For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Noticed on the Transfermarkt site that nobody has still picked up Junior Hoilett. Surprised Coyle hasn't offered him a trial at Dingles. Worth looking into if he's willing to drop a couple of divisions and wages. Ryan Babbel also on that list:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statisti ... osespieler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nigel Reo Coker and Joey O'Brien on there too
Now ... HE owes us a season !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:See Chris Eagles signed for Accrington Stanley. Always felt we might have chased him up and got him back. We could have done a lot worse, I reckon....
Perhaps, but there must be a reason why it hasn't worked out for him at Blackpool, Charlton and Bury or why he hasn't managed to attract better than Accrington Stanley.
I was curious and looked him up. He had a pretty bad time of things last year...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/footb ... g-a-child/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 am

^^ blimey. That's tough to read.

(& puts a view opinions to bed)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:15 am

Had no idea about that. I wondered what was going on with him. Hope the guy has a blinder of a season at Accrington and life gives him and his wife something back.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:46 am

bobo the clown wrote:^^ blimey. That's tough to read.

(& puts a view opinions to bed)
Not as uncommon as you would image. My wife had four miscarriages but none particularly late into the pregnancy. It is more distressing the further it goes and there would be a good chance of survival if born at 28 weeks. I feel his pain and wish him well.

There is a 10 year gap between my two children for a reason.

I always assumed he was gay (if that was what you were insinuating, Bobo).
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:00 am

^^ it was. Not in a bad way. But the "fact" that he was gay was one of those things everyone knew .... despite it clearly not being. (& yes, I know that lives aren't necessarily that simple but nonetheless).

What was moving wasn't just the sad fact of the miscarriage but the detail of how they reacted. Very moving.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:05 am

Wasn't their an incident with our fans and his family at an away game a few years ago? Watford? Strikes me as a private guy who has come out with the interview to get himself a gig, explain why he's struggled the ladt few years. All the best to him. I was only ever bothered about how he performed for us, and whilst he was hit and miss on the pitch (as a lot were at that time) he always gave his all...easy to criticise flair players for not doing cos they aint flying into challenges all the time.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:22 am

He's STILL only 30 !!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:51 am

I always liked Eagles, and after reading that can understand why he has been drifting a little in his career. I hope they have a brighter future...also would like to think their new baby was born healthy, as I noticed the story was done in March this year

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:See Chris Eagles signed for Accrington Stanley. Always felt we might have chased him up and got him back. We could have done a lot worse, I reckon....
Perhaps, but there must be a reason why it hasn't worked out for him at Blackpool, Charlton and Bury or why he hasn't managed to attract better than Accrington Stanley.
I was curious and looked him up. He had a pretty bad time of things last year...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/footb ... g-a-child/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought that there must be something because it didn't really make sense that his career had gone on such a rapid downward curve. As others have said, it must have been an awful thing to go through. All the best to him and his family.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:11 pm

What a dreadful thing to have to go through. Mrs BP miscarried early on which was horrendous. I can't imagine what he and his gf have had to go through. Good luck to them both in finding some peace and happiness.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Sam Lavelle and Hyuga Tanner, both ex-Rovers, have been signed.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Sam Lavelle and Hyuga Tanner, both ex-Rovers, have been signed.

ooh - apart from being ex-rovers - who-the-feck are they?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 am

Lavelle is a defender, Capt of the Rovers U21 team whilst there. Tanner is a midfielder who supposedly can play anywhere across the 4 and another touted for big things
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:36 am

Fact we are signing kids from elsewhere suggests the ones we've got possibly aren't that strong? Mind we've probably sold most of em.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:05 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Fact we are signing kids from elsewhere suggests the ones we've got possibly aren't that strong? Mind we've probably sold most of em.
Does it? Go on Insaney, shoot em down before we even see em. Attaboy, ever optimistic.... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:12 am

Not sure that follows. Kids cost next to nothing relatively. Durant matter if you have the next Class of '92 already, if a good one is available, you sign them!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:25 am

Prufrock wrote:Not sure that follows. Kids cost next to nothing relatively. Durant matter if you have the next Class of '92 already, if a good one is available, you sign them!
We've just signed two released by Rovers in the summer. They might be decent but hardly suggests we are adding world beaters. To me it suggests Parky and co. dont think there is much strength behind the first team.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:35 am

If they didn't think they were good they wouldn't have signed them. If a good player becomes free for next to nothing, you sign them, regardless of how good you think the others are.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Not sure that follows. Kids cost next to nothing relatively. Durant matter if you have the next Class of '92 already, if a good one is available, you sign them!
We've just signed two released by Rovers in the summer. They might be decent but hardly suggests we are adding world beaters. To me it suggests Parky and co. dont think there is much strength behind the first team.
We're in div.3 being "world beaters" is not the measure we are using! Get real!