Ipswich Town @ The Macron - Tues 8 March 20:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ipswich Town @ The Macron - Tues 8 March 20:00

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:26 pm

The only pleasing thing about all this is that a few weeks ago I batted away Dobbie-hating opposition on here to predict that the Dobster would be good for a few late minute equalisers or winners between now and the end of the season.

:fingers:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Mad Mick will be really quite, er, mad.
2 places in the table surrendered.
To Stephen fecking Dobbie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't want to be in their dressing room. It sounded like we fully deserved a win. Deryk and Holding look to be working well and poor finishing our only real reason for not winning. Credit for fighting to the end. Love to see the faces of those that left. They'll never believe it.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Sorry to intrude but Ipswich fan here of many years. Followed tonights action and really, despite how I feel personally, a point was probably as much as we deserved and would have been very unfair on yourselves if we had taken the win.

How did you get back into it ? Many on our forums still can't understand and to concede in the sixth minute of added time - needless to say a great many on our boards are you could say "less than pleased" :evil:

Decided to register as had some good games with Bolton over the years (play-offs 1999, 2000) and seriously, hope you can stay up at the end of season and fight off relegation.

One point from todays game may not be the difference by May or ensure a survival, but you deserved at least a point from this game such was the possession and chances created. Yes I'm frustrated and annoyed by giving it away so late but to be honest we're a strictly average team and have got away with a number of results this season we haven't always deserved.

Came so close to another tonight, but this time the right prevailed and we didn't get it all our own way. (You can have McCarthy as your manager if you like..) :whack:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 pm

I'd swap lennon for whatever it was that scared mad mick on everyones favourite gif. Seriously!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 pm

OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:Sorry to intrude but Ipswich fan here of many years. Followed tonights action and really, despite how I feel personally, a point was probably as much as we deserved and would have been very unfair on yourselves if we had taken the win.

How did you get back into it ? Many on our forums still can't understand and to concede in the sixth minute of added time - needless to say a great many on our boards are you could say "less than pleased" :evil:

Decided to register as had some good games with Bolton over the years (play-offs 1999, 2000) and seriously, hope you can stay up at the end of season and fight off relegation.

One point from todays game may not be the difference by May or ensure a survival, but you deserved at least a point from this game such was the possession and chances created. Yes I'm frustrated and annoyed by giving it away so late but to be honest we're a strictly average team and have got away with a number of results this season we haven't always deserved.

Came so close to another tonight, but this time the right prevailed and we didn't get it all our own way. (You can have McCarthy as your manager if you like..) :whack:
It's funny isn't it, because we've looked pretty good on occasions and come away with absolutely nothing. Fine margins either way, but clearly you've got a manager who knows how to get the wins from an average squad while we've got a manager who hasn't got a clue with what is still a very decent squad.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 pm

These are the B.N. player ratings for tonight. Some seem pretty low. Anybody who went care to comment on them?

WANDERERS (4-1-3-2)
PAUL RACHUBKA 5
LAWRIE WILSON 7
DERIK OSEDE 7
ROB HOLDING 7
DEAN MOXEY 6
JAY SPEARING 6
MARK DAVIES 5
LIAM TROTTER 5
DARREN PRATLEY 5
LIAM FEENEY 7
ZACH CLOUGH 5................Silva? Madine? Dobbie?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:24 pm

None of us wrnt, we all just moaned on here. Except BWFCI but you all never believe him anyway!

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 am

In other seasons we would have said it was one of those games where we dominated, nearly lost and would have been pleased with a last minute equaliser. This campaign we aren't as objective. Their first was an absolute worldy. He shouldn't even shoot from there, it's a 1 in 50 shot. Our keeper slipped in the lead up to their second, if he kept his footing I think he would have grasped the ball. Apart from their goals they barely had any chances. We dominated throughout.

We actually played quite well for most of the game. Easily one of our better performances in recent times. Mavies looked great in the no10 role. If we are to persist with this diamond, then we have to play him there. He doesn't shirk on his defensive duties either. Wilson was effective at RB, he must have said something to Lennon at some stage in the season for him to be frozen out. Silva'a cameo was something, I was convinced he was going to get two bookings for diving on two occasions in the space of 6 minutes! Penalty looked soft to me. I like Feeney's workrate but Jesus I wish he would release the ball quicker.

It's just disappointing because at this stage it's all irrelevant.

And anyone know what happened to Woolery?
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 am

officer_dibble wrote:I'd swap lennon for whatever it was that scared mad mick on everyones favourite gif. Seriously!
id swap lennon for mad micks underpants after he's shat himself

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:39 am

Dr.Karl wrote:In other seasons we would have said it was one of those games where we dominated, nearly lost and would have been pleased with a last minute equaliser. This campaign we aren't as objective. Their first was an absolute worldy. He shouldn't even shoot from there, it's a 1 in 50 shot. Our keeper slipped in the lead up to their second, if he kept his footing I think he would have grasped the ball. Apart from their goals they barely had any chances. We dominated throughout.

We actually played quite well for most of the game. Easily one of our better performances in recent times. Mavies looked great in the no10 role. If we are to persist with this diamond, then we have to play him there. He doesn't shirk on his defensive duties either. Wilson was effective at RB, he must have said something to Lennon at some stage in the season for him to be frozen out. Silva'a cameo was something, I was convinced he was going to get two bookings for diving on two occasions in the space of 6 minutes! Penalty looked soft to me. I like Feeney's workrate but Jesus I wish he would release the ball quicker.

It's just disappointing because at this stage it's all irrelevant.

And anyone know what happened to Woolery?
Lennon said he was poorly but in his day, players wanted to play on a match day.

Not a direct quote, but he seemed to be hinting on the interview i read, that he wasn't THAT ill.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 am

Wilsons celebration tells a story too.

As I said before the game, I hope lennon goes before the few players I'd like to keep fck off. Wanker.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

From the BN:

Lennon revealed that Josh Vela had been dropped from the squad completely after “going off the boil” and that Kaiyne Woolery pulled out of the starting 11 after feeling unwell.

“Woolery was going to start but we was sick pre-match,” he told The Bolton News. “He needed a fitness test and then felt he wasn’t well enough to take part so we made a change.
Share article

“I have never been at a club where players pull out on the day of the game so much in my life. I always thought you wanted to play.

“If he’s sick, he’s sick. It’s just another situation where you have to change the team, with 55 minutes to go before kick-off.”

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

officer_dibble wrote:Wilsons celebration tells a story too.

As I said before the game, I hope lennon goes before the few players I'd like to keep fck off. Wanker.
What did Wilson do?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:53 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:From the BN:

Lennon revealed that Josh Vela had been dropped from the squad completely after “going off the boil” and that Kaiyne Woolery pulled out of the starting 11 after feeling unwell.

“Woolery was going to start but we was sick pre-match,” he told The Bolton News. “He needed a fitness test and then felt he wasn’t well enough to take part so we made a change.
Share article

“I have never been at a club where players pull out on the day of the game so much in my life. I always thought you wanted to play.

“If he’s sick, he’s sick. It’s just another situation where you have to change the team, with 55 minutes to go before kick-off.”
2 days ago Woolery wasn't old enough etc to start, so Lennon should just stop talking shit. I've had more enough of him than I had Megson and Freedman put together. I wish he'd just go so we can get to the end of this season and hopefully keep hold of these youngsters he constantly maligns.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 am

He's basically calling Woolery a soft lad and questioning his commitment. And he's doing it publicly. Shocking man management. The sooner he's gone the better. Didn't question his mate Emile on Saturday did he?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:56 am

I'm getting irritated just reading Lennon's quotes. They're all in football pundit present past tense
he wrote: “They never look like scoring, they get a set play and we don’t defend it properly and we’re 2-0 down in a game that we have totally dominated.”
whereas
what he should have wrote: "They never looked like scoring, they got a set play and we didn't defend it properly and then we were 2-0 down in a game we had totally dominated"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

what he should have wrote: (His resignation letter, months ago)
(I'm also enjoying the irony of "what he should have wrote" in a complaint about tenses)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
(I'm also enjoying the irony of "what he should have wrote" in a complaint about tenses)
Yeh, there wasn't a lot I could do about that... :D (although I suppose I could have been creative and used "what he should have written, rather than wrote". Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:30 am

TANGODANCER wrote:These are the B.N. player ratings for tonight. Some seem pretty low. Anybody who went care to comment on them?

WANDERERS (4-1-3-2)
PAUL RACHUBKA 5
LAWRIE WILSON 7
DERIK OSEDE 7
ROB HOLDING 7
DEAN MOXEY 6
JAY SPEARING 6
MARK DAVIES 5
LIAM TROTTER 5
DARREN PRATLEY 5
LIAM FEENEY 7
ZACH CLOUGH 5................Silva? Madine? Dobbie?
Bizarre how a defence that's let 2 goals in (again), can score more highly than the midfield/attack (I know one was scored by Wilson and the other a penalty) - but isn't letting two goals in generally counted as pi$$ poor?