The Charlton thread. - Charlton (A) 15/12/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Charlton thread. - Charlton (A) 15/12/15

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 am

Spririted fightback but their goals were worrying, as ours were for them I've no doubt (the first at least)

But a potential springboard and Saturday is massive
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:23 am

it felt good at half time to have come back from 2-0 to 2-2 against relegation rivals...

but this morning I am left feeling that if you've made the effort to come back from 2-0 to 2-2 and you have a whole half a game left - against relegation rivals - and you REALLY need the points and the manager has said it is a "six-pointer" etc.. then the onus is on you - and the momentum is with you to go out and win the fecker, not settle for a point...

maybe I'm being over-critical..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:28 am

thebish wrote:it felt good at half time to have come back from 2-0 to 2-2 against relegation rivals...

but this morning I am left feeling that if you've made the effort to come back from 2-0 to 2-2 and you have a whole half a game left - against relegation rivals - and you REALLY need the points and the manager has said it is a "six-pointer" etc.. then the onus is on you - and the momentum is with you to go out and win the fecker, not settle for a point...

Not really. We needed the 3 points. We need quite a lot of wins between now and the end of the season. Every game we fail to win is a failure now.

Coming back from 2-0 down shows decent character. But I feel that these players are so used to not winning at all ever, that they were probably happy with a draw. But every draw now is basically another nail in the coffin.

I'd like to see real urgency, desire, even panic. But it just doesn't seem to be there. It mirrors the time Coyle was here, people liked him for some reason but that meant the club just sleepwalked it's way to relegation and subsequent disaster. Whilst our choices are far more limited now, Lennon has the same vibe. I think he's beaten and cannot stir the players into action. If a takeover does miraculously happen I think a new manager needs to be first priority if at all possible. Some energy is desperately needed.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:33 am

Missed the first goal due to a late train. Arrived in time to see us play some neat if not effective stuff before gifting them a second.

Thought we were the better team to be honest. Charlton could not get a grip when Davies and Clough et al ran at them - though sticking MD on the left wing was square peg/round hole. He always drifted centrally and we ended up being the most lop-sided team ever.

MoTM was probably Feeney, great cross for the first goal (though lol Charlton's centre halves) and had the beating of their left back numerous times. Vela seemed to grow four foot after his goal and was really busy until he got injured. Hopefully not bad. Madine's sub appearance made me long for Heskey.

Charlton were absolutely awful. They are also five points ahead of us.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:51 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Missed the first goal due to a late train. Arrived in time to see us play some neat if not effective stuff before gifting them a second.

Thought we were the better team to be honest. Charlton could not get a grip when Davies and Clough et al ran at them - though sticking MD on the left wing was square peg/round hole. He always drifted centrally and we ended up being the most lop-sided team ever.

MoTM was probably Feeney, great cross for the first goal (though lol Charlton's centre halves) and had the beating of their left back numerous times. Vela seemed to grow four foot after his goal and was really busy until he got injured. Hopefully not bad. Madine's sub appearance made me long for Heskey.

But on the bright side when we go into admin we will still have a positive points total after they take the 12 off us.. :-)
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:07 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Missed the first goal due to a late train. Arrived in time to see us play some neat if not effective stuff before gifting them a second.

But on the bright side when we go into admin we will still have a positive points total after they take the 12 off us.. :-)

oh yes! it's all coming up roses!! :D :oyea:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Pleasure to met a few more forumers yesterday. I reckon there were a couple of fuzzy heads this morning.

Happy to have missed the first Charlton goal. Second went in and I thought we were doomed. Great fightback which prompted noise from the Wanderers faithful, who were brilliant. Feeney had a great game and made their LB look amateur (maybe he just was). Clough linked up well and was unfortunate not to score.

We do have the 'quality' to stay up. Get that first win in 6,343 days and we'll be reet.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:08 pm

What's happened to that Wilson fella we got from Charlton?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:02 pm

thebish wrote:it felt good at half time to have come back from 2-0 to 2-2 against relegation rivals...

It doesn't sound like we settled for a point; it sounds like we went for the win and were the better side.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:19 pm

thebish wrote: you have a whole half a game left - against relegation rivals - and you REALLY need the points and the manager has said it is a "six-pointer" etc.. then the onus is on you - and the momentum is with you to go out and win the fecker, not settle for a point...
Which might well be what the Charlton fans may be saying this morning, particularly as they were at home.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:31 pm

jonnycooper wrote:What's happened to that Wilson fella we got from Charlton?
Lennon was asked about him a few weeks ago, just described him as 'out of favour'. But by then he'd signed Pisano, who he's now fallen out with as well.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote: you have a whole half a game left - against relegation rivals - and you REALLY need the points and the manager has said it is a "six-pointer" etc.. then the onus is on you - and the momentum is with you to go out and win the fecker, not settle for a point...
Which might well be what the Charlton fans may be saying this morning, particularly as they were at home.

aye - mebbe so - and I'd be, frankly, disappointed at EITHER side settling for a point in such circumstances - but as I am a Bolton fan - mostly US!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Jugs wrote:

It doesn't sound like we settled for a point; it sounds like we went for the win and were the better side.
Nope, we settled. Which was v frustrating given how good we looked when we got after them in the first half. Second half was a real chance, and points aren't good enough for us any more. They should have come out roaring in the second half, instead Amos was taking 30 seconds to take a free kick 5 mins from the end. If we don't start winning soon we're f*cked so why not have a go?! If any away game is winnable it's that one.

Feeney star man for me, don't get the stick he gets. Yes, he's not Cristiano Ronaldo, but he beats his man and gets the ball into the box. His cross for Heskey was a dream. Clough was v rusty but it's frighteing how much better his touch is than anybody else we have. Should have done better with a chance near the end but was blowing out of his arse. We need him fit.

Best I've seen Vela play too, goal made a big difference, he looked like he finally believed he belonged rather than a kid who's hoping he might get to stay. Hope he's OK, he and Spearing were excellent.

As others have said though, Charlton were wank, we need to be winning those games.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 pm

not just me then...