Question about a fan takeover

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Question about a fan takeover

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm a little unsure about which bit we're missing or what you'd expect him to talk about? The Club is up for sale, we know that. The Board and I assume now Trevor Birch will try and find the best fit buyer. I don't see really what there is to talk about.
...and legally you can't reveal any details of the bid(s).
I'd be surprised if they weren't under Non-Disclosure Agreement, aye...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Marc iles tweeting that a big story will break around 7pm....
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Marc iles tweeting that a big story will break around 7pm....
Tell him to drag it out a bit. The Archers is on at 7pm & He ken's situation is building up nicely.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Eddie Davies has agreed to wipe off all of the debt if the club is sold.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:05 pm

A holding statement with little in it, but the suggestion that there is more than one interested party. Or in other words, nothing much we didn't already know. ED has apparently written off over 175 million squids. That's an incredible effort by anyone's judgement.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:20 pm

So no debt. No administration looming. Eddie Davies deserves a fecking statue in Victoria Square for this.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:23 pm

http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/ ... 16129.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Q&A/ statement there. About time the club cane out and answered some of the bullshit.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:So no debt. No administration looming. Eddie Davies deserves a fecking statue in Victoria Square for this.
+ 1

Hopefully that should stop the terminally bewildered from accusing him of using us as his personal cash cow
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Nice gesture from ED, but he was never getting that money (that he owed to himself anyway) back. So a gesture is all that it is. Having said that, anyone who gives him stick needs to give their head a shake.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:So no debt. No administration looming. Eddie Davies deserves a fecking statue in Victoria Square for this.
+ 1

Hopefully that should stop the terminally bewildered from accusing him of using us as his personal cash cow
Indeed. Trevor Birch isn't linked to "the old guard" directly, so if he reckons it's cost ED £185m, that's good enough for me. I think Gartside has previously used the word "humbling" to describe ED's contributions. Ain't that just so...

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Beefheart wrote:Nice gesture from ED, but he was never getting that money (that he owed to himself anyway) back. So a gesture is all that it is. Having said that, anyone who gives him stick needs to give their head a shake.
So no gratitude or recognition for what he's put in or done.

If our new owners provide half of what EDs given and are proper supporters of the club and town as he has been, we will be doing very well

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Or in other words, nothing much we didn't already know.
Nothing whatsoever any right minded person didn't already 'know'.

I feel for Davies, he came to the table, hit a winning streak, but as tends to happen to all gamblers his luck ran out.

Any 'local' football club that tries to compete with the global brands will eventually get burned. However much cash you might throw at it, they will always have deeper pockets. You can have your two weeks in the sun, but eventually you have to go back to reality. We may go down, but we'll soon enough settle back to our own small town level. Come on you Whites!

Meanwhile, some knobs will c*nt off Eddie Davies even though he's just shelled out for their summer holiday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 pm

That is good stuff. This is what was needed to calm down some of the speculation. Doesn't sound like anything is all that close but interesting to hear a bit more concrete information.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
+ 1

Indeed. Trevor Birch isn't linked to "the old guard" directly, so if he reckons it's cost ED £185m, that's good enough for me. I think Gartside has previously used the word "humbling" to describe ED's contributions. Ain't that just so...
These ^^

I'm fckg sick of seeing people dissing a man who bankrolled the greatest period since the 50's, possibly the 20's. The ingratitude, the vile remarks from some, the determination by some fckg clueless scrotes that he's been on the take throughout this make my blood boil.

He folded a little early. He could, with hindsight, possibly have spent a tad more and got better rewards but the man is a bloody hero and a Bolton Saint. He should be thanked by every single person who has ever cared for this club.

So, let me say it .... thank you Eddie Davies, thank you £185m times.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:24 pm

.... and breathe.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Agreed bobo. Though some of that debt is simply interest accrued added to the bill.
But nontheless a huge commitment from the man. Unprecedented in our history.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 pm

And to add....... Rumour has it hes not gonna sell the club to any who hay henry who happens to have a few quid to buy the club... Which imo speaks volumes about the man.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Tremendous that the best case scenario on the debt is becoming a reality.

You can also see why he may now be being careful handing over on the cheap a debt-free club with a load of assets to Dean Holdsworth and pal money making investment vehicle..

Although let's remember we're now a debt-free loss-making club on its way to League One without a parachute (payment) !
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:22 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Nice gesture from ED, but he was never getting that money (that he owed to himself anyway) back. So a gesture is all that it is. Having said that, anyone who gives him stick needs to give their head a shake.

If our new owners provide half of what EDs given and are proper supporters of the club and town as he has been, we will be doing very well
No of course, he has pumped in a ridiculous amount of money, I'm just saying that the wiping off of the debt has very little real impact.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Beefheart wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

No of course, he has pumped in a ridiculous amount of money, I'm just saying that the wiping off of the debt has very little real impact.
It makes us a lot more attractive.

Say a consortium buys us for £30m. They then spend £20m over the next two years getting us promoted to the Premiership. They instantly recoup that money on tv rights alone.

More than one group of investors would be interested in that, wouldn't they?