Relegation party

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Relegation party

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:definitely would have done but were on holiday that week. my relegation party will be at Brentford!
I'm thinking of coming down for that one. There doesn't have to be just one relegation party!
Aye, rate we're going, we can have one next year too! :evil:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:definitely would have done but were on holiday that week. my relegation party will be at Brentford!
I'm thinking of coming down for that one. There doesn't have to be just one relegation party!
Aye, rate we're going, we can have one next year too! :evil:
:lol:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Should do a large order of these for the game

https://twitter.com/loscampesinos/statu ... 2976001024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:37 pm

Are you all going on one of the dozen free coaches the board are bound to put on in order to thank the fans for putting up with the most miserable season since the last one?

...You mean the board aren't....?? Wonder if they really had some decent dosh they would?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:49 am

Aanvalluh wrote:Are you all going on one of the dozen free coaches the board are bound to put on in order to thank the fans for putting up with the most miserable season since the last one?

...You mean the board aren't....?? Wonder if they really had some decent dosh they would?

It's too early for that yet isn't it?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:26 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:Are you all going on one of the dozen free coaches the board are bound to put on in order to thank the fans for putting up with the most miserable season since the last one?

It's too early for that yet isn't it?
he's a Bury fan IIRC... for him it's never too early to whine about Bolton...

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:45 am

Are we not having a end of season "Home game" one at the Hull Match? I know I've not been on one yet but I'd actually pencilled it in this year. Although going off previous attempts at it (are we in the pub or outside the pub) its a wonder if anybody actually has been on one :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:00 pm

wigan white wrote:Are we not having a end of season "Home game" one at the Hull Match? I know I've not been on one yet but I'd actually pencilled it in this year. Although going off previous attempts at it (are we in the pub or outside the pub) its a wonder if anybody actually has been on one :mrgreen:
To be fair, the list of people who actually got to the right place, including Vertigo, all the way from Australia - is much longer than the list of people who didn't!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:15 pm

It's an early kick-off for Sky, so that's scuppered my plans
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Fulham tickets now on open sale at £25 a pop http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/ ... 81926.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm now unsure as to whether I'm going. Would quite like to (re-)meet the throng but I've also had another offer that afternoon - from ex-Wanderer Wayne Burnett, as it happens, who's hosting a coaching seminar that day about a mile from my house. As readers who are FA-licensed coaches will know, I need to top up my coaching hours every summer, and this would get that done in one go. So: do I pay £25 for the latest innovative defeat, knowing it will also f*ck up part of my summer? Well, maybe if we get a new manager...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm now unsure as to whether I'm going. Would quite like to (re-)meet the throng but I've also had another offer that afternoon - from ex-Wanderer Wayne Burnett, as it happens, who's hosting a coaching seminar that day about a mile from my house. As readers who are FA-licensed coaches will know, I need to top up my coaching hours every summer, and this would get that done in one go. So: do I pay £25 for the latest innovative defeat, knowing it will also f*ck up part of my summer? Well, maybe if we get a new manager...
Not even sure that's a close call with "watching Fulham v Bolton" a near-placed second...mind, I think the games at Fulham have probably been more exciting than the ones at the 'Bok which historically have been nailed on as 0-0 draws. (I'm being a bit biased on this, but there were four games at the 'Bok, between Jan 08 and Aug 10 which were three 0-0's and a 1-3 defeat), I was at all of them and they were without shadow of a doubt, the most boring 0-0's I've ever seen. I left one of them after 60 minutes, safe in the assurance that I was going to miss fcuk all in the 30 that remained (I did have a "do" on that night, so it was a fairly easy decision TBF)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm now unsure as to whether I'm going. Would quite like to (re-)meet the throng but I've also had another offer that afternoon - from ex-Wanderer Wayne Burnett, as it happens, who's hosting a coaching seminar that day about a mile from my house. As readers who are FA-licensed coaches will know, I need to top up my coaching hours every summer, and this would get that done in one go. So: do I pay £25 for the latest innovative defeat, knowing it will also f*ck up part of my summer? Well, maybe if we get a new manager...
Not even sure that's a close call with "watching Fulham v Bolton" a near-placed second...mind, I think the games at Fulham have probably been more exciting than the ones at the 'Bok which historically have been nailed on as 0-0 draws. (I'm being a bit biased on this, but there were four games at the 'Bok, between Jan 08 and Aug 10 which were three 0-0's and a 1-3 defeat), I was at all of them and they were without shadow of a doubt, the most boring 0-0's I've ever seen. I left one of them after 60 minutes, safe in the assurance that I was going to miss fcuk all in the 30 that remained (I did have a "do" on that night, so it was a fairly easy decision TBF)
The results are here. Our last few league visits, most recent first:
L 0-4
L 0-2
L 0-3
D 1-1
L 1-2
L 1-2
D 1-1
L 1-2
L 0-2
L 1-2
L 1-4
L 0-3
D 1-1
D 1-1
W 4-1 - on Sat 21 Nov 1992, which continued our renaissance under Rioch by taking us to the giddy heights of 14th. We'd been as low as 18th after a home defeat to Hartlepool prompted Rioch's terrifying "I hate hearing visiting players coming off this pitch and celebrating, absolutely hate it." The week after that Hartlepool defeat we were 2-0 down at Chester but John McGinlay scored his first goal for us, we went on to draw and our league form went DWDWDW*WWWWW. The win at Fulham, marked with an asterisk, was followed by beating Burnley 4-0 and Bradford 5-0, and by the time we lost again (at West Brom on 9 Jan) we'd moved up into the play-off places and drawn at home to Liverpool in the Cup... the fun was underway.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:24 pm

I can guarantee, we're not going on a run of 6 wins this season, on the basis of the Fulham result. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 pm

A propos of nothing much, except that it ame up during the course of work, here's q great quote from an Argentinian fan: "We played badly, but we are in love with the institution, not the players; they come and go. Being a fan is a symbol of identity, but it is also something transcendent."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 02, 2016 9:27 am

Just so as you know, I'm now not going to Fulham. I'll be playing cricket instead. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just so as you know, I'm now not going to Fulham. I'll be playing cricket instead. :)
At your age? :D
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 03, 2016 8:01 am

It'll be that ' Walking cricket' :-)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 03, 2016 9:05 am

malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just so as you know, I'm now not going to Fulham. I'll be playing cricket instead. :)
Another midlife crisis box ticked. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Another midlife crisis box ticked. :D
Well done. I would be too afraid to do something serious to my knees or back. This old age thing is a bugger.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.