A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Not forgotten anything pal - I'm not saying Madine is lazy, but Madine is extremely poor and simply not good enough at this level IMO....

I'm not sure that 'trying' is a good enough reason to keep getting selected, what about ability ?

If anyone who went today can defend Madine's performance then I for one would like to hear it....everyone around me was laughing or shouting at how abysmal he was - and something else, he may be a bit of a hard man off the pitch (allegedly), but on it he's a pussy cat - no aggression, weak and he's easily bullied by opposition CB's
I was at the game, wasn't defending how poor he was. Sometimes strikers lack confidence and all it needs is a goal
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:54 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Not forgotten anything pal - I'm not saying Madine is lazy, but Madine is extremely poor and simply not good enough at this level IMO....

I'm not sure that 'trying' is a good enough reason to keep getting selected, what about ability ?

If anyone who went today can defend Madine's performance then I for one would like to hear it....everyone around me was laughing or shouting at how abysmal he was - and something else, he may be a bit of a hard man off the pitch (allegedly), but on it he's a pussy cat - no aggression, weak and he's easily bullied by opposition CB's
I was at the game, wasn't defending how poor he was. Sometimes strikers lack confidence and all it needs is a goal
To be fair the rest of Madines game isn't very good either. Doesn't hold the ball well enough is knocked off it easily and doesn't work that hard to close defenders down in my book.

More than just a confidence issue.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:22 pm

He was very good v Derby

Maybe they were just poor, I dunno
Sto ut Serviam

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I know it's not the done thing, especially on the back of a rare win, but I really had to question Lenny's judgement in the 2nd half. Madine was having an absolute fecking shocker - no two ways about it, he was dreadful. It was actually cruel that at half time they displayed his stats. Touches 16, passes 12, pass completion 20% That was all. Headers won - not a fecking one. In the 2nd half he was equally as poor and not only me, but a good few around me were all saying "Get Madine off and get Heskey on". Then it got worse. A frustrated Madine earned himself a booking with the most ludicrous lunge I've seen in a while. Then, not happy at that he then goes on to clatter another Wolves player over on the touchline for which the ref had one final word with him.
Heskey gets stripped and it has to be Madine going off. He's having an absolute shocker and is a red card waiting to happen. And what does Lenny do? Takes Clough off instead. Madine then went on to make an absolute bollocks of the games two most clear-cut chances.
I know it's early, but Lenny's seeming stubbornness has one of my eyebrows raised.

Fully understand what you're saying Bruce, but it maybe just a bit of good man management, not kicking a man when he's down etc. True, it may have cost us the win if they had equalised and Madine missed the two sitters as has been mentioned, but conversely, if he'd have scored, it could be the making of him. I think a true indicator of what Lenny sees in Madine may come on Tuesday and the starting eleven. Personally I think Emile should be polishing his boots and teaching young Clough a trick or two. Maybe Dobbie to replace Ivanhoe when his legs go.................Hopefully they'll last until the re start. :wink:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Quote from Lennon

"Madine worked tirelessly up front too. There's no doubt that he has made us a better side and that we create a lot more chances when he is in the team. He just needs to keep doing what he is doing and the goals will come his way."
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:42 pm

don't think I've seen any mention above, but would give a shout for Amos, who made a number of fantastic saves - the save by his foot off a deflected effort from ALF was superb

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:09 pm

A game of two halves, although they were really shit in the first half.

Madine struggled against two feckin monsters but at the end I was getting frustrated with him, hope it's just a goal he needs.

Davies was great, he is so natural on the ball. Best player on the pitch for me and he is really loving the captains role.

Three points at last! Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to Wednesday on Tuesday.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Riviman wrote:Quote from Lennon

"Madine worked tirelessly up front too. There's no doubt that he has made us a better side and that we create a lot more chances when he is in the team. He just needs to keep doing what he is doing and the goals will come his way."
Now this is worrying & could back up Bruce's Lennon being stubborn post, if Lennon thinks that Madine makes us a better side then he really is losing the plot.

BTW the new screen is fecking shite, it looks like half of it is missing and everything is squashed - you honestly couldn't see the replay's from the WSL, an absolute waste of time & money and whoever approved this wants sacking - we had a perfectly good screen and we've spunked money we don't have on this piece of shite....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: BTW the new screen is fecking shite, it looks like half of it is missing and everything is squashed - you honestly couldn't see the replay's from the WSL, an absolute waste of time & money and whoever approved this wants sacking - we had a perfectly good screen and we've spunked money we don't have on this piece of shite....

