this afternoon. A good team performance made for a very entertaining game on what appeared to be a links pitch. The final score could easily have 6-0.

The official report is here;

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/repo ... 86337.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure why it mentions Kellett as starting - he was nowhere to be seen - and it was Fitzsimons in goal rather than Campbell. Wanderers could have had Medo and White sent off in the first 11 minutes but the ref seemed to reserve his cards solely for acts of dissent.

Other than the argy-bargy at the start the first half was a bit too long-ball dull, however things improved markedly when Wheater limped off with what could have been a knee injury. Lussey came on and the previously ineffective Twardzik went to centre back along side White. Southport offered very little up front so the pair of them were able to get forward in numerous attacks. All three goals were really well taken.

Medo was substituted late on to cheers - he put in quite a shift once Wheater had gone. He was replaced by Solomon, a trialist I assume, of a similar height to Medo but stockier and with a natty ponytail.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Beat me to it!

Decent 3-0 win the the U21's. First half had more bite than you'd expect from a friendly. I was impressed by White, one of the highlights for me, despite being bullied by their big lump up front he did ok and can pass/run with the ball. I thought a few of them had something about them, but having said that the opposition weren't up to much.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I thought a few of them had something about them, but having said that the opposition weren't up to much.
Perry look good considering he's only 17. Nice to see Brunskill egging them on right to the final whistle.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:I thought a few of them had something about them, but having said that the opposition weren't up to much.
Perry look good considering he's only 17. Nice to see Brunskill egging them on right to the final whistle.
Blimey, didn't know that. Every player seemed pretty comfortable on the ball, which you can't always say about the first XI. I haven't heard much about Andy Hughes since his cameo as manager, so it's good to see he's still involved with the club.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Derik has damaged his ankle. Scan over the weekend to determine problem. Minimum 2-3 weeks out it looks like as best case.

That's from Lennon via Marc Iles live blog.
2-3 weeks now confirmed by the club. Wheater out for 10 days too.
http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/ ... 88949.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Derik has damaged his ankle. Scan over the weekend to determine problem. Minimum 2-3 weeks out it looks like as best case.

http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/ ... 88949.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hopefully that is our luck turning. Last year that would have ended up as a season long injury!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

Hopefully that is our luck turning. Last year that would have ended up as a season long injury!
Nah, that'll be the comeback game :hang:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

Very optimistic view! I was thinking it was just more of the same but the sun is shining and in in an unusually good mood so I'll adopt your half full glass.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Every pre-season goal. Well, every pre-season goal this pre-season. Well, every pre-season goal this pre-season by us.