Question about a fan takeover

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Question about a fan takeover

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 am

A recruitment and transfer committee consisting of Plymouth and ........ well, just Plymouth really.

First target being to ensure Trotter doesn't return.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:44 am

We clearly need some oil money. I'll chuck a 100 Dirhams in, but for that I expect to be put in charge of players rights :twisted:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 am

It's shaping up nicely... First AGM will be round at Tango's living room sometime next month.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Norpig wrote:We would end up having 10 managers a season as nobody is happy with the manager for more than a few months at a time! I know it worked for Watford last season but they had buckets and buckets of money!
It's Bury who have buckets of money!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

thebish wrote:
Norpig wrote:We would end up having 10 managers a season as nobody is happy with the manager for more than a few months at a time! I know it worked for Watford last season but they had buckets and buckets of money!
It's Bury who have buckets of money!
No.. They're just buckets
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:They generally have a number of fans that happen to be wadded....and quite a few are backed by businesses as "fans". Wolfsburg are worried, coz they're backed by VW...
Wolfsburg are different to other German clubs in that they (and Bayer Leverkusen) are owned entirely by one company. They are allowed to do this because of a legacy rule that means because they were set up as works teams originally for the staff of the company before the Bundesliga was established in the 60's that have since reached a level where pro players were needed etc. they are allowed to retain that single ownership model.

Other German clubs have to be set up as members clubs, where at least 50% plus one of the club is owned by it's members who are allowed to vote on issues etc. The other 49.9999% can be owned by whoever, which is why you have cases like Bayern Munich who as well as being a member's club which is 81.8% owned by their fans also have significant stakes held in them by the likes of Adidas (9.1%) and Audi. These shares can be sold for high prices, so the amount Adidas paid in 2002 (€77m) helped Bayern finance the building of the Allianz Arena. Audi paid €90m for their shares...

The German model for running football clubs is so much better than here, but it's too difficult now to change to this model without major changes to the club and/or the leagues.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm

...and of course the Bayern bigwigs would love to adopt the English model. Or better yet the Spanish model, without all that collective-bargaining-for-TV-deals stuff...

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:00 pm

danardif1 wrote:
The German model for running football clubs is so much better than here, but it's too difficult now to change to this model without major changes to the club and/or the leagues.

Their ticket prices and treatment of fans are way superior, mind you there's not much jeopardy in the title race in recent times Bayern versus A N other followed by an asset strip of that others best players...

Our domestic game fecked itself when the powers that be allowed it to split under the control of two governing bodies and the most attractive one set about whoring itself out to an Australian phone hacking criminal and Satellite salesman to the direct detriment of almost everyone except Him.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 pm

norm the jedi wrote:Our domestic game fecked itself when the powers that be allowed it to split under the control of two governing bodies
There already were two - the FA and Football League. Quite a few at the FA resented the FL's power, so they did nothing when the top clubs broke away into an independent top division – in doing so, setting up a third body, the Premier League, a corporation of 20 shareholders. Now the Premier League shareholders control the money: last season, revenues were up 29% to £3.3bn. That's £3,300,000,000. Meanwhile the FA, having pledged to increase grassroots spending by £15m a year (that's £15,000,000), finds itself cutting 100 jobs in order to afford it.

So: rich clubs got richer because the FA let them in order to win a squabble. Now neither the FL, the FA nor the poor clubs have enough money, because the vast majority of it is going to the top-flight cabal.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:44 pm

The vast majority is being paid out in wages to players.

Players that patently aren't worth their contracts.

Good luck to them mind, just wish I was 40 years younger.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Primarily, because it would make 30 year old women attractive again!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Enoch wrote:Primarily, because it would make 30 year old women attractive again!
I don't think Thirty year old women ever stopped being attractive?
We on the other hand became invisible..

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A recruitment and transfer committee consisting of Plymouth and ........ well, just Plymouth really.

