"Who's laughing now eh?" - Middlesbrough (H) 16/04/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Re: " Competition time" - Middlesbrough (H) 16/04/16

Post by Norpig » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Heskey - Feck off over the hill
Pratley - THE worst captain in Boltons history Feck Off
Moxey - Feck off he is not interested and looks to already be on holiday!

After each Boro goal Pratley just stood there hands on hips head down, no geeing up of the team no direction absolute tosser. He has been like that all season I would rather not have a captain.

I am glad I am not going to see anymore this season I am so annoyed at the players apathy at the moment roll on next season!!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: "Who's laughing now eh?" - Middlesbrough (H) 16/04/16

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:17 pm

I was going to go with "Barbara", which I thought captured the mood nicely, but LeverEnd's accidental late effort just crept inside the post.

No pun intended.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Theres still an hour left to play, lets not lose heart.

Good half-time team will make all the difference.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Someone somewhere mentioned Bolton loanee Alex Baptiste...is he still ours? He can't be any fcuking worse that our current defenders.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Some thoughts:

1. This wasn't a disastrous result and was far better than I expected.
2. Mavies and Pratley were clearly putting themselves in the shop window, in Pratley's case, the window dressing was sh1te.
3. I like the idea of playing Deryck in the Campo role
4. Woolery has the potential to murder L1 defences with his pace, if we play him through the middle.
5. Maher did OK
6. All is not lost, I see some reason for hope for next season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:45 pm

I think that academy lads did alright. Opinions and arseholes, and all that...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 pm

I actually feel sorry for whoever is our next manager - who on earth could get this shower of shite playing as a team, even though they tried today we honestly look like a team at a charity match who have only just met on the day of match, they don't know each other and just play their own game....there is no shape to the team

We need at least 8 or 9 new players next season IMO. Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level, and Holding who has potential needs someone experienced at the side of him to talk him through games, Derik who I like isn't a Campo type holding midfielder he's a young inexperienced centre half.

We need a fecking magician not a manager....

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Clueless once again in the last third. Better performance than usual against what I thought was a poor Boro side.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Not posted for a few weeks due to a lot of 'other' stuff needing my attention......However; I thought a very spirited performance today from a side who as we know are doomed, spineless, overpaid, don't give a toss etc..............I thought that today Derick played very well. Also I thought the rest of the team played well, all were committed, showed passion, and certainly a 'spine'. Without Heskey we would not have scored. A terrific 'hold and lay off' for young Vela. (Who I thought was struggling a little until his goal). We kept shape much more than previous games and we were always a threat when attacking. It shows what some organisation and discipline can bring. 'Boro have a great squad with a lot of depth, and I really thought we would hold out for the draw until our defence (Wheater?) allowed Rhodes the free header. Why did we stand off and play in defensive mode once we'd scored? A lot more questions can be asked regarding our performance today in relation to other performances throughout the season. But today, against a team who could be champions , I felt a little easier in defeat. Hopefully the spirit will pervade into our next campaign. COYWM!!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I actually feel sorry for whoever is our next manager - who on earth could get this shower of shite playing as a team, even though they tried today we honestly look like a team at a charity match who have only just met on the day of match, they don't know each other and just play their own game....there is no shape to the team

We need at least 8 or 9 new players next season IMO. Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level, and Holding who has potential needs someone experienced at the side of him to talk him through games, Derik who I like isn't a Campo type holding midfielder he's a young inexperienced centre half.

:hang:

If we won the champions league you'd find something to feck*' whinge about........................

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I actually feel sorry for whoever is our next manager - who on earth could get this shower of shite playing as a team, even though they tried today we honestly look like a team at a charity match who have only just met on the day of match, they don't know each other and just play their own game....there is no shape to the team

:hang:

If we won the champions league you'd find something to feck' whinge about........................
Fcuk off prick....

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level
How can you possibly know this?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level
Its my opinion chief, that's all - or can we not have opinions that may differ on a fans forum ?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Its my opinion chief, that's all - or can we not have opinions that may differ on a fans forum ?
Don't be so mard. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to not have it questioned. The same goes for the rest of us.

Considering they've never played at that level, how can you know they're not good enough?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Don't be so mard. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to not have it questioned. The same goes for the rest of us.

Considering they've never played at that level, how can you know they're not good enough?
Ok then sunshine, what makes you think that my opinion is wrong, and that they are good enough for League 1 ?

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Only clough can be rated as a probable for the future. Maybe with better players around him he could become a decent player.

The passing today was terrible, the times they gave the ball away was alarming.

If some of these young players are not good enough now they never will be.

Hopefully next term most wont be around, Pratley as captain was a bad decision as was his inclusion in the team. Wheater was poor as was Moxey. As someone posted previous the next Manager has one hell of a task ahead sorting out the dead wood.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Woollery should have at least got a shot in,when at 1-1,he was through on goal..Inexperience showed like feck.He was beaten far too easily!

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Not posted for a few weeks due to a lot of 'other' stuff needing my attention......However; I thought a very spirited performance today from a side who as we know are doomed, spineless, overpaid, don't give a toss etc..............I thought that today Derick played very well. Also I thought the rest of the team played well, all were committed, showed passion, and certainly a 'spine'. Without Heskey we would not have scored. A terrific 'hold and lay off' for young Vela. (Who I thought was struggling a little until his goal). We kept shape much more than previous games and we were always a threat when attacking. It shows what some organisation and discipline can bring. 'Boro have a great squad with a lot of depth, and I really thought we would hold out for the draw until our defence (Wheater?) allowed Rhodes the free header. Why did we stand off and play in defensive mode once we'd scored? A lot more questions can be asked regarding our performance today in relation to other performances throughout the season. But today, against a team who could be champions , I felt a little easier in defeat. Hopefully the spirit will pervade into our next campaign. COYWM!!
Just shows how 2 fans can see 2 different games. Derick played very well ? etc etc, sorry I didn't see that game today. Don't get me wrong you are entitled to your script, my script is if we play like that in Div 1 we will be mid to lower table. We have very little skill , football thought and composure.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Each time I see woollery he offers pace but no skill to back it up. Probably another player who promises much but delivers little.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:10 pm

I think Maher looks decent. Vela had a better game than he has done.

Still collapsed in last 20 minutes which is a worry.

Today was better than it has been. We made a game of it against a side who wouldn't have a single one of our players in their matchday squad.