No Nonsense... 'Uddersfield (A) 19/Sep/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No Nonsense... 'Uddersfield (A) 19/Sep/15

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am

Which bit about FFP is a lie? Just curious, like...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:20 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
I'm getting hacked off with Lennon bleating on about strikers! we have 5 strikers!!!! 3 of which he were signed in my fvcking usless excuse for a transfer thread!!!!

:lol:

Git!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:Which bit about FFP is a lie? Just curious, like...
The fact that the club are saying they can't put any more money in because of FFP. It's bollocks. The fact is, Eddie can out his own cash in and it not affect our financial fair play budget. He's choosing not to, because he's bored. That's fair enough, it's his choice. It just makes him a bit of a cvnt in my book.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 am

boltonboris wrote:
The fact that the club are saying they can't put any more money in because of FFP. It's bollocks. The fact is, Eddie can out his own cash in and it not affect our financial fair play budget. He's choosing not to, because he's bored. That's fair enough, it's his choice. It just makes him a bit of a cvnt in my book.
The only reason TBH I could think of calling Eddie a cvnt is in respect of being a thick cvnt continuing to allow Gartside to be chairman!
Get rich Garty while the company fails, sounds like a wanker errr banker.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:21 am

boltonboris wrote:
Not convinced that's entirely correct. The club have said on more than one occasion that ED isn't looking to put significant new money in. Anything he does can cover up to £8m loss (iirc). I wish there were a lot more cvnts like Eddie.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 am

FFP does seem to be collapsing in its own confusion with changes, challenges and new interpretations arising regularly. Certainly it gives scope for more spending. But ED has decided enough's enough & I can hardly blame him. Saying he'll sell for £30m is remarkable in itself
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:49 am

bobo the clown wrote:FFP does seem to be collapsing in its own confusion with changes, challenges and new interpretations arising regularly. Certainly it gives scope for more spending. But ED has decided enough's enough & I can hardly blame him. Saying he'll sell for £30m is remarkable in itself
If I coud afford it the only way I'd buy the club is if I didn't have to pay off bloody Gartside, he's had more than enough out of this club!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:52 am

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Not convinced that's entirely correct. The club have said on more than one occasion that ED isn't looking to put significant new money in. Anything he does can cover up to £8m loss (iirc). I wish there were a lot more cvnts like Eddie.
He can put money in. It only comes under the scrutiny if he adds it to the debt, as opposed to saying "this ones on me lads"

He's being a c*nt because you can't just put money in, send us to boarding school, buy a big house and say right I'm bored now, you find some other feck* to buy all this off me, but I ain't paying anymore.

If we were a marriage, the CSA would be starting court proceedings

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:57 am

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
He can put money in. It only comes under the scrutiny if he adds it to the debt, as opposed to saying "this ones on me lads"

He's being a c*nt because you can't just put money in, send us to boarding school, buy a big house and say right I'm bored now, you find some other feck to buy all this off me, but I ain't paying anymore.

If we were a marriage, the CSA would be starting court proceedings
I doubt when he started the "marriage", he was expecting plastic tits and botox injections four times a week.

If he's running out of cash that he wants to put in, he's running out of cash that he want to put in. The Club has been up for sale for a while. I reckon he should just flog it to the first asset stripper that rocks up wanting to put an Aldi on Middlebrook - that's be great. Maybe Carson Yeung's got a few bob going spare.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 am

It's not because he's running out of cash. He gets wealthier by the week regardless.

Look, I get that it's his money and he can do whatever the feck he wants with it, but it's just making me think the we he's dried it up is cuntish behaviour

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:06 pm

For those who dare:

And the gaffer's reaction:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:It's not because he's running out of cash. He gets wealthier by the week regardless.

Look, I get that it's his money and he can do whatever the feck he wants with it, but it's just making me think the we he's dried it up is cuntish behaviour
It's hardly been an overnight thing. We got plenty of advance notice. And he's continued to prop us up while we wait for someone to come along and take the reins on the profit making machine that is BWFC...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Regardless of if he has spunked all his money or still minting it, we have stagnated now and need someone new at the helm. Once he's gone its thanks but forgotten about as its bwfc and not Eddie Davies who I'm interested in.

