For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
"On the right, on the right, Lewis Buxton. On the right he will go past you. On the right, on the right Lewis Buxton. Lewis Buxton is the white Cafu"

Very good player. We let him go due to his injury record. He'd still be with us had he been able to stay fit.
My Wednesday supporting friend in response to my query.
I'm guessing the tune is Give Me Oil In My Lamp, aka No Surrender...
Yes! Thank you. Was trying to work it out.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:02 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Don't understand then how the official site can claim they have signed then? Plus do we honestly believe that Parkinson would have stayed around if we went into the first game of the season with only what I presume can be no more than the kids and a handful of professionals? Scary monger ink?

I hope this is rubbish
I want some of that scary monger ink! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Don't really believe the story myself. I mean why would one player (who didn't sign first) be registered over others?

Also I wouldn't have thought Anderson was the type who'd be happy to pay for inelligible players. I find LoV hear a whisper then blow it up and I think clearly sometimes do so for clicks.

Additionally the line about Wheater seems incorrect to me. As far as I knew last, clubs don't hold the registrations of players once the contract is expired.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

They probably do for a short period until he's reregistered elsewhere.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Don't really believe the story myself. I mean why would one player (who didn't sign first) be registered over others?

Also I wouldn't have thought Anderson was the type who'd be happy to pay for inelligible players. I find LoV hear a whisper then blow it up and I think clearly sometimes do so for clicks.

Additionally the line about Wheater seems incorrect to me. As far as I knew last, clubs don't hold the registrations of players once the contract is expired.
Surely we'd have been able to re-register Ameobi if being the last club to hold his registration was the clincher in all this. They'll be talking bollocks as they mostly do.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:They probably do for a short period until he's reregistered elsewhere.
Pretty sure registrations transferred to FA/FL.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:They probably do for a short period until he's reregistered elsewhere.
Pretty sure registrations transferred to FA/FL.
Quite possibly. I'm just guessing based on what happens in athletics!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Don't really believe the story myself. I mean why would one player (who didn't sign first) be registered over others?

And then you blow it up a little bit more! :roll:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:19 pm

It's not like that Lion of Vienna disgrace to go :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: for your click click clicks :roll:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Newell joins Fylde for the season!!
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 28334.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lion of vienna (hmmm) claim we only have managed to register Beevers of our new signings to play tomorrow...

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... -squabbles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so, a total and utterly disgraceful shambles. Hopefully LoV are making this up.
That lot that told us that we got relegated on purpose? Reet oh!
Yes - that LOV site is a bag of shite, run by utter know nothing anorak wearing ball bags, why doesn't every BWFC fan never again click on their pathetic attention seeking site and perhaps then they will just crawl back to where they came from.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Just had a reply via Tw4tter from Mike Glendinning at the BEN, who's standing in for Marc Iles:

"PP said FL are guiding him and club as to what they can and cant do re transfers so hoping that means they'll be eligible"

That's not a confirmation or a denial, but I can't imagine the BEN would have failed to sniff out a story so big if it was true.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Just had a reply via Tw4tter from Mike Glendinning at the BEN, who's standing in for Marc Iles:

"PP said FL are guiding him and club as to what they can and cant do re transfers so hoping that means they'll be eligible"

That's not a confirmation or a denial, but I can't imagine the BEN would have failed to sniff out a story so big if it was true.
People moan about Iles but Christ the coverage has been shite this week while he's been away.

Signing came out of the blue. That Glendinning chap seems completely clueless. I mean I'm sure Iles would have directly asked about players availability today. Glendinning probably just asked a mate to bob up and see what was happening.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:58 pm

We'll find out soon enough.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't understand, or care too much about the intricacies of our financial situation but if we've signed Taylor, played him in pre season, why would the league now object to him playing in a competitive game? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Just had an e mail from the club which names all the new boys and states that they're looking forward to winning over the fans tomorrow. Either it's disingenuous BS and the club have scored a massive PR fail or the LoV article is shoite. Instinct tells me there's no problem, but who knows.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

LOV stories are always with a Deano slant of things to me. They got the news that he was interested in buying, they got him on the Podcast when he took over, and they started to get stories about nasty Ken when things appeared to go wrong between him and Deano.

I actually think Deano probably gives them stuff himself and thinks it as a way to get his side of things out to the fans. Naturally everyone takes it with a massive pinch of salt given the nature of the site and its writers.

I'd be gobsmacked and extremely concerned if none of the other new signings appear at least on the bench tomorrow.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19 pm

3. Debutants
Opening day also presents Wanderers’ six summer signings with their first chance to make their competitive Whites debuts since signing for the club. And while David Wheater might already be well at home in his ‘new’ surroundings, Mark Beevers, Lewis Buxton, Mark Howard, Jamie Proctor and Chris Taylor will all be eager to make a positive first impression in front of the Bolton faithful.
Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 6M5k27w.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:42 am

I see that Marc Iles has done his job and contacted the club who say all players are eligible to play.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:49 am

Riviman wrote:Newell joins Fylde for the season!!
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 28334.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They got promoted to Division Six (North) two years ago and have finished second and third, losing both times in the playoffs. Managed by Dave Challinor, he of the long throw for Tranmere. Quoth Parky:
We felt it was important for George to get some men’s football. He’s done better and better as pre-season has gone on and I wanted him to go somewhere and play competitive football.

He’s going to be training with us at the start of the week and be working on his strength and conditioning. I think naturally George is going to get stronger but we will work with him on that.

Fylde are a club with great facilities and hopefully he will do well at that level. For strikers, if you are going to have a lot of possession in the final third, hopefully you’re going to get chances and we look forward to monitoring him closely.