Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:51 am

thebish wrote:has townsend been introduced to the mix simply so there is an odd number of people to agree/disagree - thus always producing a clear result either way?
I have done a fair bit of recruitment. Never have I brought in a "family friend" to help decide if there has been a disagreement. If that is the case, it is exceptionally odd.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:has townsend been introduced to the mix simply so there is an odd number of people to agree/disagree - thus always producing a clear result either way?
I have done a fair bit of recruitment. Never have I brought in a "family friend" to help decide if there has been a disagreement. If that is the case, it is exceptionally odd.
I should perhaps add I wasn't being entirely serious! 8)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:53 am

What with Andy 'fencesitter' Towsend. What could possibly go wrong? :conf: :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:55 am

We could have a 4 man committee with David Holdsworth in there, just to even the numbers. One relative/family friend each.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles chips in too...
Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles · 6m6 minutes ago

Can't help but feel the fact #bwfc in an embargo would scupper chances of attracting a manager currently in a job. Would apply to Brown too.
Frying pan. Fire

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Can't help but feel the fact #bwfc in an embargo would scupper chances of attracting a manager currently in a job. Would apply to Brown too.

surely "manager currently in a job" already applies to Brown?? :conf:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Frying pan. Fire
Anderson has already come out & said that the transfer embargo will be lifted before the window opens again.

Also, I still prefer Phil Brown but I would have no issue at all with Sheridan if the latest rumours are true

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Frying pan. Fire
Anderson has already come out & said that the transfer embargo will be lifted before the window opens again.

Also, I still prefer Phil Brown but I would have no issue at all with Sheridan if the latest rumours are true
In the same interview he said we'd have the board announced by the end of the week (that was 2 weeks ago by the way) and a manager in place by the end of last week.

It is very scant evidence but so far his timescales aren't exactly playing out are they?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:We could have a 4 man committee with David Holdsworth in there, just to even the numbers. One relative/family friend each.
Surely Lindsay Dawn Mackenzie would be a better option for Deano? :mrgreen:

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Frying pan. Fire

In the same interview he said we'd have the board announced by the end of the week (that was 2 weeks ago by the way) and a manager in place by the end of last week.

It is very scant evidence but so far his timescales aren't exactly playing out are they?
To be fair to KA, he did say last week that they may not be able to name the directors so soon after all as they have to a slightly serve longer notice periods in their current job than originally thought (can't remember where I read that).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:52 pm

wigan white wrote: To be fair to KA, he did say last week that they may not be able to name the directors so soon after all as they have to a slightly serve longer notice periods in their current job than originally thought (can't remember where I read that).

...which all sounds comfortingly non-alarming, un-conspiratorial and entirely fair enough - and it sounds like good communication to boot! huzzah! :D

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Frying pan. Fire

Why the rush though - there is absolutely nothing to gain by announcing anything immediately, they may as well wait until the season ends in two weeks before announcing anything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Indeed! I don't see any advantage at all in rushing - or creating any kind of deadline/mild-peril scenario... why not just wait for the end of the season and see who's available?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

wigan white wrote:
To be fair to KA, he did say last week that they may not be able to name the directors so soon after all as they have to a slightly serve longer notice periods in their current job than originally thought (can't remember where I read that).
It was Iles who said that. Not KA. That was what Iles was told as to why there was a delay. But then Iles also subsequently reported they wanted Birch on the board but it wasn't agreed....so whilst it may be that the reason is genuine (though surely you know notice periods already), to me it sounds like there may still be stuff in the background going on that isn't actually sorted.

It isn't about conspiracies either, Iles has repeatedly said that lifting the transfer ban was difficult and highly complex. The owners inherited a mess and effectively under special measures and monitoring from the football league. They can within their own code keep us under a transfer ban for a period of time till they are satisfied that the new owners can support the club and it is being run in a financially prudent way. Even if we submit the accounts (the initial reason for the embargo) and everything is fine the league can still maintain a full ban, or some sort of other arrangement if they feel it is needed. They may and could reduce it to a partial ban, where the league have to approve any incomings. Given the league clearly had concerns about the takeover I suspect this isn't an open and shut case.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 pm

We literally do not know how to stop coming up with yet more ways to piss money.

What's Mark Curtis up to these days anyhow? And who does Townsend play golf with? That's probably where the list starts and ends.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:We literally do not know how to stop coming up with yet more ways to piss money.

What's Mark Curtis up to these days anyhow? And who does Townsend play golf with? That's probably where the list starts and ends.
Well the club say of Townsend that he is at the club but is a family friend of Anderson and not acting in a "paid/working capacity". Whatever that means.....

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:We literally do not know how to stop coming up with yet more ways to piss money.

Well the club say of Townsend that he is at the club but is a family friend of Anderson and not acting in a "paid/working capacity". Whatever that means.....
He's only there to dish out re-assuring hugs when they're needed :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:06 pm

wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He's only there to dish out re-assuring hugs when they're needed :wink:
And gang up on Deano.

He should bring Vinnie and Fash the Bash in as unpaid consultants. Scrap on the car park, winners pick manager.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 12h12 hours ago
Bolton. John Sheridan a very live target. Usual compo issues to sort.
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:18 pm

I'd be happy enough with either Sheridan or Brown but I think I'd prefer Sheridan. If he wants his teams to play like he did we could be in for a treat
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"