Madine

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Madine

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Not often do I agree with Hoboh, but thoroughly agree with him on this subject. In my opinion, Madine the washing machine should never be allowed near the macron again, never mind pull on a white shirt. The bloke is an utter cnut. A bellend of the smelliest order. Fck him off now and play the tea lady up front if need be.

Thoughts and / or opinions?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Madine

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:31 pm

I'd give him a bonus, make him captain, and stand shoulder to shoulder as we shouted in Lennon's face "FXCK OFF". By which we meant fxck off, you know as in sling your fxcking hook. Lennon is crap, but he's a toerag too, and should have been binned for bringing the club into disrepute. If he was my boss, I'd have done what Madine is reported to have done. And I don't care that Madine is the shittest striker I've clapped eyes on... there are bigger principles at stake.
So no, I don't agree, I'm exactly the opposite. Madine's an employee not a chattel. Lennon's a manager not a dictator. And in my experience when things get that bad between boss and worker, the blame most often lies in the crap man management skills of the boss. Not always, but mostly, and as an outside observer of Mr Lennon, I'd stake money on his less than subtle man management techniques. I'd probably go as far as to say they were invisible.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

What did he do ...... (even *allegedly) ??

But he IS the worst 'striker' I've ever seen
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:What did he do ...... (even *allegedly) ??

But he IS the worst 'striker' I've ever seen
He's accused of telling Lennon to fxck off!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Difficult to know without being there. Was Lennon being a tit and blaming everyone alse but himself? Do the players recognise that he's clueless and madine was the only one with the balls to stand up to him? No idea.

I'm leaning towards the Pirate rather than the Leopard but my sincerest hope is that Lennon gets binned, a couple of loans come in and neither feck* ever features for BWFC again.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Is that it ??

In a post match changing room ?

Really ??

Jeez. There'd be no-one still at any club I ever played for.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:07 pm

how long until the loan window slams shut?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Is that it ??

Really ??

I suspect there isn't! :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Really ??

I'm with you, mate.

This has been blown out of proportion for me.

So what if he told Lennon to feck off? Passions flare after a game for Christ's sake. I feel like telling Lennon to feck off right now, too.

Gaz Madine, He Is A Goal Machine

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:05 pm

thebish wrote:

Really ??

I suspect there isn't! :D
:lol:

I'm sure it goes on a lot but surely any manager worth his salt can't ignore it? Certainly it must be harder to shut rebellion down if your side are struggling and you're losing/have lost their respect
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:24 pm

^^ any manager worth his salt doesn't get into the position where it can happen.

If it does, and there are always disgruntled players in any environment, he should be confident enough to know it's an isolated attack by a player who's just made a tit of himself.

Also he should know that slapping he guy down would be par for the course and other players would shy away.

He cannot have simply told him to eff off.

He has shown himself to be far thinner skinned than I'd expect.

But Madine IS especially shite. I just wanted to mention that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:29 pm

In fairness, it's Madine, he was probably aiming it at a team mate but fking missed.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:In fairness, it's Madine, he was probably aiming it at a team mate but fking missed.
:D

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Madine is a hot head. So is Lennon.

If both go I don't think I'll lose any sleep.

Lennon should have thrown the book at him when Madine publicly called him a prick last time.

Another poorly managed situation.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:46 pm

We don't know the facts, but: No team ever works with a hothead who causes bother in his own camp. It just does not work. If Madine was being an utter xxxxx then Lennon , as manager was entitled to pull him in line. Madine's getting plenty money to do as he's told while on club time. Sorry Spots if you don't agree, but he's a paid employee. Lennon's getting plenty money to make sure he does. If Madine is a short fuse merchant, then sooner or later, everybody's going to be on the end of his ire. Nobody should be treated like shxt, manager or player. They're all on contracts and, compared to the rest of the working population, bloody well paid. Grow up somebody and remember it ffs.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:56 pm

In front of the others, in the dressing room, even if things were a bit hot, no way!
I suspect it was a little more than just a simple feck off.
Madine should go.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 pm

If it's just a case of being told to 'feck off' then this has been blown out of the water. These things must happen all the time when things are going bad in a high testosterone environment. Tbf, I would probably do the same in Madine's shoes. I've had seats right behind Lennon in a few games this season and his barking at players is park level at best. It must get right on their tits.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:14 pm

For Lennon to drop him has to be serious...he has some pretty low moral standards himself - taking the team to a hotel before all games so he can get his end away for example.

From reading the comments it appears to be heat iof the moment but madines refused to apologise next day so been forced to train with the kids.

Lennons the boss so I agree...but its a bit difficult to back him.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:For Lennon to drop him has to be serious...he has some pretty low moral standards himself - taking the team to a hotel before all games so he can get his end away for example.

From reading the comments it appears to be heat iof the moment but madines refused to apologise next day so been forced to train with the kids.

Lennons the boss so I agree...but its a bit difficult to back him.
Oh I'm well and truly in the camp that says both the buggers should be gone.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ any manager worth his salt doesn't get into the position where it can happen.

If it does, and there are always disgruntled players in any environment, he should be confident enough to know it's an isolated attack by a player who's just made a tit of himself.

Also he should know that slapping he guy down would be par for the course and other players would shy away.

He cannot have simply told him to eff off.

He has shown himself to be far thinner skinned than I'd expect.

But Madine IS especially shite. I just wanted to mention that.
I don't think it is isolated though. It seems to be an ongoing thing. And on the 2nd highlight we don't know how much he's put up with.
It is Lennon's fault we can't replace the useless bastard adequately though. He has options and once again appears to have used them wrongly.

My other observation is that Madine was very fortunate to get another chance in this league. My Sheffield Wednesday mate was amazed we took him on after his shit form and prison time. Neil Lennon gave him that chance and he's chucked it back at him. Madine is also one of those culpable in the fact that it's going to be a one season thing.

I do suspect that Madine would not have spoken to Bruce Rioch or Big Sam in the same manner. Or maybe he's so much of a c*nt he would. They would have found a way to cope with his absence though. Having said that I think we did cope by getting exactly the same results without him as for him.

As for the Twatterati who suddenly like Madine because he's a stick to beat Lennon with they can stick their mobile phones up their ignorant bottoms.