Lennon out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Lennon out!

Post by Jugs » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 pm

It's the Coyle thing all over again. Had we sacked Coyle in October 2011, we may have stayed up (I'd argue we would have done). Had we got shut of Lennon even in January this year, I reckon we'd at least be a couple of points closer to MK Dons than we are now.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:52 pm

If your team has 'mental fragility' what would be the last thing you do? Oh yeah go to the press and and tell the whole world they're mentally weak. That'll build their fragile confidence. Way go to Neil!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35763872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my limited experience with dealing with kids born after 1995, for the most part they don't respond to a bollocking. They need encouraging - I've yet to see it from St. Neil when I've sat behind him. He's constantly on their backs over little things. The man management is just shocking.

I'm at the stage where I hope someone decks him training.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Lennon is Mental ly weak!! That is all. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :box: :spank:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon has fallen out with the players. Hardly a surprise. Blokes responsible. He wants to blame the circumstances but that just shows how mentally weak he is.

Easily the worst manager in this division and an unpleasant one to boot.

Please Deano, if you can, don't hang around, get shot pronto!
Someone asked Iles on Twitter if the players had lost respect for Lennon. He replied 'it's an issue', which is a diplomatic yes.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:If your team has 'mental fragility' what would be the last thing you do? Oh yeah go to the press and and tell the whole world they're mentally weak. That'll build their fragile confidence. Way go to Neil!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35763872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my limited experience with dealing with kids born after 1995, for the most part they don't respond to a bollocking. They need encouraging - I've yet to see it from St. Neil when I've sat behind him. He's constantly on their backs over little things. The man management is just shocking.

In mine they usually stare at the floor waiting for a teacher to cuddle them!

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:If your team has 'mental fragility' what would be the last thing you do? Oh yeah go to the press and and tell the whole world they're mentally weak. That'll build their fragile confidence. Way go to Neil!!!

Not in this day and age unless you want to lose your job and appear in court!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:02 pm

:lol:
Riviman wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Not in this day and age unless you want to lose your job and appear in court!!
:lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon has fallen out with the players. Hardly a surprise. Blokes responsible. He wants to blame the circumstances but that just shows how mentally weak he is.

Easily the worst manager in this division and an unpleasant one to boot.

Please Deano, if you can, don't hang around, get shot pronto!
Someone asked Iles on Twitter if the players had lost respect for Lennon. He replied 'it's an issue', which is a diplomatic yes.
How would Iles know? His opinion...and its more informed than most given he speaks to players. Its an opinion I share, mind.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Steve Bruce reckons you're only as good as your strikers.

Look at ours and look at our league position. The correlation of our strikers being shite and being bottom ain't for nowt.
The defence is worse, compared to the rest of the division. We've conceded more than all bar two, but we've scored more than six teams (including 10th-placed Preston). We've had an erratic defence and an inefficient strikeforce. Having either is bad. Having both is deadly.

As usual, the truth is slightly more complicated than a soundbite. For instance, I wonder what Steve Bruce reckons about Fulham scoring eight more than Middlesbrough but being 30 points behind them?
:lol: consider myself and Bruce de-bunked!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

Look at ours and look at our league position. The correlation of our strikers being shite and being bottom ain't for nowt.
The defence is worse, compared to the rest of the division. We've conceded more than all bar two, but we've scored more than six teams (including 10th-placed Preston). We've had an erratic defence and an inefficient strikeforce. Having either is bad. Having both is deadly.

As usual, the truth is slightly more complicated than a soundbite. For instance, I wonder what Steve Bruce reckons about Fulham scoring eight more than Middlesbrough but being 30 points behind them?
Heh! Methinks Bernard Cribbins over there has his own agenda (like "buy me a striker in summer")... For the record Hull have the division's meanest defence.

And it's interesting that we've neither the limpest strike force nor the leakiest defence. Wonder what else it could be?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

Heh! Methinks Bernard Cribbins over there has his own agenda (like "buy me a striker in summer")... For the record Hull have the division's meanest defence.