The graphics look sharp, but yes, absolutely, it's in portrait when it needs to be in landscape. Not good.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Really enjoyed the game today, I'd give Mark Davies MoM. He frustrates me at time but today he looked a cut above, those two runs he went on were spectacular and he played well generally. All of the defence and Amos were great, and I thought midfield did reasonably well. Danns was doing a decent job, and I thought Vela was miles better than at MK Dons.
I agree with the criticism of madine, I thought he was awful and I had high hopes after watching him early season. He wasn't supported well, it must be said, and Heskey made him look better, though neither of them looked liked scoring in a gazillion years.
Clough is improving but nowhere near his high standards of last season, Wellington did well for the pen but I don't really understand the fuss about him.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:BTW the new screen is fecking shite, it looks like half of it is missing and everything is squashed - you honestly couldn't see the replay's from the WSL, an absolute waste of time & money and whoever approved this wants sacking - we had a perfectly good screen and we've spunked money we don't have on this piece of shite....
I were all but under the screen and couldn't see anything either. The replays looked like someone had filmed them on their mobile from a helicopter hovering over the M61.
Businesswoman of the year.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:47 pm

I think some of the criticism of Madine is a bit harsh. Not one cross went anywhere near his head today, and it’s headers that are his forte. Okay, he missed a sitter against Burton, but he bashed the bar twice against Derby and he’s scored a bundle of them in the past. We’re not getting any accurate crosses into him, we’re not playing to his strengths. In terms of good aspects of his game, some of his chest-controls are fecking poetic. But if we want goals from him our crossing is going to have to improve.

It also didn’t help that he was up against an absolute monster of a centre-half today.

Mark Davies was a cut above, absolute class. We need him to stay injury free this season. Prince was immense, though giving the ball away in dangerous positions creeps into his game now and then. After all his hard work, he almost cost us a goal near the end.

Wilson was poor, our worst player.

I thought Danns was good. There are still aspects of his game that let him down, but he was good. I also thought Vela looked good, and showed some real class in possession and with his touches.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:48 pm

The screen is a joke. Why a screen of that orientation for a sport filmed exclusively in widescreen?

Ridiculous and whoever thought that was a good idea wants their head testing!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Jugs wrote:I think some of the criticism of Madine is a bit harsh. Not one cross went anywhere near his head today, and it’s headers that are his forte. Okay, he missed a sitter against Burton, but he bashed the bar twice against Derby and he’s scored a bundle of them in the past. We’re not getting any accurate crosses into him, we’re not playing to his strengths. In terms of good aspects of his game, some of his chest-controls are fecking poetic. But if we want goals from him our crossing is going to have to improve.

It also didn’t help that he was up against an absolute monster of a centre-half today.

Mark Davies was a cut above, absolute class. We need him to stay injury free this season. Prince was immense, though giving the ball away in dangerous positions creeps into his game now and then. After all his hard work, he almost cost us a goal near the end.

Wilson was poor, our worst player.

I thought Danns was good. There are still aspects of his game that let him down, but he was good. I also thought Vela looked good, and showed some real class in possession and with his touches.
I'd argue that even if we put good crosses in it won't help if he keeps mistiming his jumps so badly. Also the chance that came across the box to him was a sitter on an absolute plate. He's getting service and wasting it!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The screen is a joke. Why a screen of that orientation for a sport filmed exclusively in widescreen?

Ridiculous and whoever thought that was a good idea wants their head testing!

b-b-b- that was trumpeted on the transfer thread as Lenny's first signing! :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:08 pm

I could have sworn we won today.

I'm so easily confused these days.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'd argue that even if we put good crosses in it won't help if he keeps mistiming his jumps so badly. Also the chance that came across the box to him was a sitter on an absolute plate. He's getting service and wasting it!
It was a good chance and he should have done better with it.

Again, though, he needs more higher balls. Our crossing is pretty woeful, let's admit it. Wellington put at least two crosses out for a goal kick yesterday.

We all need to get behind him though because he's pretty much all we've got at the moment. If fans start getting on his back, it'll be counter-productive as his head will drop (I think it's already dropping). Hopefully, he can get out of this rut because we need him firing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 am

Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I'd argue that even if we put good crosses in it won't help if he keeps mistiming his jumps so badly. Also the chance that came across the box to him was a sitter on an absolute plate. He's getting service and wasting it!
It was a good chance and he should have done better with it.

Again, though, he needs more higher balls. Our crossing is pretty woeful, let's admit it. Wellington put at least two crosses out for a goal kick yesterday.

We all need to get behind him though because he's pretty much all we've got at the moment. If fans start getting on his back, it'll be counter-productive as his head will drop (I think it's already dropping). Hopefully, he can get out of this rut because we need him firing.
Don't think anyone was getting on his back. He does need to do a fair bit more though in terms of holding the ball up and being a target man.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 am

Jugs wrote:.... we need him firing.
Harsh.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 am

You don't often see a penalty given where no-one, but no-one disputes it.

http://gfycat.com/SoftEllipticalDogwoodtwigborer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;