Dingle Bells, Lennon Smells - Rovers (H) 28/12/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dingle Bells, Lennon Smells - Rovers (H) 28/12/15

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Brick's are quite solid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Feck me, who pished on your parade??!
Ha ha. Call me a realist; pessimist perhaps in your view. The team was reasonably competent today, no more than that. Why would anyone expect the players to repeat the performance in the next game bearing in mind one win in the previous 28?

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Vela had a very good first half.

Feeney is hit and miss - his work-rate is unquestionable. Hall was all miss with none of the work-rate.
Feeney finds it very difficult to control the ball, cross at an appropriate time or in absence of other forwards cut in himself and shoot.
How is Hall doing at Milton Keynes? Well from what I have heard. He was highly rated at West Ham and his few starts at Bolton indicates poor management of his potential - remember deadly Dougie's treatment of some players by freezing them out?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 pm

bedwetter2 wrote: Ha ha. Call me a realist; pessimist perhaps in your view. The team was reasonably competent today, no more than that. Why would anyone expect the players to repeat the performance in the next game bearing in mind one win in the previous 28?

Tis the age of aquarius my good man, and we play Huddersfield on yonder Winter Hill. All will be well. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:49 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Take over imminent! Moyes to take over. Funds available!

You heard it here first!
OK -I'm in! Yay!! :pissed:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:52 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Take over imminent! Moyes to take over. Funds available!

You heard it here first!
OK -I'm in! Yay!! :pissed:

Knew I could count on you!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:04 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/bolto ... urn/339808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Despite knowing the result I was still finger nail chewing at the end there.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Looked to me today our squad ain't so bad.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Enoch wrote:Looked to me today our squad ain't so bad.
Enjoyed the win - very much - but let's not get too carried away! We still didn't look that threatening and could just have easily lost it!

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Thought the same thing after the Fulham game, which, but for Amos going walkabout for their free kick, we would have deservedly one.

Most played very well today. Only Pratley and Vela seemed average, but as two central midfielders in a high-pressure derby, maybe couldn't expect much more.

The whole back four played well. This Prince is an odd one. Very capable defender, but when in possession, the whole stadium holds its breath.

Don't get the Feeney-haters. Tries hard whenever I've seen him, takes men on (often two of them), wants the ball, gets the ball in the box (usually with only one to aim at), runs at the opposition. He's not the most skillful, but despite the continual jeers, goes again and again.

Holding, Moxey and Wheater excellent today.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Our bench appears very weak to me. Only Silva I thought was a viable option to come on for Feeney. So if we lose Mavies, Clough, Moxey and Vela in January, what hope do we have?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:30 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Our bench appears very weak to me. Only Silva I thought was a viable option to come on for Feeney. So if we lose Mavies, Clough, Moxey and Vela in January, what hope do we have?
That we get taken over on Thursday.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 pm

.... certainly enough there not to be adrift at the bottom going into the new year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:01 am

Going to bed tonight knowing we beat the Dingles this afternoon will do for now. One step at a time. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:31 am

Enoch wrote:
.... certainly enough there not to be adrift at the bottom going into the new year.
Absolutely. It is what makes it infuriating. We aren't Blackpool of last year by a long stretch in terms of quality in the squad. But you wouldn't know it from results. They are capable of mid table in my view.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:37 am

jonnybwfc wrote:
Thought the same thing after the Fulham game, which, but for Amos going walkabout for their free kick, we would have deservedly one.

Most played very well today. Only Pratley and Vela seemed average, but as two central midfielders in a high-pressure derby, maybe couldn't expect much more.

The whole back four played well. This Prince is an odd one. Very capable defender, but when in possession, the whole stadium holds its breath.

Don't get the Feeney-haters. Tries hard whenever I've seen him, takes men on (often two of them), wants the ball, gets the ball in the box (usually with only one to aim at), runs at the opposition. He's not the most skillful, but despite the continual jeers, goes again and again.

Prince is that player that you just have to hope he doesn't make a hash of it while carrying the ball. In the air and in the tackle he's capable.

Feeney is just a one trick pony, which works against him. He'd be easy to figure out as a defender and that's why I'd have put Wellington on for him at 0-0.

Vela didn't give much unfortunately.

How awful was the ref? 3 clear penalties not given!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 am

I'm worried Moyes was just there to remind himself that there's folk worse off

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:13 am

Vertigo wrote:
jonnybwfc wrote:

Prince is that player that you just have to hope he doesn't make a hash of it while carrying the ball. In the air and in the tackle he's capable.

Feeney is just a one trick pony, which works against him. He'd be easy to figure out as a defender and that's why I'd have put Wellington on for him at 0-0.

Vela didn't give much unfortunately.

How awful was the ref? 3 clear penalties not given!
He was coming on, but then we scored, so he sat back down
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also needs saying that Holding looks a good one. Real battler. Not entirely sure he is a right back but seems like good experience for him.
I thought he looked a natural - Never too far away from Feeney going forward, never out of position at the back. Won headers, stopped crosses despite keeping narrow when he needed to. Proper defender
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 am

Well you would start putting a bit extra into your shift if you thought you'd be on the market in a week or so, wouldn't you?
It looked like some of the shirkers actually put in near full shifts for a change and that was the difference.