And it's interesting that we've neither the limpest strike force nor the leakiest defence. Wonder what else it could be?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 am

On a different thread, PT asks:
Peter Thompson wrote:Would anyone accept Lennon staying on as manager next season in League 1 - trying to restore his much damaged reputation with a point to prove to, if he agreed to drop his salary by 50% ?
Would I like it? No. Would I agree with it? No. Would I expect it to work? No. But I'm not sure how much choice we get over "accepting" it, PT – bar excluding ourselves from the thing we love.

It does seem like he's out by summer.... as long as we can afford the payoff. On arrival in October 2014 he was given what was described as "a three-year contract" by the Guardian. (Wikipedia currently says it's a four-year contract, but links off to a BBC page which doesn't mention contract length.)

Interesting, and a little sad, to read that Guardian piece with hindsight.
The Lancashire club’s well-publicised debt situation, added to the impact of financial fair play regulations, means Lennon’s experiences with the likes of Victor Wanyama, Fraser Forster and Gary Hooper would have been highly pertinent in their thinking. The Bolton owner, Eddie Davies, took little time on his first meeting with Lennon to offer him not only a new job but the relative security of a three-year contract.

Lennon is far from the ferocious character of his earlier portrayal. He can lose his temper, sometimes spectacularly, but is an excellent man manager. The Northern Irishman is hard working, has a passion for football and does not over-complicate tactical situations. He has been a regular at coaching forums in recent years and has enjoyed one-to-one sessions with the best, including Sir Alex Ferguson. He laughs at the jargon commonly associated with managerial speak nowadays, a trait unquestionably inherited from O’Neill. Ask Lennon for a football ideology and the response will be instant: “Winning.”
Lennon’s assistants, Johan Mjallby and Garry Parker, play key roles. Mjallby brings a ferocious will to win and an attention to defensive detail which Celtic have been sadly lacking this season. Parker, a former pupil of David Pleat and Brian Clough, offers a detailed knowledge of players in the Championship and a proven ability to get close to those of whom he is in charge.
And this closer...:
Lennon has his work cut out, of that there is no question. It can be said with similar authority that Bolton should have made a smart choice.
Yeah, we should.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 am

^^

And remember those Leicester fans wanting him to 'come home' prior to the start of the season...............Makes you think that does.... :|

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:On a different thread, PT asks:
Peter Thompson wrote:Would anyone accept Lennon staying on as manager next season in League 1 - trying to restore his much damaged reputation with a point to prove to, if he agreed to drop his salary by 50% ?
Yes apologies I should have put that on this thread.

To clarify though, I don't want him here next season - I just thought that I'd ask the question if it turns out that we can't afford to sack the useless cnut.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:48 pm

I think I've said this before. It needs repeating.
We can't afford not to sack him. Too fxcking late for this season me fear, but essential for next season. Get rid, fxck the payoff. Maybe the board will take into consideration penalty clauses in managers' contracts henceforth, and not just performance bonuses.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I think I've said this before. It needs repeating.
We can't afford not to sack him. Too fxcking late for this season me fear, but essential for next season. Get rid, fxck the payoff. Maybe the board will take into consideration penalty clauses in managers' contracts henceforth, and not just performance bonuses.
Aye. Reading Deano's comment on the official site, I suspect Lennon hasn't got long here.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Bobo, if his contract isn't TUPE'd across can we not just make him redundant?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Aye. Reading Deano's comment on the official site, I suspect Lennon hasn't got long here.
I have idly wondered whether the recordings of our games will be kept and sent on to a certain prospective future manager, for the purposes of evaluating who stays and who goes in summer. Pep's doing it for City and Bayern don't seem to mind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I have idly wondered whether the recordings of our games will be kept and sent on to a certain prospective future manager, for the purposes of evaluating who stays and who goes in summer. Pep's doing it for City and Bayern don't seem to mind.
Would you seriously consider coming here if you saw some of that sh*t?

Come on, be fair.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Bobo, if his contract isn't TUPE'd across can we not just make him redundant?
Why wouldn't it be TUPE'd ? He's an employee, he has a contract, there are new owners, they don't have a spare manager hanging around.

Even if that was possible he'd see his contract terminated with due process n regard to notice (could be paid in lieu) and severance.

The only sharp practice I can imagine would be for the new owners to reopen the recent incident and find that it wasn't properly dealt with or they had new information .... and subsequently sack him for Gross Misconduct. Well ... that's what I'd do.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".