For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:All 6ft and above. Parky is no mug. :wink:
Yes I think PP knows what's required....as do KA & DH (but then again I've said that for a while !)

All we need now is a hard as nails, tough tackling, run through a brick wall type 6ft plus central midfielder and we are sorted, and if we can afford it a new keeper unless Amos has had his short sightedness corrected in the summer
Aye. Though I think we are fairly light in other areas. Defence is very bare with no full back cover or probably centre half cover. And up front will be light when Clough is sold, which seems likely.
I doubt that we'll sell Clough unless someone comes in with £3M+, same with Holding - up front we've also got Max Clayton coming back as well who should be available for the start of the season, who if kept fit will be very good at this level - I rate Clayton.
I'd be surprised if we kept both Holding and Clough and wouldn't be surprised if both left. Think Parkinson would probably prefer to sell them both and rebuild. His comments earlier in the week suggested they would certainly consider decent offers.

Shame to lose good young players but at the same time it gives extra room to rebuild the squad in the way Parky wants to.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:10 pm

On Pratley: Any typos will be forgiven, considering it's hard to type with fingers crossed.

On Clough/Holding: funny, I read the same Parky quotes and found them to be surprisingly determined not to sell.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Just in case anyone from QPR stops by, I'd like to point to the unstinting service Darren has given to BWFC. We shouldn't forget "that goal" he scored and that he's been a mainstay for the Club whilst we've had off the field problems that prevented us taking our rightful place back in the Premier League.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Really gutted if we lose Pratley. Absolute quality and a real leader.

Must be Hasselbaink's 'gift to the fans of QPR'.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:BN has it that Pratley could be off to QPR.
Get that fckin car started!

"WANDERERS have given the go-ahead for club captain Darren Pratley to discuss a move to QPR. Ken Anderson gave Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s Championship side the green light to speak with Pratley after they made an official approach at the end of last week."
This 100%....it'll be a good move for Pratley and an even better move for BWFC.
Have we really got the money it will take to give them so they'll take us off our hands ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:42 am

Millwall's Neil Harris on "losing" Taylor and Beevers to us (per South London Press):
Chris surprised me a bit. I thought he would want to go to the Championship. Bolton have a huge budget, so it is no surprise in that sense. It might have been slightly different if we had gone up. We might have had a chance to compete financially. But he lives in the area - it is a club he has grown up watching as a kid. It is hard to compete with all that.
Bolton boss Phil Parkinson was chasing Mark the whole time he was manager at Bradford so that was no surprise. Mark made it very clear last season would be his final one in London - at various times during the season. He was extremely honest about it. He was always going to leave. He might have shown more inclination to stay if we had gone up, but we never got to have that conversation.
Huge budget, eh?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am

Official site has listed the players taken to Sweden. As things stand (given more ins and outs will happen) I guess this is what Parky regards as his first team squad and I'm guessing these are the players we'll be seeing in matchday squads barring the obvious ins and outs...

Goalkeepers
Ben Amos, Will Jaaskelainen

Defenders
Derik Osede, Dean Moxey, Alex Finney, Dorian Dervite, Lawrie Wilson, Mark Beevers, Rob Holding

Midfielders
Filip Twardzik, Jay Spearing, Darren Pratley, Josh Vela, Chris Taylor, Tom Walker, Liam Trotter, Mark Davies

Forwards
Kaiyne Woolery, Max Clayton, Zach Clough, Conor Wilkinson, Gary Madine, Jamie Proctor

Obvious lack of numbers at full back and wide positions. Also I think we need better central midfield players. Probably another keeper too.

But that seems broadly workable given we look like shifting a large wage in Pratley and presumably at some point getting a relatively decent fee for Holding.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:37 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Huge budget, eh?
He's at Millwall. It follows that he'll have moved into their cave with all the other Neanderthal, lowlife, violent types and will know nothing of the News from outside of it. (Insert some grunts).
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:40 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:He's at Millwall. It follows that he'll have moved into their cave with all the other Neanderthal, lowlife, violent types... ... (Insert some grunts).
Is there a story here, Bruce?

:lol:

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 am

Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:He's at Millwall. It follows that he'll have moved into their cave with all the other Neanderthal, lowlife, violent types... ... (Insert some grunts).

Just don't start him off again.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:00 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Just don't start him off again.
:D
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:16 pm

QPR owner denies Pratley story....damn.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:QPR owner denies Pratley story....damn.....
I thought it was too good to be true.

