Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Ameobi's looked the best of a bad bunch when I've seen him.Clearly major fitness issues though, and we can't afford to be gambling on that (well, turns out we can't afford to be gambling on anything!)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Tell him to take Heskey, Madine and that clown that only ever comes on in the 92nd minute with him!
See, I take your point about Madine, he often flatters to deceive, yet he will undoubtedly get double figures in a very poor team this year. It's a good few seasons since anyone achieved that and possibly the mark of a bloke who deserves some time?
Give over, he's absolutely shite. He's missed more from 2 foot out than he's managed to score, and as for him holding the ball up, I'm utterly baffled as to how a lad that's about 6'2" and weighs around 80 Kg is knocked off the ball easier than I've ever seen from anybody. How we've got from Anelka to this shithouse is football's greatest mystery.
At Hillsborough his hold-up play was good, but he had two chances to get us at least a point and missed them both. In other games he plays like a shrinking violet, hold nothing up and his head goes down when he's getting nowhere. He might do better in League 1 I suppose, obviously relies on confidence.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ameobi's looked the best of a bad bunch when I've seen him.Clearly major fitness issues though, and we can't afford to be gambling on that (well, turns out we can't afford to be gambling on anything!)
Wouldn't surprise me if the replay's gate receipts are stuck on the Euro the way the club is non-managed!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Ameobi's looked the best of a bad bunch when I've seen him.Clearly major fitness issues though, and we can't afford to be gambling on that (well, turns out we can't afford to be gambling on anything!)
Wouldn't surprise me if the replay's gate receipts are stuck on the Euro the way the club is non-managed!
Not that you're obsessed or owt.... :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
midlands exile wrote:Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC · 1h1 hour ago
SW: This is Shola Ameobi's last week at the club. We're not in a position to keep him. It's a shame. You want players with experience. #BWFC
It's not a shame though really is it? After a promising start he's been shite. I wish him well but he needs to call it quits. Now give the younger lads a chance. The worst they can do is not score while we lose games. Walford is a dick.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but may I ask why?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
SW: This is Shola Ameobi's last week at the club. We're not in a position to keep him. It's a shame. You want players with experience. #BWFC
It's not a shame though really is it? After a promising start he's been shite. I wish him well but he needs to call it quits. Now give the younger lads a chance. The worst they can do is not score while we lose games. Walford is a dick.

He's entitled to his opinion because we all are. It's the law. ( :wink: )

(Mine is, Ameobi's not been that bad. Not great, obviously, but not that bad either.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

(Mine is, Ameobi's not been that bad. Not great, obviously, but not that bad either.)
Not all of us, at least the ability to share it...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Not all of us, at least the ability to share it...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Anyhow - Spotty, what news of incoming saviours do you bring? There's hardly been a mention of Veloso and we're up to page 46.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Anyhow - Spotty, what news of incoming saviours do you bring? There's hardly been a mention of Veloso and we're up to page 46.
I was keeping him under wraps. If we'd been in administration or deeper shit today, I could have sprung him on an unsuspecting fan base. Now you've spoiled it.
I can, however, confidently assure you that we will retain some players.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Of course you may, old bean!
3 reasons. Firstly and mainly, the interview he gave in place of lennon after the shagging/knife threat accusations. That was a serious issue at a bad time and he made light of it with his 'clip round the ear' comment with a smirk on his face.
Secondly he was brought in to sort out our defence. Enough said.
Thirdly I disagree that not keeping the ineffective Ameobi is a shame.

Mainly because I took a dislike to him after that first interview though.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Of course you may, old bean!
3 reasons. Firstly and mainly, the interview he gave in place of lennon after the shagging/knife threat accusations. That was a serious issue at a bad time and he made light of it with his 'clip round the ear' comment with a smirk on his face.
Secondly he was brought in to sort out our defence. Enough said.
Thirdly I disagree that not keeping the ineffective Ameobi is a shame.

Mainly because I took a dislike to him after that first interview though.

Thanks for the clarification. Don't know him personally but his missus runs with our club. She seems nice at least. :lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Could well be a decent fellow. Bad first impression. I'm sure he wouldn't be overly worried about it!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Madine will bundle some in at League 1 level because he's done it before. That's his level. There is no scope for improvement. He's had a lot of minutes in the Championship and it is quite simply a bridge too far. That's the conclusion. Find this post in 3 years and let me know where he's at. The lanky shite.
You'll be calling for a 10 goal a season striker on the transfer thread. We've already got one. Granted, his confidence is low, but he'll still get 12 or so this season. Not bad for a bloke who was on a free, which is all we can afford right now and more than Mason would have got had we spunked 1.5 million quid on him and slightly less than Wolves' disaster signing who's done nowt for them despite huge wages.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Madine will bundle some in at League 1 level because he's done it before. That's his level. There is no scope for improvement. He's had a lot of minutes in the Championship and it is quite simply a bridge too far. That's the conclusion. Find this post in 3 years and let me know where he's at. The lanky shite.
You'll be calling for a 10 goal a season striker on the transfer thread. We've already got one. Granted, his confidence is low, but he'll still get 12 or so this season. Not bad for a bloke who was on a free, which is all we can afford right now and more than Mason would have got had we spunked 1.5 million quid on him and slightly less than Wolves' disaster signing who's done nowt for them despite huge wages.
There is nothing to suggest that Madine is a 10-goal-a-season striker. He had a great season in 11/12 for Sheffield Wednesday in the Third Tier with 18 goals in 38 appearances. Since then it's been a goal every five outings (at any level).

He's got 5 in 25 appearances this season. So far only 7 men have broken into double figures on the Championship goal table. There is nothing to suggest he's a double figures man. I just don't see it. He misses loads of chances, jumps too early *literally* every time a cross comes over (apart from that one swallow in the summer against Brighton) and is technically about as gifted as Muamba. One goal in Sept. One in Nov. Two in December (two!!). One in Jan.

What baffles me, is that lad Afobe had 9 goals in 25 Championship games for Wolves this season, and he's just fecked off for £10m. Bizarre, right? Only 4 more goals than our Gary! What's gives?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:15 pm

So five in just over half a season. I reckon double figures by the end of the season. That's half decent for a freebie.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:So five in just over half a season. I reckon double figures by the end of the season. That's half decent for a freebie.
I feel a poll coming on!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 pm

^^^ if you added his goals and the complete & utter sitters he's fckd up he'd be well into double figures by now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:14 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
There is nothing to suggest that Madine is a 10-goal-a-season striker. He had a great season in 11/12 for Sheffield Wednesday in the Third Tier with 18 goals in 38 appearances. Since then it's been a goal every five outings (at any level).

He's got 5 in 25 appearances this season. So far only 7 men have broken into double figures on the Championship goal table. There is nothing to suggest he's a double figures man. I just don't see it. He misses loads of chances, jumps too early *literally* every time a cross comes over (apart from that one swallow in the summer against Brighton) and is technically about as gifted as Muamba. One goal in Sept. One in Nov. Two in December (two!!). One in Jan.

What baffles me, is that lad Afobe had 9 goals in 25 Championship games for Wolves this season, and he's just fecked off for £10m. Bizarre, right? Only 4 more goals than our Gary! What's gives?
At least one of those 9 was a pen, too. I thought 10million for Afobe was insanely high. Clough scored something like 5 in 8 last season and would have had more but for the injury.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:So five in just over half a season. I reckon double figures by the end of the season. That's half decent for a freebie.
I feel a poll coming on!
or are you just pleased to see me?