Evans knows I'm miserable now - Leeds (H) 24/Oct/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Evans knows I'm miserable now - Leeds (H) 24/Oct/15

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm risking laughter and accusations of madness again, but Evans was actually my preferred choice for the Bolton job before Lennon got it. I think he's a good manager who will do well with Leeds if given enough time. I just hope we catch them on Saturday before he's had the chance to properly implement his ideas.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Jugs wrote:I'm risking laughter and accusations of madness again, but Evans was actually my preferred choice for the Bolton job before Lennon got it. I think he's a good manager who will do well with Leeds if given enough time. I just hope we catch them on Saturday before he's had the chance to properly implement his ideas.

well - Lenny thinks he's pretty ace! so you're not alone! :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Lennon has also been showing early signs of madness recently too. 3-5-2, Heskey & Madine, missing press conferences ...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Press conference postponed till 2pm. Think Lennon was in Ireland covering the champions league for TV last night. Perhaps he got delayed travelling back? Presumably nothing sinister?
Was the airport bar still open!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Jugs wrote:I'm risking laughter and accusations of madness again, but Evans was actually my preferred choice for the Bolton job before Lennon got it. I think he's a good manager who will do well with Leeds if given enough time. I just hope we catch them on Saturday before he's had the chance to properly implement his ideas.
Ex player too (almost). He would have been on our books almost the same time as Bobo?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:31 am

Bes thread title EVER. 2-2 draw. Boos ring around the stadium, nothing changes.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:40 am

We're going to get battered.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:40 am

Again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:15 am

Bijou Bob wrote:2-2 draw. Boos ring around the stadium
Depends if it's 0-2 to 2-2 (like Coyle's BWFC against Blackpool, Freedman's against Boro or Rioch's at Chester) or 2-0 to 2-2, like Megson's against Hull or Freedman's against Birmingham.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Depends if it's 0-2 to 2-2 (like Coyle's BWFC against Blackpool, Freedman's against Boro or Rioch's at Chester) or 2-0 to 2-2, like Megson's against Hull or Freedman's against Birmingham.
It really doesn't. A draw, whatever the circumstances at home against Leeds won't cut it. We need to start showing we are capable of winning a few games. A win Saturday at all costs.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
It really doesn't. A draw, whatever the circumstances at home against Leeds won't cut it. We need to start showing we are capable of winning a few games. A win Saturday at all costs.
You think if we equalise in injury time after being 2-0 down, folk will still boo? I disagree that that will happen, even if I agree that we need to start winning games.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
You think if we equalise in injury time after being 2-0 down, folk will still boo? I disagree that that will happen, even if I agree that we need to start winning games.
It is a fair point, people won't boo. But I think that a point isn't enough to make anyone happy at this stage, irrespective of the circumstances it is gained via.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Given our current circumstances, form, and league position; a point gained is err... a point gained for me. Three would be preferable of course, and I really hope we can win, but anything other than a defeat at the moment is an improvement.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Given our current circumstances, form, and league position; a point gained is err... a point gained for me. Three would be preferable of course, and I really hope we can win, but anything other than a defeat at the moment is an improvement.
Exactly the reasons only a win will do. We're in danger of being cut adrift. We need to reach a certain points total, that is likely to mean winning 10/11 more matches plus some draws.

Given the consistency of our away form, beating poor sides like Leeds at home is absolutely essential. Otherwise we just condense the number of winnable games we have and leave ourselves needing almost perfect form to get out of the mess.

We've had a couple of late equalisers at home and plenty of draws. They haven't helped nor improved us, given confidence or any of the things one might hope for. We need to win because we're totally out of the habit of doing so.

A draw at home against Birmingham, might have been ok. Against Leeds, will be another worrying result.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:06 pm

100% that only a win will do, I don't know if we will win, but only a win will do!!!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:56 pm

If we bag a last minute equaliser like we did against Brighton, it'll feel good for a short while. You know, until we get battered at Preston and it proves to be another false dawn.

I'm not expecting anything, though. I fancy we might even get beat by a Chris Woods rocket. I'm going, though. Heard it's gonna piss it down.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Although Rotherham lost tonight, a draw won't be enough to lift us off bottom. :(
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 pm

plenty more games to go - far too early for alleging this is a must win... it would be nice though!

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am

Hard to believe the 4-1 was 11 years ago!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:37 am

4 points from the next 2 is a must or we'll start finding ourselves adrift from the pack. Given our fragile confidence, that could impact heavily on our ability to get ourselves out if it.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.