Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:26 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: If Iles is to believed we need to money from Clough sale in order to even enter administration.
What utter fcking horseshit.
It is what Birch and the club are telling Iles. He can only report what they say.
Undoubtedly. It's still fecking nonsense though.
I thought that, but perhaps they need some cash in the bank to cover running costs during the admin period.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Doesn't sound like any of the buyers are close. No way they wouldn't be pushing to keep him.

This is pish.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:The thing with Clough is that his next move could be what makes or breaks his career. It often is for young players still finding their feet. Moving to the other end of the country might not be the best thing for him and if he feels that, then he shouldn't go. he clearly has the club at heart and it's wrong for the club to pressure him or guilt trip him into going somewhere he doesn't feel right. I can't help feeling he's be better off going somewhere nearer that would allow him to stay closer to his friends and support network.
This is why it's the biggest betrayal of all. Selling him to a club that can enhance his career and he's happy with I can accept. He's too good to play in league 1 with us anyway, but not to fellow relegation candidates at the other end of the country who will probably sack their manager in the next few months.
From the academy that bears Eddie Davies' name too. There's something symbolic about this for me that goes beyond downsizing and financial problems. Davies should stump up the cash to stop this from happening. It's ultimately his fault that it's come to this.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:44 pm

At least he'll get games rather than sitting in, say, Everton's u21s?

Really is depressing that we've been waiting for someone to come through with the talent and potential of Clough for a years and years and he's being sold early to pay a tax bill and/or appoint an administrator. Maybe we'll see him again in 2030 like we did with Gudjohnsen.

So we're selling our best two players when it comes to first touch, balance, technique.. Gonna be a toss few months, if we survive being liquidated!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Afobe gone for £10m yet we are struggling to get £3m for Clough. Words fail me.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:29 pm

jmjhb wrote:Afobe gone for £10m yet we are struggling to get £3m for Clough. Words fail me.
well certainly his time with us was one of them wtf - arsenal, wenger, really moments. Obviously found his niche at Wolves -interesting to see if he can reproduce.

As Wolves are up for sale wonder where the money goes ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:32 pm

jmjhb wrote:Afobe gone for £10m yet we are struggling to get £3m for Clough. Words fail me.
He's only a year older than Clough, played a lot more games, scored a lot more goals and appears to be resistant to injury. He's worth much more than Clough.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Clough could well be worth a fortune in the future, but I bet we don't even get a decent sell-on clause.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Athers wrote:At least he'll get games rather than sitting in, say, Everton's u21s?

Really is depressing that we've been waiting for someone to come through with the talent and potential of Clough for a years and years and he's being sold early to pay a tax bill and/or appoint an administrator. Maybe we'll see him again in 2030 like we did with Gudjohnsen.

So we're selling our best two players when it comes to first touch, balance, technique.. Gonna be a toss few months, if we survive being liquidated!
Lets be honest its been abysmal last 4 years....so a few more months won't make any difference.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Sobering thought number 1: By close of this transfer window, we could have just 2 or 3 current first team players left.

Sobering (And happier) thought number 2: Our under 21 team couldn't do worse than bottom place.

I'm a glass half full type of guy.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Eddie who...I've forgotten about him already
What a complete bellend you are. Yes, this is the guy who put the money in that led to those magnificent European nights, You don't even go to home games, do you?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:The thing with Clough is that his next move could be what makes or breaks his career. It often is for young players still finding their feet. Moving to the other end of the country might not be the best thing for him and if he feels that, then he shouldn't go. he clearly has the club at heart and it's wrong for the club to pressure him or guilt trip him into going somewhere he doesn't feel right. I can't help feeling he's be better off going somewhere nearer that would allow him to stay closer to his friends and support network.
Who was that youth we had some time back, the one who got homesick everytime he left his bedroom? Anyway, I'd like to think Clough would be less jelly like. I don't want to see him go, but if he does it's only Bristol not Tehran...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Who was that youth we had some time back, the one who got homesick everytime he left his bedroom?
Tim Ream :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: If Iles is to believed we need to money from Clough sale in order to even enter administration.
What utter fcking horseshit.
It is what Birch and the club are telling Iles. He can only report what they say.

not really true - he's a journalist - not a club spin doctor... isn't he??

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Clough could well be worth a fortune in the future, but I bet we don't even get a decent sell-on clause.

aye - but, let's face it, he might be worth nowt in a few years... 2mill plus up to a million add-ons might be the very best we would ever make from him... also - he could have just run his contract down and gone for nowt... stranger things have happened!

I know we are all very excited about him - but it doesn't take THAT much to look like an ace prospect at Bolton, does it!! I'm not saying he's shoite - he's clearly not - but I am far from sure that he has done enough over a long enough period to be deemed the total real deal...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Sobering thought number 1: By close of this transfer window, we could have just 2 or 3 current first team players left.

where do you imagine they will all go?? you think bidders will come calling for all but 2 or 3 of them??? really???

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:05 pm

thebish wrote:but I am far from sure that he has done enough over a long enough period to be deemed the total real deal...
Thing is big clubs spend far more on just as unproven promise as Clough. He's only need to be at Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal for 2 seconds to get an England cap - that's how it works...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:07 pm

thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Sobering thought number 1: By close of this transfer window, we could have just 2 or 3 current first team players left.

where do you imagine they will all go?? you think bidders will come calling for all but 2 or 3 of them??? really???
There's interest in Doreen and even Trotter got snapped up for a couple of months...anything is possible :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:but I am far from sure that he has done enough over a long enough period to be deemed the total real deal...
Thing is big clubs spend far more on just as unproven promise as Clough. He's only need to be at Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal for 2 seconds to get an England cap - that's how it works...
clearly not in Clough's case!! I am sure if they had come in and bid £10mill - we'd have taken it... so presumably they haven't.
Last edited by thebish on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Who was that youth we had some time back, the one who got homesick everytime he left his bedroom?
Tim Ream :D
That's the badger!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください