Dobbie Does Dingles - Rovers (A) 28/08/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Dobbie Does Dingles - Rovers (A) 28/08/15

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:47 am

Which is very very worrying

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:52 am

I think overall I am very happy with a point the referee was a shocker he let Blackburn kick us off the park and penalised any form of Bolton aggression. I thought Danns had his best game in a Bolton shirt and Davies did well at both defending and attacking. Good to see he is giving Clough time to work out his game playing is the only was he will do this, he did look better tonight but was a marked man and they marked him! This is a game we would have lost normally and we could have won it with our only clear chance.

I have no idea what most of the people on here expect but I wou;d start lowering your expectations as we are never going to play like Barcelona. Dervite cleared a lot of ball tonight and cleared up the mess when Prince cocked up on numerous occasion last night. Madine won nothing in the air again Hanley so the tactic of launching it up to his was never going to work. Madine was poor last night but was given zero service and was left isolated too many times for my liking.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:31 am

Norpig wrote:I think overall I am very happy with a point the referee was a shocker he let Blackburn kick us off the park and penalised any form of Bolton aggression. I thought Danns had his best game in a Bolton shirt and Davies did well at both defending and attacking. Good to see he is giving Clough time to work out his game playing is the only was he will do this, he did look better tonight but was a marked man and they marked him! This is a game we would have lost normally and we could have won it with our only clear chance.

I have no idea what most of the people on here expect but I wou;d start lowering your expectations as we are never going to play like Barcelona. Dervite cleared a lot of ball tonight and cleared up the mess when Prince cocked up on numerous occasion last night. Madine won nothing in the air again Hanley so the tactic of launching it up to his was never going to work. Madine was poor last night but was given zero service and was left isolated too many times for my liking.
I was kinda hoping there was a step - maybe a few steps - between "playing like Barcelona" and looking like scoring against a very poor Blackburn... :D

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:39 am

A good point away from home in a game last season we would probably have lost. We look much better defensively.

It was a close game but overall I think we were the better side and that point is worse for the six fingers than for us.

I'm also liking Amos who seems to be alert to danger and has a real willingness to not just come off his line but out of his box to take control and deal with something. He has good hands and taking those crosses out of the air is a real impetus killer.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 am

jaffka wrote:A good point away from home in a game last season we would probably have lost. We look much better defensively.

It was a close game but overall I think we were the better side and that point is worse for the six fingers than for us.

I'm also liking Amos who seems to be alert to danger and has a real willingness to not just come off his line but out of his box to take control and deal with something. He has good hands and taking those crosses out of the air is a real impetus killer.
^this
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:51 am

Lennon has two weeks to sort this out. Our attacking play is incredibly bad. Forget missing chances how about creating some. And how about doing the set piece work we so clearly needed to do over the summer. Our set pieces are shockingly bad.

If people are happy with bottom place form and 1 goal in 7 games then great for them. But we might as well rename ourselves 'Bolton nil'. This isn't going to fix itself. It isn't just a case of hoping we find a goal scorer. We have no attacking shape or identity. Already the plan has changed three times this season. I can only surmise that there isnt any sort of clue as to how we get the results we need.

The new found solidity is a saving grace for now but clearly this cannot go on otherwise league one very quickly beckons. We aren't buying a recognised goal scorer so a fix needs to be found for our lacklustre tempo and general lack of attacking ideas.

And please teach someone how to take a corner and work on that because we need to start bagging from set pieces if we aren't likely in open play.

Lot to do and given August is a write off, another failure next month and season is over before it starts.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:02 am

I'm in between the devil and the deep blue sea on this. If we were looking like scoring and had managed a win, then a point away to the Dingles wouldn't be, necessarily, a poor result. So as a game on it's own, you'd say didn't create a shot on goal until 87th minute. Could've had a penalty. Were appalling in the first half - no midfield at all and bugger all upfront. Improved second half, when we carried the ball a little more into the opposition half instead of trying to punt it to Madine (who I think was well marshalled by Duffy), but still created nowt.

In the context of the season, in which we've managed one goal, then you'd be hoping for something better. At least in some of the other games, you could make a case for "unlucky not to score".

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 am

I suppose it's strange that I thought it was a pretty similar game to the one against Derby, but that one left me a lot more positive than this.

At the end of the day we're not being unlucky in front of goal, and it's not a case of us needing one to fly in and then we'll be on our way. We have a side, particularly with the absence of Pratley, that just don't score goals and have never really done so anywhere they've been.

I thought Madine could've been a shrewd signing given his age and the decent season he once had at the level below, but confidence must be running low already if he'd rather square it to no-one in the box rather than at least swing a leg at it. In fact, of the games I've seen him I can't remember him having a shot outside of last weeks penalty. An improvement on Craig Davies?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:41 am

Seeing as Davies is a permacrock, what do you think?
Sto ut Serviam

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Awful game..two awful sides.

Going to be a long time,if ever,until either see the Premier again.

Till next time you Manc dross! ;)
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:41 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Awful game..two awful sides.

:lol: until next time!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:45 pm

thebish wrote:

...you banjo playing, six fingered, freak...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

...you banjo playing, six fingered, freak...
That's a bit harsh on Bish!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:34 pm

:lol:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:45 pm

I thought we played quite well - though I was pretty smashed in a pub - and we were very unlucky not have got a penalty, and not to have won (Heskey).

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:10 pm

That overrated Scottish fat cvnt thug should have been sent off.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 pm

A point away from home in this league is a good point. I'll take it all day.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:36 am

Bijou Bob wrote:A point away from home in this league is a good point. I'll take it all day.
aye - as I said earlier in the thread - draw your away games - win at home - job done!

now just for the win at home part! :D onwards and upwards!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:48 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Seeing as Davies is a permacrock, what do you think?
Good of you to ask. I think that outside of his spell here (where he was out of favour as often as he was injured) his appearance record is good. Averages out at over 31 appearances a year in his eleven as a pro. Was pretty much ever present for Preston when we sent him out on loan, and has featured in five of Wigan's six games so far this season.

So I don't have massive issues with his ability to stay fit. However, ultimately I didn't think he was good enough and would've probably got rid. I also would've signed Madine.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 pm

The fixture on the 28th is now on tv, 12:45 ko.