Bristol City (H) 7.11.15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bristol City (H) 7.11.15

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:It's got to be worth throwing Woolery in from the off. See it he can run some channels, see if we're capable of a slotted, slide-rule through ball to an on-rushing forward.
Doubt it'll happen. I think NL's currently at the "throw on the pacy kid against tired legs" stage. Might take a while for him to get to the "ignore the four experienced strikers I've signed since summer" stage.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:It's got to be worth throwing Woolery in from the off. See it he can run some channels, see if we're capable of a slotted, slide-rule through ball to an on-rushing forward.
Doubt it'll happen. I think NL's currently at the "throw on the pacy kid against tired legs" stage. Might take a while for him to get to the "ignore the four experienced strikers I've signed since summer" stage.
Tis true. It was in the 90th minute of the Birmingham game that we played our first through-ball to Woolery.

I am yearning for the unknown. A surprise package.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Tis true. It was in the 90th minute of the Birmingham game that we played our first through-ball to Woolery.

Sod it, jump straight to Samizadeh :D

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

Sod it, jump straight to Samizadeh :D
He can come on for Woolery in the 85th minute with us 3-0 to the good. Add a fourth for good measure. :pissed:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Well I had:
Arses over Tits - (H) Bristol City 7/11/15
or
Red Red Robins are Bob Bob Bobbins - (H) Bristol 7/11/15

as I'm predicting a 3-0 hammering by us. Hat trick by the Swallow.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:29 am

I seem to remember in the dark days of the 1980s that Bristol City were a bit of a bogey team for us, therefore, I am not holding out much hope for a result in our favour. They have a striker who has scored nearly 3 times as many as our top striker (which is amazingly Liam Feeney with 3).

I am hoping they are ashamed of their performances in the last few weeks and go out all guns blazing and tear City to pieces but then I have been hoping for that all season!

Anyway I will be there doing my best to support the lads in their hour of need, my heart says a comfortable win, my head says another defeat in the offing and the dar days to return!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:37 am

They were indeed our bogey team. Gerrymandering Gow, the b@stard usually in the centre of it all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:41 am

Then they nicked Tony Caldwell for about 40p and a chocolate finger.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:They were indeed our bogey team. Gerrymandering Gow, the b@stard usually in the centre of it all.
First game back in the old 1st Division in 1978...Me, thinks reasonable opener for the mighty Ian Greaves Super White Army. Gow ran the show iirc (and scored)....then they dicked us 4-1 away....It was easier playing the Redshite.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:They were indeed our bogey team. Gerrymandering Gow, the b@stard usually in the centre of it all.
First game back in the old 1st Division in 1978...Me, thinks reasonable opener for the mighty Ian Greaves Super White Army. Gow ran the show iirc (and scored)....then they dicked us 4-1 away....It was easier playing the Redshite.
I'm pretty sure that was the game we were in the open end and it pissed down soaking us all as well.
Best thing about that was some blonde who kept getting her tits out much to the delight of all.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:32 pm

^^ I thought it was glorious sunshine.

Aren't all "first game's of the seasons" played in glorious sunshine ? By law. A bit like FA Cup Finals ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:36 pm

I thought it was sunny too...oh unless Hobes is on about the away game?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ I thought it was glorious sunshine.

Aren't all "first game's of the seasons" played in glorious sunshine ? By law. A bit like FA Cup Finals ??
The opening game was sunny. May have been my young giddy eyes but iirc Gowlings opener was pretty special. Think Hoboh might be referring to the away match.

I used to hate Bristol bloody City. They always beat us, often hammered us, spoiled our trip to Wembley and yes, nicked Caldwell via the tribunal for 3k less than they originally offered us!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ I thought it was glorious sunshine.

Don't know, might have been, travelled to Bristol a few times but remember getting pissed through more than anything else, even the girls tits, about the place!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:00 pm

^^ it was in Bolton.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Going for a 2-0 win, feeling positive today so CYWM!!!!! :oyea:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sure was. We did the double on the FRS that season. 3-0 at Burnden. 2-1 away.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:04 pm

wigan white wrote:Going for a 2-0 win, feeling positive today so CYWM!!!!! :oyea:
Bit early to be on the pop WW although I suppose it is allowed on a Friday.

I'm going for a 0-1 loss. They score off a set piece in the first half and despite all the huff and puff we never look like scoring.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:06 pm

I think it will follow a similar thread to the Leeds game.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:15 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Sure was. We did the double on the FRS that season. 3-0 at Burnden. 2-1 away.
I know. From memory F.Worthington (4), Gowling (1)?...Was in the Stretford for the away game - all the sweeter....