Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Bit of neat defending gets the ball back to Amos. His kick recovered and the Royals sally again and Pratley clears badly to give them a shooting chance...which Amos grabs. Now then, here they come and....get a corner. And in it comes and....McShane heads way over with Ameobi challenging. Casado, Davies, Wheater....and back to Amos. Big Dave now, Prince....and a bit of chat from micman and.......ooohhh, Al Absi saves from Feeney and Mark Davies after a Royals error in defence. Will we get a couple of chances in the onion bag today......more mither about results then...Feeney and....Al Absi makes a great save from a Pratley header.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:20 pm

And the corner clearerd and.....they try a break but back we come. Could be three nil but for Al Absisays micman? Now the Royals break and win a corner that.....Amos has. Pratley thunders one wider than a mile. Come on Whites, this is sounding better. Throw them, Gunter and Casado eventually sets us off but Absi intervenes well. All go this one so far and....chatter about scores and they come at us and....it ends with a goal kick us after 20 mins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:27 pm

We're still looking sharp apparently, as they get a throw. Wheater getting good words before Spearing sets us off, but they clear. Feeney is the man so far, says micman. Time for a bit of a chat before....oh, Axfords are good for wood, by the way. Vela goes forth but misreads Ameobi's run. Now Pratley does well, beats three then wins a free kick. And......and......ohhhh, they manage to clear after some pressure from us. Now they visit us and our defence does well. They come again and.....Norwood hits a Wigan. Mic man claims our defence know what they're doing....steady now with the Bovril mate. Now we win it and....it ends back with Absi. To and fro before we get a throw. Fiesty sounding game so far. Let's have a goal you Superwhites...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Pratley's forwards ball goes into touch and now they have a sally at us and micman claims McCleary does a falling dive and gets a free. Wheater getting good mentions and now we clear after a bit of a mellee. And......it's 1-0 off a Prince error. Deflection apparently.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Here we fcking go again. Shite.

Utter shite.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:35 pm

That sounds a bit against the run of play but yet another error costs us a snake when we keep trying for ladders. Ah, well, we'll just have to score two, maybe three...er. Corner them and Amos has to save a Norwood thunderbolt for a corner. Now a goal kick us. We just cannot afford to lose this and slip further. COME ON WHITES....BUCK UP....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:35 pm

We clear and micman say Davies is very quiet......and it's 2-0...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Anything decent on telly on a Saturday afternoon?
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:39 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Anything decent on telly on a Saturday afternoon?
Danny Dyer, so no then!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Dummy run mugged our defence and a twenty yarder goes into the bag. Oh shxt. What does a goal feel and look like?
All flash and no bang as Mark Davies gives away another free kick. And....mic man babbles about Bury before we scramble it clear but they come back like a Blackpool tide. Talk about who should be captain....of what..? They come again and must be thinking it's their birthday. Our early composure seems to have ebbed a bit and.....they hit the side netting after a McCleary cross causes havoc.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:49 pm

McShane apparently goes on a five hundred yard run (okay, fifty then) unchallengedbefore Pratley falls over the ball. Micman say we just fall to pieces after going behind.....really? Guess, it's a yes. Not sure what's happening as micman relates scores, but now they have another free kick and......Pratley wins a free. N.L waves our lot forward.....steady now and...Absi has it and clears. And the half time score is...wait for it....if Pratley clears....and we get a free with two mins added announced. And........2-0 it is......We can afford to give Reading a two goal start....can't we? Oh. a late corner for them makes it........still 2-0.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:51 pm

There is just no fight in those players at all. It's no surprise when we go a goal down. I don't even have a reaction myself these days, just an inevitable loss. It still bloody hurts though :(

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:53 pm

I'd say Lennon out, but we probably can't afford to sack him. Oh well, onwards into utter oblivion.

May as well just disband the club and be done with it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh wanky wanky, wanky wanky wanky Wanderers.

Feck this for a game of soldiers.

See you all next season for our push for promotion from League 1.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:59 pm

DJBlu wrote:Oh wanky wanky, wanky wanky wanky Wanderers.

Feck this for a game of soldiers.

See you all next season for our pathetic attempt to avoid relegation from League 1.
Fixed that for ya :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:01 pm

"Can you Adam and Eve it?" is what micman said of their first goal. That's a bit milder than what I said about their second. Add that to the fact that an ex keeper of ours is making saves Spiderman would envy and the mood in our dressing room at half time must be er.....not good. It all comes back to our inability to score goals and I'd be raiding a few ex managers homes to find that voodoo doll dressed in the Whites kit that one of them must have. Part two beginneth.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Anything decent on telly on a Saturday afternoon?

Garth Crooks is on now. He always looks like he's midway through the most difficult shit imaginable!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:09 pm

I think there's only two of our squad will remember Al Habsi... Wheater and Davies. I think.

Remember how we used to say "Shows how far we've come?" Well, shows how far we're going back.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:10 pm

jmjhb wrote:I'd say Lennon out, but we probably can't afford to sack him. Oh well, onwards into utter oblivion.

May as well just disband the club and be done with it.
Unfortunately this....everything about this club is fcuking shambolic. Anyway from what I'm hearing Lennon will probably leave off his own back shortly if the rumours over the past few weeks are true (although I have to say I don't personally believe them, but the people who told me are adamant) and BTW the rumour has nothing whatsoever to do with BWFC directly, but its no wonder that we are so disorganised.

I don't want to get into any bother, which is why I've not said anything previously....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Out we trot and are there any changes or has N.L just wired the lads into the mains? .....Off we go then....

We clear via Casado but back it comes and Amos gets his first touch. Whoooooosh it goes forth (I imagined that because mic lads are having a chat aboiut cabbages and kings right now. Free kick them, cleared but back they come. Some possesion before Danns gets us forward. Wheater and Prince mentioned before Feeney...has a bit of a mix up and gives a free away. COME ON YOU WHITES......and Mark Davies gives one away. Wheater heads one out for a corner tham, blocked and....we give it away and now Vela sets off. Ameobi loses out because he had no support and we're playing less well than the Dagenham Girl Pipers. Another free them and....it ends up with Amos....eventually, before Feeney wins a free thirty five out? Casado sends one in but we get off-sided. Al Absi wallops and....now Pratley and....Ameobi bounces one off the bar.