First target being to ensure Trotter doesn't return.
I'd be happy with that!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:59 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
danardif1 wrote:

Their ticket prices and treatment of fans are way superior, mind you there's not much jeopardy in the title race in recent times Bayern versus A N other followed by an asset strip of that others best players...

Our domestic game fecked itself when the powers that be allowed it to split under the control of two governing bodies and the most attractive one set about whoring itself out to an Australian phone hacking criminal and Satellite salesman to the direct detriment of almost everyone except Him.
It's not the rest of the Bundesliga's fault that Bayern have really got their shit together in recent years. If you look beyond Bayern the rest of the league is very competitive and there is no place for badly managed teams to hide. Just look at Stuttgart, a massive club who are being punished for bad management and signings by propping up the table and being the league's whipping boys right now.

I'd comfortably say that Bayern are probably the best run football club in the world, both commercially and on the pitch. They make massive money through many different areas, they spend that on the facilities and it allows them to keep prices down for the fans, and they also mix buying big name players at megabucks prices with producing their own players. They have got it all so sorted right now.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:05 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:...and of course the Bayern bigwigs would love to adopt the English model. Or better yet the Spanish model, without all that collective-bargaining-for-TV-deals stuff...
That's probably true, but they continue to be the best run outfit within the current German system and don't show any sign of suffering because of it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:17 am

danardif1 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:...and of course the Bayern bigwigs would love to adopt the English model. Or better yet the Spanish model, without all that collective-bargaining-for-TV-deals stuff...
That's probably true, but they continue to be the best run outfit within the current German system and don't show any sign of suffering because of it.
That's your opinion, which I defend your right to have, but it differs from that of FC Bayern Munich AG's chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

We did a piece on it here in summer. Ah, summer, you seem so long ago.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:55 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
danardif1 wrote:
That's your opinion, which I defend your right to have, but it differs from that of FC Bayern Munich AG's chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Interesting to read about. Rummenigge and the other Bayern bigwigs are the most corporate-oriented in Germany (hence their success) which is why I can understand their position on this. I did mean that they were hardly in a bad position financially despite existing within the German model, and I actually agree with them that whilst they can't completely try and run after the Premier League they do need more TV money to be able to keep up long term. I disagree with the proposals they are making as they are completely self-interested when German football as a whole has generally been so united on it's culture. I can't say I'm a fan of Bayern because whilst they are incredibly well-run they are still very much the big baddies of the German game.

I still feel that German football should do it's best to remain as close to it's current principles as possible. It is a great example to the rest of European football as to how to maintain a balance between all the elements the other leagues makes great claims to be about; a depth of young domestic players mixed with bigger name foreign stars, packed stadiums, cheap tickets and fans who have a say in the running of their club. You can even take your beer with you to your seat... and it doesn't get much better than that does it.

Whilst I wouldn't shy away from laying the blame at the club management for it's own massive failings, I somehow doubt that we'd be in the same position we are right now if Wandern Bolton were in the German system rather the laissez-faire English one. That clubs are allowed to get into the kind of position we currently are in is a problem with the English game as a whole, not just Garty.

PS. thanks for the polite way of saying I'm wrong... :P

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:37 am

danardif1 wrote:

On current form they don't seem to be losing out but I suppose Rummenigge is looking forward. I can't see many prem chairman seeking to negotiate a larger individual deal to allow them to stick 50% of the take into a fund to subsidise the rest of the competition though. So, even allowing for the biggest team seeking to protect its position there still appears to be a refreshingly responsible collective approach.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:52 am

danardif1 wrote:[thanks for the polite way of saying I'm wrong... :P
Manners cost nowt, mate. :D (And can opinions be wrong? There's a pub discussion...)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

danardif1 wrote:[thanks for the polite way of saying I'm wrong... :P
Manners cost nowt, mate. :D (And can opinions be wrong? There's a pub discussion...)
Opinions can often be wrong, and I thought you'd solved our problem but then realised you'd written manners not managers as I 'd initially read it...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください