The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 pm

That's about it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:^^numbers in the accounts include the younger players and permanent reserves etc...

I suspect we are still around the 15M mark.
Not according to your mate Iles from a week ago...He couldn't be wrong could he?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bol ... ers_today/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£10m he says. There is another £10m allegedly on "non-playing staff, services and so-called corporate costs"
We were 16M as of September according to Iles at the time. I suppose we released a few but even then presumably we are still having to pay some of their wages.

Whatever way you look at us hard to see what sports shield find appealing at the minute.
I'm only quoting the same source you use, when it suits your sense of blame.

Assuming you can get over the hurdle of why anyone would want to own a football club, it's not that hard to see. If (and that's a big if) ED left us with £15m debt, that would be one of the lowest debt positions in the Championship. 16th out of 24. If he left us with £30m which is still lower than when he arrived, we'd still be in the bottom half...if it was only £7.5m we'd be in the bottom 5 debt positions...
Low debt is great. But if you are basically a group of investors which is the sports shield business model you want to be making your money back and then some. Which means turning a profit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm

^^ How many football Clubs in the Chumps are doing that without owner subsidy?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ How many football Clubs in the Chumps are doing that without owner subsidy?
My point is how do they think they will make back their money and a tidy profit? It would have to be future investment. Hope they have deep pockets and better sense than we have had previously.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:^^ How many football Clubs in the Chumps are doing that without owner subsidy?
My point is how do they think they will make back their money and a tidy profit? It would have to be future investment. Hope they have deep pockets and better sense than we have had previously.
You're getting into an even more hypothetical scenario than those that we "know facts" about. Look, as others have said, SS know the position of the football club in terms of its debt, its revenues, its costs, certainly more info than you, I, Nixon, Iles etc. and they've STILL signed the deal. Either they've done that on the basis that they think they can turn an instant profit or they have a longer term plan to get us to profit or they know they'll make a loss, but the cock-waving they can do to their mates coz they own a football club is worth it.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:36 pm

well I guess it remains to be seen what SS model is, but if it is to turn a profit (in whatever timescale)I'd say there are a limited number of options to do that as asset stripping potential seems now to have been limited (unless they find hydrocarbons under the macron/ lostock or the hotel becomes the destination of choice for the rich and wealthy)
1. either they run things on a shoestring and experience unprecedented success (ignore general correlation between spend and position);
2 they invest the necessary to get the club back into the PL promised land of milk and honey (however much theyve gusessted that to be ?) ;
3 they manage to sell on for more they've paid. Given our predicament unless they can sell pdq to one of the other bidders/some other new foreign bod or are able to sell some players for a reasonable fee, our rate of losses will mean they have to go more with option 2 (which hopefully was their plan all along).

It could be of course that investors arent actually lined up and the model actually relies on SS attracting them once option 1 starts to work

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm

There are other scenarios:
It might be a pyramid selling share scheme scam.

Deano might not actually be Deano but an alien lizard in a human skin suit, and the Macron is perfectly aligned to the Lizard Death Satellite.

Or Sport Shield is a cover for the Ko Fang Shu, a secret Chinese society in league with the Communist Party which needs a cover for the humongous fixed football matches it plans to strip the anti-revolutionary Hong Kong citizens of their ill gained fortunes through gambling.

But, my favourite and I know this is true, Deano has mixed gypsy-Jewish heritage and he is the front man for a Cabbalist group of Zionists who are the real Illuminati, and through the means of propelling Bolton to the status of Premier champions and European Cup Winners they plan to get Deano elected as MEP of the NW region because they know that's where 95% of the world's fracking reserves lie...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Given the preponderance of shady, shifty ne'er do wells involved in f*cking up football clubs up and down the length of this fine country, the odds are in BWFCi's favour that this is going to be another.

Just ask the fans of Birmingham, Portsmouth, Leeds, Blackpool, Chester, City, Newcastle, United, Cardiff, Hull, MK Dons...

I'm sure I've missed dozens.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Given the preponderance of shady, shifty ne'er do wells involved in f*cking up football clubs up and down the length of this fine country, the odds are in BWFCi's favour that this is going to be another.

Just ask the fans of Birmingham, Portsmouth, Leeds, Blackpool, Chester, City, Newcastle, United, Cardiff, Hull, MK Dons...

I'm sure I've missed dozens.
Well Charlton to start with.
But, but, but, I thought Insanos target was ED not SS. SS are the fxcking saints according to Insano.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Are they? oh, righto, as you were then. I thought he was making a point that we might have gone from the frying pan to the fire.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Are they? oh, righto, as you were then. I thought he was making a point that we might have gone from the frying pan to the fire.
He might have too, I can't keep up...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Nope. We're already in the fire and Eddie is chucking wood on just as quickly as he can. Lennon has a giant bottle of lighter fluid and keeps cackling something about Heskey.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:32 am

There IS some breaking news - some TOP breaking news and I am putting myself on the line here to tell you that I know what it is... but I can't tell you...

#intheknowbutnottelling

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Eddie Davies parting gift to Bolton fans - League 1 football....

Bolton's very own Dick Dastardly

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Is that about six threads you've put that up on P.T.?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Is that about six threads you've put that up on P.T.?
Wasn't counting - why is their a limit ?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Is that about six threads you've put that up on P.T.?
Wasn't counting - why is their a limit ?
PMSL :lol:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 pm

I keep being lured onto this thread by new posts appearing !!!!!! Still no breaking NEWS!!!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:39 pm

jonnycooper wrote:I keep being lured onto this thread by new posts appearing !!!!!! Still no breaking NEWS!!!!
^ hahahah. Fooled ya.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:I keep being lured onto this thread by new posts appearing !!!!!! Still no breaking NEWS!!!!
^ hahahah. Fooled ya.
...and again you mug :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください