Question about a fan takeover

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Question about a fan takeover

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 pm

But there's a new TV deal! For the first time in about 2 years. This will surely be the one that results in clubs turning profits rather than transfer fees going up and up again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:But there's a new TV deal! For the first time in about 2 years. This will surely be the one that results in clubs turning profits rather than transfer fees going up and up again.
Ha. Yes. Wages won't go up and instead agents will be pleased clubs can make a profit or reduce ticket prices.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm

My gut is the none eddie davies debts are close to being called in... Making admin a possibility. This whole thing doesnt ring true! We are a proper bad investment! Why would anyone buy us?
Last edited by officer_dibble on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:33 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:we're an established Premier League team
I agree with most of what you say, but we're in our fourth season in the championship and will be fortunate to see a fifth.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 am

A greek takeover! What could possibly go wrong in the current financial climate! Only at bwfc :lol:

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1409 ... _takeover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:39 am

officer_dibble wrote:A greek takeover! What could possibly go wrong in the current financial climate! Only at bwfc :lol:

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1409 ... _takeover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The half-time food would improve ... if be a little lukewarm.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 am

I'll know it's all a figment of my imagination &/or early onset dementia when I see Diouff getting a mention.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:14 am

bobo the clown wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:A greek takeover! What could possibly go wrong in the current financial climate! Only at bwfc :lol:

that BN article claims:
The Bolton News understands that Sports Shield’s bid – which was formally submitted yesterday – is self-funded by its two directors, Holdsworth and Michael Collins.

we've all been busily assuming Deano is the no-money fixer... but it seems he's one of only 2 cash-splurgers... (if the BN's source is to be believed.. etc...)

and - stelios - back at Bolton??? what's not to like? he could be player-CEO! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:27 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

that BN article claims:
The Bolton News understands that Sports Shield’s bid – which was formally submitted yesterday – is self-funded by its two directors, Holdsworth and Michael Collins.

we've all been busily assuming Deano is the no-money fixer... but it seems he's one of only 2 cash-splurgers... (if the BN's source is to be believed.. etc...)

and - stelios - back at Bolton??? what's not to like? he could be player-CEO! :wink:
If that sports shield Twitter that Iles is referencing is legit, then we all should be incredibly worried that such an outfit might end up running our club.

Seriously worried.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 am

^^ which, to be fair Insane, is more or less your permanent state so should suit you admirably.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:49 am

Aside from signing Ched Evans, how could things possibly get worse? Taking a punt with someone else's 20 million with a chance of pulling in ten times that, is a decent punt in anyone's book.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 am

Some cursory searches on Sports Shield this morning except for the amateur-looking Twitter account.

1) Company set up in July 2015. Deano is majority shareholder and only director on the Company check websites. No sign of this Michael Collins.

2) Their website is snazzy but nothing else - two golf days and an application form for a commercial mortgage.
Who we are & WHAT WE DO
Welcome to Sports Shield Investments and Consultancy.

A financial investment model designed by Dean Holdsworth and Michael Collins.

Sports Shield Investments (SSI) supply a unique boutique finance opportunity for investors. With such demand for easy finance and reliable investment, SSI are now involved in over 100 million pounds worth of investments.

SSI are now in partnership with investors on a global basis, confidentiality is one of our core beliefs. By invitation only, we invite key stakeholders to allow us to make their money, make money.
3) Dean Holdsworth LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/dean-holdsworth-5b400bb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Business Consultant
Sports Shield Consultancy
May 2015 – Present (7 months)
Sports business consultants to Football clubs and Agents.
*We offer JV revenue streams through strategic structured partnership agreements.
*Many Non-League clubs now have to insure that players are paid when injured, we have created the package for the clubs, from accident and income protection to critical illness.
*Working with agents to provide the service they are unfamiliar with to help them,
such as 'Career- ending'​ Insurance, we sustain a high level of private and personal service.
*We also act as Financial Funding partners to private clients on Investments, high level returns, our 'USP', we take the risk away.From 100K upwards.
*Working with high net worth individuals and companies for car insurance and concierge services, connecting people to make life easier.
Have to think how the hell they claim to be "involved with more than £100m of investments", do all the above and have your main director manage Brentwood Town while he's at it. Can only assume Collins is playing a big role (or alternatively it's a load of nonsense)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: If that sports shield Twitter that Iles is referencing is legit, then we all should be incredibly worried that such an outfit might end up running our club.

Seriously worried.
I agree. This doesn't look like financial saviors, more like chancers overstretching themselves. If it's self-funded, where's a it coming from?
If there was no chance of administration under ED, there's plenty with this lot.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 am

Deano wrote:Wahayyy peeps! me and my bezza are buying Bolton!! What larks!!! #COYW

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

thebish wrote:
Deano wrote:Wahayyy peeps! me and my bezza are buying Bolton!! What larks!!! #COYW
Have you been drinking constantly since your last post last night? :pissed:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:40 am

This Collins fella, hope all his cash isn't in Premium Bonds and Postal Orders.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:40 am

LeverEnd wrote:
thebish wrote:
Have you been drinking constantly since your last post last night? :pissed:

yes! :pissed:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 am

Is anyone expecting someone wadded to chug up?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:17 am

Michael Anthony Collins is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for League Two club York City, on loan from League Two club Oxford United. Collins has been capped six times by the Republic of Ireland under-21 team.

OR

Michael Collins (born October 31, 1930), Major General, USAF, Ret., is an American former astronaut and test pilot. Selected as part of the third group of fourteen astronauts in 1963, he flew into space twice.

either way... we're minted! :D

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 am

Oooh, THAT Michael Collins or THAT Michael Collins. I was thinking of Liam Neeson.