"Who's laughing now eh?" - Middlesbrough (H) 16/04/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: "Who's laughing now eh?" - Middlesbrough (H) 16/04/16

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I actually feel sorry for whoever is our next manager - who on earth could get this shower of shite playing as a team, even though they tried today we honestly look like a team at a charity match who have only just met on the day of match, they don't know each other and just play their own game....there is no shape to the team

We need at least 8 or 9 new players next season IMO. Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level, and Holding who has potential needs someone experienced at the side of him to talk him through games, Derik who I like isn't a Campo type holding midfielder he's a young inexperienced centre half.

We need a fecking magician not a manager....
:hang
If we won the champions league you'd find something to feck' whinge about........................
Fcuk off prick....
Nice.

Peter T. You obviously love BWFC & our predicament hurts but your best friend couldn't argue that you aren't negative.

You couldn't be positive with 30,000 volts running through you.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Maher looks decent. Vela had a better game than he has done.

Still collapsed in last 20 minutes which is a worry.

Today was better than it has been. We made a game of it against a side who wouldn't have a single one of our players in their matchday squad.
Boro played in 2nd gear for most of the game & stepped it up when they needed to, probably due to the complete lack of atmosphere in an 1/2 empty Macron, which was still more populated than these players deserve - serious hats off to the folk who went today !

Personally & its only my opinion (not backed up by stats, facts or hard proof) but I'd prefer Wilson at RB next season, and it shows as someone else has just pointed out how personal opinions differ so much, that I though that apart from the goal Vela was absolutely awful, and I honestly fail to see what he offers to the team.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:24 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... dlesbrough" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

second goal was a defensive shambles :cry:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I actually feel sorry for whoever is our next manager - who on earth could get this shower of shite playing as a team, even though they tried today we honestly look like a team at a charity match who have only just met on the day of match, they don't know each other and just play their own game....there is no shape to the team

We need at least 8 or 9 new players next season IMO. Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level, and Holding who has potential needs someone experienced at the side of him to talk him through games, Derik who I like isn't a Campo type holding midfielder he's a young inexperienced centre half.

We need a fecking magician not a manager....
:hang
If we won the champions league you'd find something to feck' whinge about........................
Fcuk off prick....
Nice.

Peter T. You obviously love BWFC & our predicament hurts but your best friend couldn't argue that you aren't negative.

You couldn't be positive with 30,000 volts running through you.
It wasn't nice I agree, but there was no need for Johnny Depp's comments

Bobo as regards the negativity....absolutely I don't disagree and I am very critical, but give me an ounce of positivity something to cheer about & I'm more passionate & pro BWFC than most - believe me !

Its just that we've had very little to be positive about over the past 4 or 5 years, and anyone who can see positives in our current position needs knighting !

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level
How can you possibly know this?
Its my opinion chief, that's all - or can we not have opinions that may differ on a fans forum ?
Don't be so mard. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to not have it questioned. The same goes for the rest of us.

Considering they've never played at that level, how can you know they're not good enough?
Ok then sunshine, what makes you think that my opinion is wrong, and that they are good enough for League 1 ?
They might not be but I'd prefer to wait and see instead of writing them off at this stage. They won't be up against the same standard of opposition next season.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm sure this board will select a manager capable of delivering but also that appeals to most of our fans. I am as frustrated as the next Bolton fan and words written in the heat of the moment can upset a few .

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:30 pm

remember when Oscar Threlkeld made his debut - tall skinny lad, did well but got knocked off the ball too easy.
has anyone seen him recently ??
has filled out a bit and done very well out on loan
we have to give these lads a chance

Am looking forwards to seeing how Hayden White does when he comes back too
He was another one who was meant to be the next big thing when we signed him from Sheffield
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Vela, Woolery (yes he has pace but we need a proper goal scorer) & Maher are not good enough even at League 1 level
How can you possibly know this?
Its my opinion chief, that's all - or can we not have opinions that may differ on a fans forum ?
Don't be so mard. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to not have it questioned. The same goes for the rest of us.

Considering they've never played at that level, how can you know they're not good enough?
Ok then sunshine, what makes you think that my opinion is wrong, and that they are good enough for League 1 ?

'cos you're a fukcn utter cock end......................

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

'cos you're a fukcn utter cock end......................
Thanks Johnny that's so kind & original....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Athertonian wrote:I'm sure this board will select a manager capable of delivering but also that appeals to most of our fans. I am as frustrated as the next Bolton fan and words written in the heat of the moment can upset a few .
If its me, Bruce, Capslock, Devon & Bobo etc I'm sure that we would select the correct manager - but if its Johnny / Pirate, Nicko, Bish and any other of the bed wetters we'd end up with Jimmy Phillips !

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Athertonian wrote:I'm sure this board will select a manager capable of delivering but also that appeals to most of our fans. I am as frustrated as the next Bolton fan and words written in the heat of the moment can upset a few .
If its me, Bruce, Capslock, Devon & Bobo etc I'm sure that we would select the correct manager - but if its Johnny / Pirate, Nicko, Bish and any other of the bed wetters we'd end up with Jimmy Phillips !
:conf:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:24 pm

thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Bish just jesting - nothing personal !!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:26 pm

just not sure where your "bed wetter" category comes from... or what the feck you are on about!!

who is the correct manager BTW?

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
No not Jimmy for me, I heard him before the game and he seemed to say theirs is nothing wrong ! Really ? No need to change things ?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:31 pm

thebish wrote:just not sure where your "bed wetter" category comes from... or what the feck you are on about!!

who is the correct manager BTW?
Bish leave it pal, it was obviously a poor attempt at humour - in response to Athy's post about 'this board' selecting a capable manager.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Ok, we've all had a drink, etc etc

Nelson - Threlkeld is back and was on the bench today. I would hope he gets a chance Tuesday against a team much more like the sort of standard we will face next year - although I don't think we looked outclassed today considering we've won like two matches in forever.

It'll be reet. Probably.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Jimmy Phillips is a nice bloke but I don't think he has the steel or hard edge we particularly need as a manager next season.

Trouble is I think it is less a case of us choosing than it is of a manager being cheap and available and willing to come.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Jimmy Phillips is a nice bloke but I don't think he has the steel or hard edge we particularly need as a manager next season.

Trouble is I think it is less a case of us choosing than it is of a manager being cheap and available and willing to come.
Cobblers fans seem to think Gene's on his way following his post match interview today - not heard it but they think it sounded like he may be on his way....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
C'mon. He has a point ! :lol: :lol:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Jimmy Phillips is a nice bloke but I don't think he has the steel or hard edge we particularly need as a manager next season.

Cobblers fans seem to think Gene's on his way following his post match interview today - not heard it but they think it sounded like he may be on his way....
He would be my choice to come in and sort us out. What exactly did he say?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'