I would also sooner see him give the club away to the correct custodian rather than getting many millions, purely because it would mean that the new custodian would have X number of pounds more to invest.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:It's not because he's running out of cash. He gets wealthier by the week regardless.

How on earth do you know that he gets wealthier? If you are privy to Eddie Davies assets then fine, but I hope you aren't referring to interest on his investments which is and hasn't been paid for a considerable time. How much readily available cash do you think he has?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:47 pm

rather boringly, the picture is probably composed of shades of grey (not 50, though)

it is not all eddie's fault or all gartsides fault or all Freedman's fault, or all lenny's fault, or all the players' fault.

my take is that Lenny cannot be massively blamed for the fact that he is buying from the bargain basement. doing that means that you are more likely to have to take a gamble and turn up a greater number of stinkers. You have to say (I think) that we needed to strengthen the defence - and despite shipping 4 goals yesterday, it's better than shipping four goals on average (which we were doing for a time last season!). He has improved the defence.

I think there IS a question over his striker purchases - as others have pointed out he has signed THREE strikers this season - his men - his choices... he has to take SOME responsibility if they turn out to have been a waste of limited cash.

also - without calling for his head - which I am not doing - unless people who go regularly to the games can reassure me that the team IS rolling out week by week and giving their all - motivated, well organised, all knowing their jobs, with clear tactics - and giving absolutely everything - then I'd have to admit that I expect Lenny to do at least that...

we needed a manager who could take the limited players we have and can afford - and get MORE than expected out of them - with tactical nous, good coaching/tactical drilling - and sheer bollox-to-the wall motivation - inspiring them to die for him every week (not literally!)

if he's not doing that - then to my mind - he should be - that's part of the job and I expect him to do at least that. other managers have done that. that's the kind of manager I hope Lenny can be for us.

if they ARE doing that - then he's absolutely entitled to bemoan a lack of quality in the squad - cos, ultimately you need that too.

I hope we see no Lenny out bollox on here or elsewhere - that would be stupid. but I also hope that folk recognise that expressing concern over what IS at least partly the manager's responsibility is a perfectly reasonable thing to do...

slagging Eddie is just daft...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I think you'll find it is Freedman's fault.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:11 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think you'll find it is Freedman's fault.
oh.. OK - fair enough! :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:12 pm

thebish wrote: (...) inspiring them to die for him every week (not literally!)

if he's not doing that - then to my mind - he should be - that's part of the job and I expect him to do at least that. other managers have done that. that's the kind of manager I hope Lenny can be for us.

if they ARE doing that - then he's absolutely entitled to bemoan a lack of quality in the squad
Small issue: no, he's (theoretically) not. Because then, the (inferior) players who are nailing their balls to the wall, giving 100% etc etc would be entitled to think "Why bother?".

Once a manager says the players aren't good enough, he (the theoretical manager, not Lennon) is on very shaky ground. It might just work if he's trying to tempt the board to overhaul the entire squad, but he still risks alienating the squad he's just publicly derogated as not good enough to do their jobs.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote: (...) inspiring them to die for him every week (not literally!)

if they ARE doing that - then he's absolutely entitled to bemoan a lack of quality in the squad
Small issue: no, he's (theoretically) not. Because then, the (inferior) players who are nailing their balls to the wall, giving 100% etc etc would be entitled to think "Why bother?".

Once a manager says the players aren't good enough, he (the theoretical manager, not Lennon) is on very shaky ground. It might just work if he's trying to tempt the board to overhaul the entire squad, but he still risks alienating the squad he's just publicly derogated as not good enough to do their jobs.
hmmm - a point worth considering (as ever from your good self)

I wasn't imagining a "all the players are shoite" scenario, more of an "I have some fantastic lads here who are giving everything and we could all use an injection of magic up front to finish the jigsaw" type scenario... i think it is possible to call for an injection of quality and NOT demotivate everyone else - at least, it should be possible for a good (man)manager...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:16 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think you'll find it is Freedman's fault.
And Plymouth. He's responsible for signings at the moment.