Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/03/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/0

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:12 pm

We wont win again this season...more loans out monday please, fck all point paying this lot any more

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Sickening, but not surprising. Nothing to play for, so it looks as though they've given up. Elsewhere, I predicted we'd get six more points this season. At the moment, that seems to be a generous overestimate.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I can't change your mind for you, if you have an opinion that's fine with me, I just see no evidence for that opinion (in my opinion).
The evidence (before today) included the fact that three teams had a worse ratio of goals conceded per game, while no fewer than seven teams had a worse ratio of goals scored per game. We also have (I would, er, wager) more players who have played at a higher level. I insist that this squad is underachieving.

However, many such deliberations are nebulous. Whether the team is shit, the manager/s is/are shit or a combination of both, the unarguable end product is that we're playing shit. Have a good evening.
Hard to argue there's many worse squads after that little outing.. I can't see past the number of chances we seemed to create under Lennon of late..
We seem to have enough opportunities to have won games we just didn't have a cutting edge. If you can't change your strike force and what you have can't convert the positions you create.. not sure changing the manager is first priority.. Or had he banned shooting practice and ordered a knock off skip of left only boots for the forward line.. ?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:21 pm

I did,nt bother looking on here after we were 3-0 down!! But 6-0 FFFFFFFFFS!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:40 pm

The difference in the sides was painful to behold. They packed their box and snuffed us out when we tried anything that could be called an attack, and ran rings round us up front. There must be something about the name Reid that I really dislike (and that includes Susanna), I'm getting Steven from somewhere, and now this mini-octopus that got away with murder handballing our players all game..Here's an idea Jim, try the fifties method: Two full backs, three half backs and five forwards. Full backs and centre half stay where they are and defend, bollox to relying on offsides, wingers and front man hover just inside our half till we break forward, inside forwards do the box to box roles and have a dab at scoring occasionaly. Have we really much to lose?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:43 pm

this team is a beaten, broke, relegated team... there will be no new start until the board is swept and we begin again in a lower division...

(that is, unless we bin most of them off into the rezzies and basically play a new team of youngsters - keeping Holding as captain...)

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Not surprising at all, sadly. We should have been looking at bringing a few players in but instead, we give Feeney away and make it clear Spearing is done, so it's bound to have an affect on the team. I can't blame them for being demoralised, they have every right to be because for all the upbeat praise of the squad, that hasn't been backed by the backroom staff who clearly don't have faith.

We could have stayed up this season had things been done better. Had we completed the takeover quicker, replaced Lennon and brought in some new signings a month or two ago, we could have stayed up. We won't, and the management can take the blame for that, as they can for todays result.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Respect to anyone's opinion, but if you don't believe this team lacks the quality (by some margin) to stay up now - and that today is the fault of yet another apparently inept manager - I honestly don't know what it would take to convince you.

12 points adrift. Four wins all season (half as many as the next worst team). None away from home. Even when we've played 'well' we consistently conspire to not win games.

When was the last time any of these players had a really good season at this level or higher - as one of the better players in a half decent team? Pratley for Swansea, five years ago?

I feel for Jimmy. This stretch of games might kill his managerial career before it ever gets a fair chance. Hopefully it doesn't do the same to the likes of Walker and Woolery.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:01 pm

norm the jedi wrote:I can't see past the number of chances we seemed to create under Lennon of late..
We seem to have enough opportunities to have won games we just didn't have a cutting edge.
Another reason I think there's probably worse teams than us: if you're truly shite you don't create chances. We're 12th in the shots-per-game table - 12th! – and there's also 9 teams have faced more shots than us. So it's not like we've been getting outclassed every week, but as I've said before, we've been far more efficient at conceding than we have at scoring. Certainly bloody efficient at conceding today!

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:We'll relegate Fulham on the last day, with our first away win of the season. Possibly!
Start if a three month unbeaten run then!

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:04 pm

Jack Drearydon on Radio M*** managed his "B's" again...beaten, battered, bewildered etc etc. Isn't it time he started on the "C's"?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Jesus wept. Clough, Woolery and Holding are the only ones I care about keeping. Rest can get tae feck.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:Jack Drearydon on Radio M*** managed his "B's" again...beaten, battered, bewildered etc etc. Isn't it time he started on the "C's"?
Like what a complete convergence of contemptible cnuts?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:11 pm

DJBlu wrote:Anyone seen the film Money Pit?
Dean Holdsworth has just peeled back the wallpaper.

-------

Jimmy Phillips has got it wrong today with that back four, I know it's his first game but Derik and Holding had been beginning to create a decent partnership.

This result is probably on a par if not worse than the 5-0 at Wembley.
Yeah, that was a big mistake. As was playing a CM on the wing.

I'd even argue he should start giving a kid a go in the nets because this Rachubka is a 34-year-old shit head.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 pm

thebish wrote:this team is a beaten, broke, relegated team... there will be no new start until the board is swept and we begin again in a lower division...

(that is, unless we bin most of them off into the rezzies and basically play a new team of youngsters - keeping Holding as captain...)
I take it your daughter's getting an all-expenses-paid top night out tonight? Helped you dodge a bullet there. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:Jack Drearydon on Radio M*** managed his "B's" again...beaten, battered, bewildered etc etc. Isn't it time he started on the "C's"?
Like what a complete convergence of contemptible cnuts?
Just that last adjective's enough on it's own!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Jugs wrote:I'd even argue he should start giving a kid a go in the nets because this Rachubka is a 34-year-old shit head.
Not many goalkeepers could argue with being dropped after conceding six. Especially not from eight accurate attempts. But is Harry Campbell, at 20 years old, ready?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Jugs wrote:I'd even argue he should start giving a kid a go in the nets because this Rachubka is a 34-year-old shit head.
Not many goalkeepers could argue with being dropped after conceding six. Especially not from eight accurate attempts. But is Harry Campbell, at 20 years old, ready?
He's going to have to be. We may as well bed him in now and see what he can do because we might need him next season. Whereas Rachubka can do one. How can you get to 34 and be that bad? Surely someone should have told him to retire a decade ago? Where's he even come from? :P

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:22 pm

It's literally only a few weeks since folk on here were calling for Amos to be dropped and that Rachubka should be given a go. Something about how we had nowt to lose and that he couldn't be any worse.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Jugs wrote:
He's going to have to be. We may as well bed him in now and see what he can do because we might need him next season. Whereas Rachubka can do one. How can you get to 34 and be that bad? Surely someone should have told him to retire a decade ago? Where's he even come from? :P
California! And since then he's been pretty much everywhere in the world. Maybe we're finding out why he doesn't hang around long anywhere! :twisted: