Per Frandsen - your memories

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Per Frandsen - your memories

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Hope he gets well soon! Shame he probably won't be able to make it on Monday.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Life is so unpredictable at times. He' still a comparatively young man so hopefully he can battle through it and cope with surgery. So strange that now players hardly stay five minutes before moving on. Per Frandsen is an example of those, like McGinley, Gudni, David Lee, Ivan Campo and Kevin Davies who have moved on but who will be forever Whites. Very best wishes to a favourite Wanderer. Get well soon Per. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Arriving in the summer after our fairly disastrous first Premier campaign (95/6), he was the makeweight in the double-Danish deal that also brought us diddy winger Michael Johansen

Anyway, Johansen was a good player but Frandsen was better.
Indeed. Saw them both make their debuts away at Port Vale. We left the ground questioning as to which one had actually cost all the money - a situation that would never change.

A joy of a player to watch. Oh, and as for that goal against Boro in 2003? I still have the match ball. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Arriving in the summer after our fairly disastrous first Premier campaign (95/6), he was the makeweight in the double-Danish deal that also brought us diddy winger Michael Johansen

Indeed. Saw them both make their debuts away at Port Vale. We left the ground questioning as to which one had actually cost all the money - a situation that would never change.

A joy of a player to watch. Oh, and as for that goal against Boro in 2003? I still have the match ball. :D
Any chance of a pic of that? Would be great in this thread.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:32 pm

William the White wrote:Agree with all the above. I'd like to identify his performance in the opening match of the 2001-02 season, away at Leicester as his finest 90 minutes. Per absolutely bossed that game. He scored 2 and made 2 in a Whites 5-0 victory.

I was writing the match report for the sadly missed fanzine Tripe n Trotters and gave Per a perfect ten as MotM.

The best away performance ever. :D :D :D

Edit - just noticed. beaten to it by DSB!!! :D
For you William!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/u3-g7TZ4t7U[/youtube

*edit* Tried to embed it, not a clue what I'm doing if someone could oblige :oops:
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Any chance of a pic of that? Would be great in this thread.
Here you go, Tango. :) (Apologies for the poor quality pic, I'll get one with my camera if I can find any batteries)

May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Thanks, just the ticket. :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:00 am

chester white wrote:
William the White wrote:Agree with all the above. I'd like to identify his performance in the opening match of the 2001-02 season, away at Leicester as his finest 90 minutes. Per absolutely bossed that game. He scored 2 and made 2 in a Whites 5-0 victory.

I was writing the match report for the sadly missed fanzine Tripe n Trotters and gave Per a perfect ten as MotM.

The best away performance ever. :D :D :D

Edit - just noticed. beaten to it by DSB!!! :D
For you William!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/u3-g7TZ4t7U[/youtube

*edit* Tried to embed it, not a clue what I'm doing if someone could oblige :oops:
You were nearly there - what you have to do (confusingly) is just paste the last bit, the random letters/numbers after the second slash, ignoring the "http://youtube.com/" or "http://youtu.be/" bits. :D

PS Get well soon, Per, you wonderful hero.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:43 pm

I must have forgotten how close Leicester were to taking the lead in that game. Sitter.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:18 pm

That game was played the same day that Trinity Retail Park opened for business. I know that because I was on it and couldn't get off for over two hours. The whole area was gridlocked. I listened to the game on't radio though and that made up for it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Jugs wrote:I must have forgotten how close Leicester were to taking the lead in that game. Sitter.
I remember that chance of Elliots well. Think I said to the mrs, if we can hold on for the first half hopefully we can sneak one later on. 5 minutes later we were 2 up. A young Bijou Bob missing Ricketts goal due to his slack bladder :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:14 am

Set pieces, how long since we were remotely threatening at set pieces? :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:12 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Set pieces, how long since we were remotely threatening at set pieces? :(
Since Kevin Davies left? :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Set pieces, how long since we were remotely threatening at set pieces? :(
Since Kevin Davies left? :wink:
It was a good while before then Tango...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Kevin Davies didn't leave.

He was sacked. On Christmas morning. Via text message. While he was on the job.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 pm

He's gone ????????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Kevin_Yahoo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kevin_Yahoo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Many, many thanks for your help with this guys. The piece on Percy is now published and you can read it here https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blast- ... 40790.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Share with fellow fans if you like it!

Cheers again,
Kevin

PS credited the site rather than individual posters as that gets a bit too messy

Kevin_Yahoo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kevin_Yahoo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:44 pm

It went up on Friday, a day before that news about him being poorly. Strange timing, but hopefully he will read it and it will be a reminder of how highly he is thought of in England!.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Kevin_Yahoo wrote:Many, many thanks for your help with this guys. The piece on Percy is now published and you can read it here https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blast- ... 40790.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Share with fellow fans if you like it!

Cheers again,
Kevin
PS credited the site rather than individual posters as that gets a bit too messy
Nice write-up, cheers Kevin.