New Owners, Lennon goes, who do you think want to replace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New Owners, Lennon goes, who do you think want to replac

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Sign right backs to not play them.

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:54 am

I doubt we'll change manager before the end of the season.

Assuming that Sunderland get relegated and Big Sam gets the sack I wouldn't say no to him making a return.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:26 am

Can't see that if we're in Div 1. And I'm not convinced having a manager on the same wedge as the whole squad would work either...never know though.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:18 am

Rjs37 wrote:I doubt we'll change manager before the end of the season.

Assuming that Sunderland get relegated and Big Sam gets the sack I wouldn't say no to him making a return.
Dream on, Sunderland might just scrape home, if not Sam will be in place to bring them back up next season.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:12 am

Firstly what make you think we will now be able to afford to sack a manager the incoming owners are obviously not loaded otherwise Eddie would have sold to them back in December (maybe wrong). When they first turned up they were going to use the stadium for concerts etc to raise money these people are investors and will want a return on their investment! Would not be surprised to see us just carry on as we have been zero investment and zero ambition! League one here we come!!

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 am

Norpig wrote:Firstly what make you think we will now be able to afford to sack a manager the incoming owners are obviously not loaded otherwise Eddie would have sold to them back in December (maybe wrong). When they first turned up they were going to use the stadium for concerts etc to raise money these people are investors and will want a return on their investment! Would not be surprised to see us just carry on as we have been zero investment and zero ambition! League one here we come!!
So far they've bought the club at a knock-down price, yet if they don't invest in the playing staff they are not going to raise the value of the club beyond that are they? Wanting a return on investment is fine but they tend to put money into the business with the aim of raising it's value so they can sell at a big price later on... well in football that means putting money into buying better players so the club is in a higher position in the ladder and it's worth more.

There is zero chance of return on investment if they just sit around and watch the club mill around League 1... so what would be the point of buying it then?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:38 am

danardif1 wrote:
Norpig wrote:Firstly what make you think we will now be able to afford to sack a manager the incoming owners are obviously not loaded otherwise Eddie would have sold to them back in December (maybe wrong). When they first turned up they were going to use the stadium for concerts etc to raise money these people are investors and will want a return on their investment! Would not be surprised to see us just carry on as we have been zero investment and zero ambition! League one here we come!!
So far they've bought the club at a knock-down price, yet if they don't invest in the playing staff they are not going to raise the value of the club beyond that are they? Wanting a return on investment is fine but they tend to put money into the business with the aim of raising it's value so they can sell at a big price later on... well in football that means putting money into buying better players so the club is in a higher position in the ladder and it's worth more.

There is zero chance of return on investment if they just sit around and watch the club mill around League 1... so what would be the point of buying it then?
By my reckoning that 'bargain price' looks to be about £22.5 million!
I'd expect little investment tbh and a lot of movement of people and assets outwards.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 am

Hoboh wrote:
danardif1 wrote:

By my reckoning that 'bargain price' looks to be about £22.5 million!
I'd expect little investment tbh and a lot of movement of people and assets outwards.
If you are a group of investors, and you have committed 22M funding (think your figure is about right too) you want a way to get it back with interest. I don't think that they can sell assets in excess of that total easily at all. The only way I see them making their money back is via selling the club as a higher end championship club or by reaching the premiership. They either are total dreamers or they intend to invest. Total dreamers cannot be ruled out by the way.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Warnock. Too late. Bugger.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:14 pm

I'd like the board to make a considered decision based on talent rather than bowing to the fans and getting someone in who we think would be good at the job.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:22 pm

DJBlu wrote:I'd like the board to make a considered decision based on talent rather than bowing to the fans and getting someone in who we think would be good at the job.
Which appointments do you think they've bowed to the fans on? I'm not really seeing that they ever have...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
DJBlu wrote:I'd like the board to make a considered decision based on talent rather than bowing to the fans and getting someone in who we think would be good at the job.
Which appointments do you think they've bowed to the fans on? I'm not really seeing that they ever have...
Coyle?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Think Coyle and Lennon are appointments that happened to be popular with the fans (or probably more accurately where the popularity was a secondary factor). Think in both cases the primary reason they were appointed is that the powers that be *thought* they were making a decision based on talent. Hindsight is 20:20 and all that.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I said keith hill when we went dougie...browny maybe...I think there is a decent boss in reffearn as well. Certainly pre rotherham anyway!
I hoped that was the case. When he dug out Casado & Pisano I thought "yep, progress".

Deryk & the the other guy too. But the way he then used them, or didn't, the sidelining of players, playing players out of position ... in droves ... all looks like a manager with no plan.

I wanted him to do well. In my heart of hearts I want to agree with your view, but facts aren't bearing that out.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:Think Coyle and Lennon are appointments that happened to be popular with the fans (or probably more accurately where the popularity was a secondary factor). Think in both cases the primary reason they were appointed is that the powers that be *thought* they were making a decision based on talent. Hindsight is 20:20 and all that.
That's the way I'd have called it.