The Pissing-Conduit run Nothing but Claret. Burrnla A 17/10

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Pissing-Conduit run Nothing but Claret. Burrnla A 17

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
thebish wrote:apart from Crazy Horse - has NOBODY got any faith in Lenny anymore??? c'mon!!!

fecking whites win - 3points - in the chuffin' bag!
I've still got faith in Lennon - whether that remains the case in Jan / Feb if we are still shite and down at the bottom remains to be seen - because progress or the lack of it has been very slow almost invisible ! and I did expect more from Lennon even given the state of our finances.

My point about fans being disillusioned again is as much to do with the rudderless way the club is being run at the top, as it is about the spineless, useless, disorganised, leaderless shite we have out on the pitch most weeks
Yeah, it's a strange sort of feeling among the fans.

Not "Neal Out" anger against the boss: I think most people think he's trying his best, his hands are to a certain extent tied and we'd quite possibly struggle to get a better bet.

Not "Warbies Out" anger against the board: although there'll always be suspicions, most folks seem thankful for the money Eddie has poured in, understanding that he's stopped (despite the odd "speculate to accumulate" rumble), waiting more in hope than expectation for some other backer to come forward. Even the more polarising figure of Phil Gartside isn't getting too much flak, probably because some believe he's done more right than wrong, others might blame the managers more.

"Disillusioned" is an interested word, when you think about it: losing the illusion. Another word is disenchanted. If you're paying the thick end of 50 quid, your expectations rise. At the moment, it just doesn't look like a good bet.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:30 pm

When he talks about physicality I think Lennon is on about the Pratley mould, a big strong lad who is also an athlete an can run, press and unsettle and intimidate the opposition. Danns punches above his weight in that role, but needs Pratley with him.
Trotter switches off, sits deep but often forgets to track people so that's no good. He might have physical size, but not the athleticism (see Bobo: furniture metaphors) that Lennon wants. Freedman plays a very different midfield game to Lennon which I hope he suits well enough to stay there.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:42 pm

LeverEnd wrote:When he talks about physicality I think Lennon is on about the Pratley mould, a big strong lad who is also an athlete an can run, press and unsettle and intimidate the opposition. Danns punches above his weight in that role, but needs Pratley with him.
Trotter switches off, sits deep but often forgets to track people so that's no good. He might have physical size, but not the athleticism (see Bobo: furniture metaphors) that Lennon wants. Freedman plays a very different midfield game to Lennon which I hope he suits well enough to stay there.
That is what I'm talking about. We look small and feeble often lining up against others in this division.

I'm talking raw power to physically dominate games. Pratley has that. Madine has that. Prince has it. But we're lacking two or three others with it.

Look at our best midfields in the premiership. Usually had a Hierro or Campo shielding the back four, winning headers. Then an out and out athlete and physical presence in Gary Speed. Then a creative or goalscoring type finishing it off.

Our midfield is small apart from Pratley and is easily knocked around. It also lacks athleticism.

Prince is an all round physical specimen but we just lack a few more like him throughout the side.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm really disappointed in Lennon's ability to make us a tougher unit out on the pitch - I honestly thought that Lennon being the passionate, 'get stuck in' type of character that he would have brought players to the club (not necessarily players who cost money) who are of a similar type.

I thought he would have made us physical not in a size way, but in the way we play having tough tackling, run through a brick wall type players - Taggart, McGinley, Faye type players who won't take a backward step - I thought he would instil a team spirit and aggressive 'in your face' mentality making teams hate playing against us.

We have a few 6 footers in the squad, such as Pratley, Madine, Wheater, Prince etc...but I wouldn't class any of them of being aggressive, battling players - certainly not on the pitch, which is why we get easily bullied and kicked by opposition teams on a regular basis....IMO we are a soft team.

Lennon continually talks about the team having a weak mentality which most of us agree with - but the only way to change this is to bring in mentally strong, winning, leader type players which he hasn't and this worries me about Lennon.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Jugs wrote:He's the archetypal big lug who can't pass
Whatever his faults and no doubt he's got at least one wonky castor, he's likely as good a passer of the ball as we have.

LeverEnd wrote:Freedman plays a very different midfield game to Lennon which I hope he suits well enough to stay there.
:D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Enoch wrote:
Whatever his faults and no doubt he's got at least one wonky castor, he's likely as good a passer of the ball as we have.
This is Trotter we're talking about? If you're saying he's in the same league as Mark Davies in terms of distribution, either we really have got troubles or you're pissed.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:52 pm

am in

ticket office say 1300 sold

coyfwm

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Jugs wrote:
Enoch wrote:
This is Trotter we're talking about? If you're saying he's in the same league as Mark Davies in terms of distribution, either we really have got troubles or you're pissed.
I can think of at least one other possibility.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm

I think Trotter can pass on occasion, but he's also been known to find an opponent in a dangerous place. It's the same sort of switching-off that can let oppo runs go unnoticed.

He featured in seven out of eight successive league games last winter, but only played the full 90 in one of them, was hauled off at HT at Derby and banished for a month. Two full games in March and that's shallot. Mind you, Lennon had signed more midfielders in January...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Enoch wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Enoch wrote:
I can think of at least one other possibility.
Enoch is Trotter's mum? :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:31 pm

He's never fit. With a bit of luck, Lever End will get his wish and he'll fit right in at Forest. He'll never fit in here.

thebish wrote:Enoch is Trotter's mum? :wink:
Albeit with a gruff voice and five o'clock shadow. At least my monthlies have stopped!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm all for seeing what players can do and give them time but Trotter is shite.

Wolves this season, came on and lost the ball through fannying around with it, they nearly scored. Funnily enough he hasn't reappeared since.

He's shit and needs to move. Maybe he will be brilliant elsewhere, he isn't here and that is what's important.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 pm

If Trotter had the right attitude & desire, passion etc and improved his fitness and mobility IMO he could be a very decent player. He has the physicality & strength needed and can pass a ball & shoot - it's just that he's a lazy, can't be arsed, bone idol nice person with the turning circle of a double decker bus who doesn't give a shit and is just interested in picking up his inflated wages.

But there is a player in there, it's whether anything or anyone can bring it out - perhaps at some stage the player himself will realise that he is wasting his career and change his attitude.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:45 pm

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 pm

jaffka wrote:am in

ticket office say 1300 sold

coyfwm
@OfficialBWFC: #BWFC will be backed by 1,700 fans at @BurnleyOfficial tomorrow.

We'll probably go in to the game second bottom as Bristol C are currently two up at ht against a Trotter-less Forest.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:08 pm

I still have faith in Lenin. In fact I'm impressed by some of the recent signings. Can't understand why we have no leaders out there to turn ability into results but am confident it'll come.

There. I've said it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I still have faith in Lenin. In fact I'm impressed by some of the recent signings. Can't understand why we have no leaders out there to turn ability into results but am confident it'll come.

There. I've said it.
Bobo the Bold! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I still have faith in Lenin. In fact I'm impressed by some of the recent signings. Can't understand why we have no leaders out there to turn ability into results but am confident it'll come.

There. I've said it.

except you left off the result prediction!!!

do you have faith Lenny can tic-tactic us a win??

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:

There. I've said it.
Bobo the Bold! :D
Bobo the clown.

:D

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:22 am

There. I've said it.
Always knew you were a sensible chap. :pray:
Pfffft.