Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm sorry but I'm not having it that the players will be contacting Wonga to pay for their turkeys.

I'm sure clubs will be queueing up to offer them big fat deals! line up! line up!! errr....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:Footyballers are a flashy lot - many live month by month like the rest of us and their outgoings percentage wise may be no different that the man
Exactly what I was thinking. Older higher players ight be ok but the younger ones might struggle. They've got the moneybags PFA to look after them though, unlike th epoor bastards who don't play football for a living.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:Footyballers are a flashy lot
Yeah, that'll win the sympathy vote.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Footyballers are a flashy lot - many live month by month like the rest of us and their outgoings percentage wise may be no different that the man
Exactly what I was thinking. Older higher players ight be ok but the younger ones might struggle. They've got the moneybags PFA to look after them though, unlike th epoor bastards who don't play football for a living.
Problem is not just the wages to the players but you must feel for the backroom staff of cleaners, tea ladies etc etc who won't in all likelihood have "massive savings" to rely on.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:20 pm

how many actual tea-ladies do we actually employ? do we have ANYONE whose job it is to make tea? Is it the law for all football clubs to have a tea-lady?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:25 pm

thebish wrote:how many actual tea-ladies do we actually employ? do we have ANYONE whose job it is to make tea? Is it the law for all football clubs to have a tea-lady?
Not a clue but someone must do the cleaning, wash the kit, get the half time oranges cut etc, it's those I feel sorry for, the players will I'm sure get another club somewhere.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Riviman wrote:
thebish wrote:how many actual tea-ladies do we actually employ? do we have ANYONE whose job it is to make tea? Is it the law for all football clubs to have a tea-lady?
Not a clue but someone must do the cleaning, wash the kit, get the half time oranges cut etc, it's those I feel sorry for, the players will I'm sure get another club somewhere.
aye - but they'd be kit-washers, cleaners and half-time-orange-ladies!

sorry - am just amused by the idea that every time the back room staff of a football club are mentioned in any context , they are tea-ladies! I'd be surprised if many players even drank tea! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Riviman wrote:

sorry - am just amused by the idea that every time the back room staff of a football club are mentioned in any context , they are tea-ladies! I'd be surprised if many players even drank tea! :D
Just asking: do football clubs employ pastors? If at half time you're feeling a little bereft of spiritual unction can one trot from the changing room to the 'chapel' (or whatever) and get reinvigorated by god. [and isn't his, (the pastor, not god)'s assistant ALWAYS a tealady????]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:50 pm

^ It must be me. My wife tells me that Father Ted is NOT really how Christians operate. Sorry.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Riviman wrote:

Just asking: do football clubs employ pastors? If at half time you're feeling a little bereft of spiritual unction can one trot from the changing room to the 'chapel' (or whatever) and get reinvigorated by god. [and isn't his, (the pastor, not god)'s assistant ALWAYS a tealady????]
they often have chaplains - Bolton have the only full-time chaplain in football - Phil Mason

here he is with Muamba... having worked with CAFOD and Muamba to get the football shirts that were left as tributes while he was in hospital - hundreds of them - to vulnerable children and young people who have become separated from their families through poverty and conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:08 pm

I've not seen a Tea Lady since I worked for Bolton MBC Environmental Services in 85/86. Proper set-up. She'd wheel her trolley into our office, big earn of hot water on the top shelf with tea bags, coffee and sugar sachets. Jugs of milk, cups, saucers and tea spoons on the middle shelf, a selection of slices of fruit cake and packets of three biscuits (Digestives, Bourbons, Custard creams and that), plus Penguins, Blue Ribands, Viscounts, Breakaways, Club biscuits on the bottom shelf.

Wish we had a tea lady where I work now. I'm fecking sick of having to make it!
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 pm

I was a tea-lady at Burnden Park.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I've not seen a Tea Lady since I worked for Bolton MBC Environmental Services in 85/86. Proper set-up. She'd wheel her trolley into our office, big earn of hot water on the top shelf with tea bags, coffee and sugar sachets. Jugs of milk, cups, saucers and tea spoons on the middle shelf, a selection of slices of fruit cake and packets of three biscuits (Digestives, Bourbons, Custard creams and that), plus Penguins, Blue Ribands, Viscounts, Breakaways, Club biscuits on the bottom shelf.

Such a shame all those public sector cuts put a stop to this vital service.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:07 pm

My tea lady is still in a job.

Primarily because her redundancy package is eye watering!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

This reminded me of the terrible (Christmas Cracker) joke! About the robbery on a biscuit tin!
A Bandit did a Breakaway in a taxi! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

They look like good value compared to us paying for a full time Chaplain!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

They look like good value compared to us paying for a full time Chaplain!
It does seem a tad extravagant. I wonder, have we also got:
the only full time sock darner
the only full time careers advisor for ex-football players
the only full time technical area white line painter
the only full time scout in Fiji
the only full time sager makers bottom knocker
etc.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bruce is the office brew bitch! :lol:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I worked at Bolton MBC Environmental Services in 84/85

I wasn't the tea lady. :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:46 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I worked at Bolton MBC Environmental Services in 84/85

I wasn't the tea lady. :grin:
Your hair was longer though, Grebo :D

And Bob, I actually do make more brews than the two colleagues for whom I brew up, otherwise we'd be down to two brews a day rather than the two brews an hour as is my requirement. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way