Worried!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Worried!!

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Hoboh wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:indeed its a very sad insight into the modern mindset.

Notwithstanding what he had done for BWFC, ED had made all sorts of philanthropic donations to hospitals, universities, art galleries etc. No doubt some people will say it was some kind of scam. Some people need to get their head out of their arses.
Bill gates and his pal Warren give shed loads all over the place and never seem to be any poorer.
How would you know whether their relative wealth went up or down?

Are you suggesting these folks should become noticeably breadline state aid types, just so you can notice they've given a lot away?

I don't think anyone is suggesting ED should bankrupt himself are they? Or do we really have folks that thick supporting us? Who did they get to fill in their membership applications?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:30 pm

The Sun has us for sale for thirty million for club and assets? Don't know the validity of it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The Sun has us for sale for thirty million for club and assets? Don't know the validity of it.
in the classified ads? :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I can scrape together five. Bobo's got a least ten under his mattress. And I reckon Worthy could move a few things around and get another five together.
Who else is in?
Businesswoman of the year.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:35 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I can scrape together five. Bobo's got a least ten under his mattress. And I reckon Worthy could move a few things around and get another five together.
Who else is in?
I'll put the remaining 10 in so is that it then....can I be chairman !

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:38 pm

It makes me more than a little sad that I share my football club with folk who stop a very short distance from accusing ED of being on the take

Utter scum?

Thick as fcuk?

Or both?
Sto ut Serviam

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:47 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:It makes me more than a little sad that I share my football club with folk who stop a very short distance from accusing ED of being on the take

Utter scum?

Thick as fcuk?

Or both?
Probably both.
But who cares? The penny'll drop when he's gone.
Businesswoman of the year.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:I can scrape together five. Bobo's got a least ten under his mattress. And I reckon Worthy could move a few things around and get another five together.
Who else is in?
Are we talking pence, pounds or millions ???
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Riviman wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Who else is in?
Are we talking pence, pounds or millions ???
I was assuming £millions....!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Notwithstanding what he had done for BWFC, ED had made all sorts of philanthropic donations to hospitals, universities, art galleries etc. No doubt some people will say it was some kind of scam. Some people need to get their head out of their arses.
Bill gates and his pal Warren give shed loads all over the place and never seem to be any poorer.

Are you suggesting these folks should become noticeably breadline state aid types, just so you can notice they've given a lot away?

I don't think anyone is suggesting ED should bankrupt himself are they? Or do we really have folks that thick supporting us? Who did they get to fill in their membership applications?
Being Gates is supposed to be retired, his place and his mates on the 'wealth list' hardly changes.
Rich people tend to 'give' when their accountants advise it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:55 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:It makes me more than a little sad that I share my football club with folk who stop a very short distance from accusing ED of being on the take

Utter scum?

Thick as fcuk?

Or both?
He is not 'on the take' he is merely using his assets to help both him and the club.
I suspect his one mistake was to think Gartside, living off appointing BSA, knew anything about football and given the current situation, he needs out!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Being Gates is supposed to be retired, his place and his mates on the 'wealth list' hardly changes.
Of course. Both Gates and Buffet don't make money from anything because they've retired. Not like they'd have any cash tied up in investments making more money for themselves is it? Brilliant.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Of course. Both Gates and Buffet don't make money from anything because they've retired. Not like they'd have any cash tied up in investments making more money for themselves is it? Brilliant.
And you seemed to suggest Eddie didn't earlier? :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Not at all. I think I said that I'd be mightily surprised if there weren't any tax efficiencies...I'm pretty confident that more money has flowed from ED to Bolton than the other way around...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Who else is in?
You can fck off. I put that in, apparently, and I tell better jokes.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Who else is in?
You can fck off. I put that in, apparently, and I tell better jokes.
There better be custard pies, if you're Chairman...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:48 pm

The clown taking over? Something something how will we tell?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 pm

And yeah, in sure tax-wise this is working as well for ED as it possibly can, but I'm equally sure 20 years ago his accountant didn't recommend buying a football club. He'll be paying people to make it as unshit a shit investment as it can be.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:09 am

Don't get me wrong, given the choice between the last 15 years followed by lower league future compared to 30 years of being a mid table championship side I'd take our route and thank Eddie for that. But anyone who thinks a guy worth £60m can lend himself £180m and still live the life of a multi millionaire are off their rockers. If he gets his 30m asking price he will have made a profit out of his time at the club. Any fool can see that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:19 am

I'll take that to the bank. Seems like a rock solid business case for my proposed take over bid.