BW Supporters Trust

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: BW Supporters Trust

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:44 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Just who exactly watches the watchmen?
Actually, I'd rather know how the snowplough driver gets to work TBH.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
He gets paid a fckg huge wedge. That's how.

Apparently huge sums of money make impossible things possible and unsafe things safe.

It's the law.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He gets paid a fckg huge wedge. That's how.

Apparently huge sums of money make impossible things possible and unsafe things safe.

It's the law.
Aye - I supposed having been paid a huge wedge, it'd be a shame not to use it to get to your snowplough. :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:12 am

He walks there, then uses the snowplough to clear the road.
Quite an apt analogy of this set of ST wazzocks. Instead of walking there to then clear the roads for the people, they were already cosily installed in their warm snowplough cab playing a game of cards, and saying feck off to the crowds stuck in the snowdrifts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:25 pm

"The official Twitter account for the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust. Become a member for just £10 per year here:"

You can kiss my fecking balloon knot! You're just taking the piss now (or at the very least attempting to). :shock:

And what value might this £10 per annum membership fee deliver to the individual contributor now that the club's been taken over, exactly?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:"The official Twitter account for the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust. Become a member for just £10 per year here:"

You can kiss my fecking balloon knot! You're just taking the piss now (or at the very least attempting to). :shock:

And what value might this £10 per annum membership fee deliver to the individual contributor now that the club's been taken over, exactly?
What stuns me is they say now they aren't even asking for a seat on the board....

I get a supporters trust isn't about running the club per se, but surely a seat on the board with new owners would be sensible?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:"The official Twitter account for the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust. Become a member for just £10 per year here:"

What stuns me is they say now they aren't even asking for a seat on the board....

I get a supporters trust isn't about running the club per se, but surely a seat on the board with new owners would be sensible?
Exactly. Yet still asking for membership fees. For what?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

To invest in zinc? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:53 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

To invest in zinc? :D
Blame Kangana. He's heading this scam up in which he's attempting to disguise, within a pyramid scheme, a hope that he'll flog non-ferrous pans, zinc and that purple stringy stuff that adds no flavour whatsoever to anything, yet which for some or other reason costs more than gold to us, the c*nt. :)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

As a member you will receive regular updates regarding both the BWFCST and BWFC, you will be able to attend regular events and of course you’ll get a chance to influence the running and governance of BWFC by being able to vote on both the election of Trust board members and on specific policy items. However, membership of BWFCST is about more than this – it is about being part of the future of your club and of your Supporters’ Trust.

Although we want to keep membership costs as low as possible, we do need to have a subscription fee, as the Trust has administration costs to meet on an annual basis. All of your funds will be used wisely and will be fully accounted for as shown in the annual accounts. The audited accounts will be freely accessible for all members to view when published.

That's alright then. Not even a badge? :crazy:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 am

Trust say they raised 7M from local businesses in their bid to buy the club.

A decent effort but then they described it as a "compelling bid".

Given it was estimated that we need between 15-20M to get to the end of next season I'd hardly describe it as compelling.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:05 am

You can't knock them for getting off there arses & trying to do something - but it sounds like they are just the latest version of the supporters club / association

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:51 am

Peter Thompson wrote:You can't knock them for getting off there arses & trying to do something - but it sounds like they are just the latest version of the supporters club / association
I agree that you can't knock them, but its all now a complete shambles. I think they had ideas above their stations in not really wanting a "Supporters Trust" per se, but to actually take over the club and haven't thought about what would happen if the club was actually taken over by somebody else. Like last night, when asked if they still wanted a seat on the board, the first answer was a "NO!"??? so if that's the case, how do we implement change within the club. i know they said that the rules are coming in that owners must meet with a supporters trust twice a year to discuss the club, but what's that going to achieve in all reality?
Also, they've already raked in over £20000 in membership fees and as mentioned before, what are they actually going to do do with this money as last nights answer seemed to be "to pay for these meetings"????? :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:59 am

They're a bunch of self-promoting mates.

I know a couple people who have offered their help and haven't even been replied to, despite having a damn sight more experience, knowledge and accumen than the people on the steering group..

Yes, the members get to vote, but only for a few hand picked elite members of their little club.

It stinks to me.. I'm sure there's no malice and their hearts are in the right place, but it seems to have become an ego-trip
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:They're a bunch of self-promoting mates.

I know a couple people who have offered their help and haven't even been replied to, despite having a damn sight more experience, knowledge and accumen than the people on the steering group..

Yes, the members get to vote, but only for a few hand picked elite members of their little club.

It stinks to me.. I'm sure there's no malice and their hearts are in the right place, but it seems to have become an ego-trip
Also I noticed last night that Mike Egan had suddenly become involved and from personal experience of him in the past, it makes a mockery of the ST.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:They're a bunch of self-promoting mates.

Exactly this. It isn't a conspiracy, they are genuinely trying to do something good. But they're going about it, in entirely the wrong way.

Similarly I know of someone with vast experience of running organisations far larger than BWFC itself, who registered their interest and offer of help but never even received a reply.

Once they started publically trying to buy the club before they even had a bank account I knew they weren't worth bothering with. Everything that has happened since has only reinforced that belief.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

"and of course you’ll get a chance to influence the running and governance of BWFC by being able to vote on both the election of Trust board members and on specific policy items"

How's that then?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Thats my problem with it, without a seat on the board, exactly what can we influence at the club?

The whole thing is becoming "less open" than the ED/PG saga.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:00 pm

I think whilst it isn't a pyramid scheme it is basically run by an exclusive committee who will no doubt mostly end up with some form of role within the elected structure. And no doubt have their admin costs paid by the membership fees to hold events and meetings and generally pretend they are representing fans but are instead just enjoying being in charge of an organisation that can occasionally pretend to throw its "weight" around.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:06 pm

As a member you will receive regular updates regarding both the BWFCST and BWFC, you will be able to attend regular events and of course you’ll get a chance to influence the running and governance of BWFC by being able to vote on both the election of Trust board members and on specific policy items. However, membership of BWFCST is about more than this – it is about being part of the future of your club and of your Supporters’ Trust.

how does voting on the election of BWFCST board members give anyone the chance to influence the running and governance of BWFC? :conf:

edit: ahhh - I see pru also asked this question! we demand an answer!!