Evans knows I'm miserable now - Leeds (H) 24/Oct/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Evans knows I'm miserable now - Leeds (H) 24/Oct/15

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:21 pm

According to Marc Iles our two right backs in Pisano and Wilson are both fit and not being picked for 'selection reasons'.

I'm glad we used up our meagre resources on two full backs, so essential they can't get into the side ahead of a centre half playing out of position....

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Good chance one of them will be in for Preston.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:35 pm

delighted with Shola yesterday, always seem a thoroughly decent bloke when interviewed. Less delighted with Prince who needs to develop some self discipline. Great to watch at times but undoubtedly a liability.
First half yesterday was very good and I'm a lot more hopeful of us staying up now than I was before the game.
Teams just in front of us aren't winning either so we're not getting cut adrift as some have suggested.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:51 pm

LeverEnd wrote:delighted with Shola yesterday, always seem a thoroughly decent bloke when interviewed. Less delighted with Prince who needs to develop some self discipline. Great to watch at times but undoubtedly a liability.
First half yesterday was very good and I'm a lot more hopeful of us staying up now than I was before the game.
Teams just in front of us aren't winning either so we're not getting cut adrift as some have suggested.
I just hope we don't have to rely too much about that, it cannot last.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:delighted with Shola yesterday, always seem a thoroughly decent bloke when interviewed. Less delighted with Prince who needs to develop some self discipline. Great to watch at times but undoubtedly a liability.
I think the suggestion was we were in danger of being cut adrift, which is still a danger. One good half and a draw against Leeds is just a half measure when we need the full pint of foaming nectar. At least it wasn't an empty drained glass.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:12 pm

A beautiful metaphor, Spotty! I like beer.
You're right Hoboh, but there are still 6 or so teams within 3 points of us and I think yesterday shows we have a chance. Id rather be us than charlton for example.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:20 pm

LeverEnd wrote: I'd rather be us than charlton for example.
8) I reckon that goes without saying :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:11 am

But at least they're getting a new manager!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:40 am

Enoch wrote:But at least they're getting a new manager!
They've had as many as us last few years, they're not all they're cracked up to be it seems.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:03 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Enoch wrote:But at least they're getting a new manager!
They've had as many as us last few years, they're not all they're cracked up to be it seems.
I can't argue with that!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Not sure volume of managers is a good yardstick for anything - Watford have had 5 in just over 12 months...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Not sure volume of managers is a good yardstick for anything - Watford have had 5 in just over 12 months...
Leeds have had 17 in 3 days - and they're fecking ace! :D

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 am

interesting view from Halsey http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13 ... ref=twtrec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; basically he thinks Prince would have got his ban rescinded. At the time I thought Prince was pushed, before he slipped and their mon did the old stop and wait for the guy to come into you routine. But more to the point was NLs reaction - he clearly was unhappy, blamed Prince and immediately said no dispute with sending off. I wonder whether Princes recent abscence has been down to NLs view on the way he plays his game. Fwiw I really like Prince, hes a positive defender who's always looking to get in before the ball reaches the attacker - it has some risks but he has usually speed to recover if he makes a mistake. Thought NL was a bit OTT in his blame/ singling him out/ accepting the sending off - whats the time period for appeals ?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:interesting view from Halsey http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13 ... ref=twtrec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; basically he thinks Prince would have got his ban rescinded. At the time I thought Prince was pushed, before he slipped and their mon did the old stop and wait for the guy to come into you routine. But more to the point was NLs reaction - he clearly was unhappy, blamed Prince and immediately said no dispute with sending off. I wonder whether Princes recent abscence has been down to NLs view on the way he plays his game. Fwiw I really like Prince, hes a positive defender who's always looking to get in before the ball reaches the attacker - it has some risks but he has usually speed to recover if he makes a mistake. Thought NL was a bit OTT in his blame/ singling him out/ accepting the sending off - whats the time period for appeals ?

I thought exactly the same, I thought the red card was harsh at the time and said to my dad we should appeal it and then was quite shocked with NL's response to it, and then especially when he went on to say the loss of Madine affected the flow of the team? There must be something else going on with Prince that we don't know about, possibly the same with Pisano and Wilson???
As if he was quick to berate Prince for the penalty/red-card but yet said nothing of the fact that Prince had to run back from the half way line (after he slipped) to make the tackle when there were other Bolton players just backing off the Leeds player. He also should have had a go at Dervite for his performance against Brum.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 am

Yeah, I was surprised at Lennon's reaction to Prince's sending off. I thought it was v harsh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 am

Wasn't even a penalty for me. I thought that the ref was going to book their lad for diving.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Wasn't even a penalty for me. I thought that the ref was going to book their lad for diving.
Aye, same. Didn't have a good view of it at the time, but on the replays it's not a foul. No idea what Lennon is on about.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:37 am

He seems to have some issue with Prince. I'm hoping he can put it to one side as he's a bloody good player. .. if a bit raw.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Lennon seems to have issues with more than one of our players

Personal criticism has been publicly levelled at Dervite, Prince, Walker and Wilson already this season

I get that he's emotional and hopefully the players do, too
Sto ut Serviam

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:00 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Lennon seems to have issues with more than one of our players

Personal criticism has been publicly levelled at Dervite, Prince, Walker and Wilson already this season

I get that he's emotional and hopefully the players do, too
I can understand it if they've played badly, but upto then Prince had been having a fairly decent game. It just seems a bit childish really in a "we were winning and its your fault we didn't" type of way.
I do like Lennon but I do get a bit confused with some of the stuff he comes out with, and do question if he watches the same matches as I do?