May have something to do with the universally appalled reaction of their fans.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Official site has listed the players taken to Sweden. As things stand (given more ins and outs will happen) I guess this is what Parky regards as his first team squad and I'm guessing these are the players we'll be seeing in matchday squads barring the obvious ins and outs...

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Derik Osede, Dean Moxey, Alex Finney, Dorian Dervite, Lawrie Wilson, Mark Beevers, Rob Holding

Midfielders
Filip Twardzik, Jay Spearing, Darren Pratley, Josh Vela, Chris Taylor, Tom Walker, Liam Trotter, Mark Davies

Forwards
Kaiyne Woolery, Max Clayton, Zach Clough, Conor Wilkinson, Gary Madine, Jamie Proctor

Obvious lack of numbers at full back and wide positions. Also I think we need better central midfield players. Probably another keeper too.

But that seems broadly workable given we look like shifting a large wage in Pratley and presumably at some point getting a relatively decent fee for Holding.
So we've not taken Pisano but we have taken Wilkinson; Neil Bonnar in the BN said the young striker was lined up for Colchester but they've gone off him.

That's a 23-man squad so it's a bit bigger than yer matchday 18; you imagine the less experienced ones (esp strikers) might make way in that winnowing, but obviously I appreciate that squads change and that there's ins and outs to come. (Will Jaaskelainen isn't even 18 till later this month: I'd be surprised if he were the second-choice keeper come August.)

Also worth noting that this churn will be expedited not just because we have a new manager (and owners), but because of the abolition of the emergency loan: eight weeks tomorrow, the summer window shuts and that's that till January, none of this ability to patch up through most of autumn (or to see who top-heavy clubs aren't using). I foresee many moves ahead before 6pm on Sep 1.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Obviously need some pace out wide, could be where the prem loans come in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Official site has listed the players taken to Sweden. As things stand (given more ins and outs will happen) I guess this is what Parky regards as his first team squad and I'm guessing these are the players we'll be seeing in matchday squads barring the obvious ins and outs...

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

So we've not taken Pisano but we have taken Wilkinson; Neil Bonnar in the BN said the young striker was lined up for Colchester but they've gone off him.

That's a 23-man squad so it's a bit bigger than yer matchday 18; you imagine the less experienced ones (esp strikers) might make way in that winnowing, but obviously I appreciate that squads change and that there's ins and outs to come. (Will Jaaskelainen isn't even 18 till later this month: I'd be surprised if he were the second-choice keeper come August.)

Also worth noting that this churn will be expedited not just because we have a new manager (and owners), but because of the abolition of the emergency loan: eight weeks tomorrow, the summer window shuts and that's that till January, none of this ability to patch up through most of autumn (or to see who top-heavy clubs aren't using). I foresee many moves ahead before 6pm on Sep 1.
Agreed. Overall for a league one club we're not in terrible shape. I don't see the squad as is being strong enough to compete for promotion. I hope that with a few ins and outs we'll have something in better shape for a play-off push. I certainly believe Parky knows what is required and it seems like we have found at least limited ability to deliver some of it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 pm

The squad will look very different by the end of the window. Too early to be calling promotion chances I think.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:On Pratley: Any typos will be forgiven, considering it's hard to type with fingers crossed.

On Clough/Holding: funny, I read the same Parky quotes and found them to be surprisingly determined not to sell.
I found the comments to be that they (Clough/Holding) are available if you want them, but you have to come up with a better offer than you currently have on the table to us.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Millwall's Neil Harris on "losing" Taylor and Beevers to us (per South London Press):
Chris surprised me a bit. I thought he would want to go to the Championship. Bolton have a huge budget, so it is no surprise in that sense. It might have been slightly different if we had gone up. We might have had a chance to compete financially. But he lives in the area - it is a club he has grown up watching as a kid. It is hard to compete with all that.
Bolton boss Phil Parkinson was chasing Mark the whole time he was manager at Bradford so that was no surprise. Mark made it very clear last season would be his final one in London - at various times during the season. He was extremely honest about it. He was always going to leave. He might have shown more inclination to stay if we had gone up, but we never got to have that conversation.
Huge budget, eh?
Maybe he meant 'huge budgie'? That's more likely :conf:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Whookam wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Millwall's Neil Harris on "losing" Taylor and Beevers to us (per South London Press):
Bolton have a huge budget
Huge budget, eh?
Maybe he meant 'huge budgie'? That's more likely :conf: