Ipswich Town @ The Macron - Tues 8 March 20:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Ipswich Town @ The Macron - Tues 8 March 20:00

Post by palexjones » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 am

The comment from Lennon about woolery starting was tosh, he was on the bench in the printed team sheets in the stadium and on the bbc macth thread!
There was a rumour around the stadium that woolery was seen going back to his car 20 mins before kick off
looks to me like he had a moan about not starting and was sent home, or replaced and went home but that's speculation.
But one also wonders about Vela perhaps he had a moan for being subbed off last match.

but whatever Lennon is a unprofessional clueless plik and needs to be put on gardening leave pronto
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:41 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm getting irritated just reading Lennon's quotes. They're all in football pundit present past tense
he wrote: “They never look like scoring, they get a set play and we don’t defend it properly and we’re 2-0 down in a game that we have totally dominated.”
whereas
what he should have wrote: "They never looked like scoring, they got a set play and we didn't defend it properly and then we were 2-0 down in a game we had totally dominated"
Perfectly legit. It's the vivid present. Used, for example, by Virgil in large parts of the Aeneid.

Another similarity between Virgil and Lennon, to go with being a tour guide through hell.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am

Lennon was also asked about Wellington's contribution but declined to say anything about Silva and praised Dobbie instead.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:Another similarity between Virgil and Lennon, to go with being a tour guide through hell.
Hat-tip for that. And they say there's no cultcha on football forums.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm getting irritated just reading Lennon's quotes. They're all in football pundit present past tense
he wrote: “They never look like scoring, they get a set play and we don’t defend it properly and we’re 2-0 down in a game that we have totally dominated.”
whereas
what he should have wrote: "They never looked like scoring, they got a set play and we didn't defend it properly and then we were 2-0 down in a game we had totally dominated"
Perfectly legit. It's the vivid present. Used, for example, by Virgil in large parts of the Aeneid.

Another similarity between Virgil and Lennon, to go with being a tour guide through hell.
It might be legit. It still gets on my tits. I've never read Virgil in the original, only in translation. If he speaks native football pundit it's no wonder he's unfavourably compared to Homer!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:He's basically calling Woolery a soft lad and questioning his commitment. And he's doing it publicly. Shocking man management. The sooner he's gone the better. Didn't question his mate Emile on Saturday did he?
Absolutely. He needs to be put on gardening leave before he alienates so many of them we'll have none of the promising talent left that we'll need next season. Can't believe we didn't get shot when he was putting it about in Fanny's
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Another similarity between Virgil and Lennon, to go with being a tour guide through hell.
Hat-tip for that. And they say there's no cultcha on football forums.
And just you two wait one goddam minute here... Are we not mixing up Dante and Virgil? Wasn't the Aenied was about the foundation of Rome, not a tour guide through hell?
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
whereas

It might be legit. It still gets on my tits. I've never read Virgil in the original, only in translation. If he speaks native football pundit it's no wonder he's unfavourably compared to Homer!
I bl**dy had to. Can we move onto some other subject please? :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
whereas

I bl**dy had to. Can we move onto some other subject please? :-)
No.
See two posts above ^^
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Low Lights.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 pm

I've watched that at least eight times now and I still can't believe that second goal, what a shit goal to concede. Nor can I work out what Wilson is saying as he jabs his finger benchwards.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:04 pm

On the other hand nobody could have stopped that first goal, and what a finely driven ball that Dobbie penalty was.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:On the other hand nobody could have stopped that first goal, and what a finely driven ball that Dobbie penalty was.
Quite so to both, but it was really Wilson's thunderbolt that lifted us.Crackerjack of a shot. If only......
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Silva's a tricky little fella, but if he had ben playing for them I'd be calling him Tom Daley.. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've watched that at least eight times now and I still can't believe that second goal, what a shit goal to concede. Nor can I work out what Wilson is saying as he jabs his finger benchwards.
"Shove Josh Vela at RB up your arse, ya ginger Fannies c*nt!"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've watched that at least eight times now and I still can't believe that second goal, what a shit goal to concede. Nor can I work out what Wilson is saying as he jabs his finger benchwards.
"Shove Josh Vela at RB up your arse, ya ginger Fannies c*nt!"
That's a mouthful. I reckon he went with...
Wilson shouted rather than wrote:ya clueless ginger c*nt!

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Woolery must be pissed off. Plays. Scores. Can run faster than Heskey and Madine combined. Then finds out he's on the bench again. He must have kicked off. Another well handled man management situation.....
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 pm

palexjones wrote:The comment from Lennon about woolery starting was tosh, he was on the bench in the printed team sheets in the stadium and on the bbc macth thread!
There was a rumour around the stadium that woolery was seen going back to his car 20 mins before kick off
looks to me like he had a moan about not starting and was sent home, or replaced and went home but that's speculation.
But one also wonders about Vela perhaps he had a moan for being subbed off last match.

but whatever Lennon is a unprofessional clueless plik and needs to be put on gardening leave pronto
To be fair to Lennon (I won't make a habit of it) I understood that he wanted to start him but benched him because he said he was ill, then he said he was too ill even for the bench so he was replaced.

I still agree with the last bit of your post of course.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:54 pm

on the last bit of his post palexjones wrote:...Lennon is a unprofessional clueless plik and needs to be put on gardening leave pronto
in summary LeverEnd wrote:I still agree with the last bit of your post of course.
I want to know what plik is derived from.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:19 pm

think flied lice
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)