How long would it take to collect £10-15k in buckets?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: How long would it take to collect £10-15k in buckets?

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Funny how we can take on another employee but can't afford to pay the ones we already have!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: However, if they were stationed in Uddersfield town centre, between three to four millennia.

Well, they might be there a little longer if they were to rely on the talent based earnings of this particular Uddersfieldian ;)

:nws:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Well, they might be there a little longer if they were to rely on the talent based earnings of this particular Uddersfieldian ;)
:shock: Needs locking up for desecration of music and the English language. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Cheesus, what a talent. :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Town took 1,962 supporters to last season’s game at Bolton, who won 1-0 in front of an official attendance of 15,924.

In 2013-14, when Town won 1-0, the figures were 1,365 and 15,452.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 0-10670386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Seems fair enough
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Talking of buckets, couldn't the players just autograph a hundred of them and flog them at an auction?? Might get more than what people put in to them!!

Terry Robinson is, er, interesting. Why would a club pay someone to sell their players on the cheap? Am I missing something? Is he employed or on a cut?? If you want to sell something quickly and don't mind the loss, use Gumtree :?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:04 pm

My understanding as to away ticket allocation is that the away club are responsible for the face price of every ticket issued to them, and therefore become, understandably, risk averse when it comes to them having to cover tickets that they haven't sold. I think our Yorkshirean correspondent might want to ask a few questions closer to home before chiming up on here.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:Talking of buckets, couldn't the players just autograph a hundred of them and flog them at an auction?? Might get more than what people put in to them!!

Terry Robinson is, er, interesting. Why would a club pay someone to sell their players on the cheap? Am I missing something? Is he employed or on a cut?? If you want to sell something quickly and don't mind the loss, use Gumtree :?
Hasn't it been Phil Gartside who has overseen all transfers? As he is very ill perhaps we have no one else who has much experience of transfer dealings hence Robinson?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:If you want to sell something quickly and don't mind the loss, use Gumtree :?
Good idea but I can't see him on there yet:

https://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/uk/wardrobe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:40 pm

For #HTAFC fans asking, #BWFC fulfilled Huddersfield's requested allocation of 1,600 tickets. An additional 500 were then sent on Tuesday.

Away clubs can request up to 4,800 tickets at Macron Stadium, providing enough time is allowed for matchday operations to be put in place.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:Talking of buckets, couldn't the players just autograph a hundred of them and flog them at an auction?? Might get more than what people put in to them!!

When clubs are widely known to be skint, their players values drop massively as the potential buyers know the seller needs anything... Robinson may be a person who has expertise in getting the maximum possible for players when in this position. He might someone who understands cut-price valuations in relation to our own books which would hopefully mean that should any players be offloaded they are for not massively unreasonable figures...

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:39 pm

danardif1 wrote:

When clubs are widely known to be skint, their players values drop massively as the potential buyers know the seller needs anything... Robinson may be a person who has expertise in getting the maximum possible for players when in this position. He might someone who understands cut-price valuations in relation to our own books which would hopefully mean that should any players be offloaded they are for not massively unreasonable figures...
Think that Robinson might not get anywhere near full value for the players now, but I'm sure with his experience from lower down the leagues (didn't he sell Dean Keily (sp?)) when will know where to put add-ons, eg more cash after certain number of appearances, international caps, and a % of any follow-up transfer.

That would certainly be appealing for both the buyer and seller, if a lad's not a success then he's been bought for peanuts, and if he goes on to be the next Vardy then the buying club won't mind forking out in the future.

Smithfield Building
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Smithfield Building » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:48 am

providing enough time is allowed for matchday operations to be put in place.
How much time do you need? Tickets sold out Monday evening - is it a military operation? Is there something else the club is in the business of other than sorting football stuff?

It's 2nd Jan, we've had a decent Christmas period. Plenty of interest in this and would have had at least another 1k through the styles. If as suggested before you're losing money by admitting more people then you're doing it very wrong! Not sure what the G4S minimum wage is but if you can't get change out of £25k after bringing in a few more stewards you need to have a look at things. Beer money pie money all in the clubs pocket too.

Organise. Pissup. Brewery.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:59 am

^ ok - enough whining - we have plenty to be worried about on the grand scale of things!

you brought less than 2000 last season and the season before - we've given you more than 2000 tickets this season.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:33 pm

You may also find the additional policing costs more than your average minimum wage worker. Maybe the police want paying up front for the extra policing given our difficulties in paying out at the moment. Either way, there is little point whinging on here about it...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Smithfield Building wrote:
providing enough time is allowed for matchday operations to be put in place.
How much time do you need? Tickets sold out Monday evening - is it a military operation? Is there something else the club is in the business of other than sorting football stuff?

It's 2nd Jan, we've had a decent Christmas period. Plenty of interest in this and would have had at least another 1k through the styles. If as suggested before you're losing money by admitting more people then you're doing it very wrong! Not sure what the G4S minimum wage is but if you can't get change out of £25k after bringing in a few more stewards you need to have a look at things. Beer money pie money all in the clubs pocket too.

Organise. Pissup. Brewery.
Fck me. Get over yourself Compo.

Haven't you got a tin bath to ride down a hill in or something g ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Hang on. You said 10-15k and now it's 25k. You're making it up as you go aren't you :rolleyes:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:49 pm

It's just cock sparing! He's basically saying look at our massive away support! We're the so solid crew
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:56 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:It's just cock sparing! He's basically saying look at our massive away support! We're the so solid crew
DJ Smile be along in a while
Wiv a smile
To sell his so solid crew
Wiv no view
Because of you
And fecking me too
Not selling these crew
Any tickets
Even tho he's fecking ace
In your face...
...sorry I need to fink
In your face...
You base twotters
You rotters
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Smithfield Building
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Smithfield Building » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hang on. You said 10-15k and now it's 25k. You're making it up as you go aren't you :rolleyes:
I know finances and accountancy aren't the strongest points in and about your club at the moment, but didn't think this would be too complex.

The £10-15k I referred to was in reference to bucket collections; all cash going to club, so obviously net after costs..

I then said 'change out of £25k' which makes the £25k gross and 'your change' net after the costs (you know where I said stewards etc...)

1000 fans paying £25 is £25k. I made a rough guess of £10-15k costs (which it would be nowhere near) but to emphasise it's still a lot of money being missed out on by your club for doing feck all and making excuses as to why more tickets/pay on the day couldn't be arranged.

Judging by the indifference here it also seems like you lot couldn't give a shiny shite about some extra revenue coming your way either. Up shit creek and giving away your paddles.

Bolton Business Sense.

I shan't moan anymore. Good luck with your plight.