Riga Mortis - Charlton Athletic (H) 19/04/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Re: Riga Mortis - Charlton Athletic (H) 19/04/16

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Is that the eighth right-back of the season?
I started trying to work this out but it got too depressing...
Might be 9 if Dervite got to play there too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Well, the good news is that we aren't losing yet, althought there's talk in the micshack of "the most boring game ever", but then, with "the worst Bolton side ever" they mentioned earlier, how could it be otherwise? There goes the Anthony Axford war cry and....away we go for Part II of this thrilling encounter......
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Attendance is 12257 (243 away fans).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Is that the eighth right-back of the season?
I started trying to work this out but it got too depressing...
Might be 9 if Dervite got to play there too.
I pressed on... "The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark: It scares you witless, but in time you see things clear and stark."

If Oscar's playing there, I make it nine *without* Dervite. If our languorous Gaul did flit there for a while - as Liam Feeney did toward the end of a few games - that would bring up double figures.

Lawrie Wilson
Josh Vela
Rob Holding
Francesco Pisano
Prince-Desir Gouano
Derik Osede
Liam Feeney
Niall Maher
Oscar Threlkeld?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Sounds like a cracker. Wish I was there
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Away it goes and Clough and Vela conjure up a throw. Wheater, Clough, and.....Deryk has a shot blocked as 12, 257 of a crowd announced. Cabbages and Kings for a bit, bit of sealing wax and a mention of Dean Holdsworth and ticket prices. And now......we'll get to the game in a minute....I think and....some scores and.....oh, Bury have scored....wow.(Oh, hey, don't mock, they're our equals right now).

And a corner to the Addicks and,,,,,we break and Holding, Clough and....keepr comes well out and clears it. Great programme for staticticians before we get a corner. Outswinger ....wait....Maher is down in the middle and the medic's on. Lad seems in pain says micman, and he hobbles off to be replaced by......the corner....OOOOOOOH, Wheater's header kept out but a great save. Apparently Maher is back on and Pratley has no support and wins a throw. And.....OHHHHH, Wheater again has a go and we get another corner. This one goes over the top. That was close..

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 pm

jmjhb wrote:Attendance is 12257 (243 away fans).
Wonder if they're counting all the 10,000 ST holders again?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Clough, Vela, Maher...and....an awful shot from Threlkeld goes out for a throw. Some talk before Clough hits one well wide. a sort of grudging admittance that we're playing better before....Addicks management have the notes out and....they come for a visit and....a cross is cleared for a throw before we block and Heskey is held back, conveniently missed by the ref. Now they come at us and....Jackson....and we clear but give it them back. Texiera apparently got away with murder there or Heskey was away. Free kick us from deep and .....some score chat then.......Rhodes scores for Boro. A sally from them brings a save from Amos....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Commentary is more chat than match before the Japanese lad is replaced by Kellet?....Now we go via Vela, clough, threlkeld, Davies, and Lennon clears to Cousins. All to and fro for a bit. Davies wins us a free kick and.....and.....Jackson leaves for Diara? for the Addicks. Threlkeld gives them a throw as Heskey leaves for Kaine Wollery. Decent applause for Heskey from the fans.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:the Japanese lad is replaced by Kellet?
Yun Suk-young (Korean) replaced by Harriott – Callum, not Ainsley.

Andy Kellett, by the way, has played 12 times for Wigan this season - just 4 league starts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Now then. Are we worrying them yet? We get a throw and sally forth. They win it back and......Maher does well and they intercept a pass to Woolery and we get another throw. We're very good at winning throws, aren't we. Cloughs cross is headed out for a corner as mic man acknowleges Axfords and then we get a free kick for a foul on Davies. Now then.....and....and....in it goes and is blocked. Throw them as Vela blocks an attack. Woolery goes foth but Texiera stops him well. Now then lads, how about that goal? They get a free in our half......and....Amos collects. Press them now lads, don't sit back. Nowt to lose so have a go....some heart-warming stats from micman about not winning for thirteen games or summat, then Clough makes a bad free kick and they get a goal kick. They are bringing Zacariah xxxxxx on for Vetakelly? and Wilson does deep breathing on our line.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Some scores that matter not at all, then Maher does well and clears. Pratley goes, Herriot goes down and up again and wants some handbags with Deryk. (I'll get an opposition teamsheet from now on) And now, it's time to score lads. We go but get penalised against Lukman? Free them and.....we get it back and win a free near their box. Their defenders not too happy apparently. And......and.....cleared to halfway and back to Amos. Another good attack. Wooler, Davies, Holding, Deryk, and Pratley......slices it wide after a pass from Threlkeld.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Scores, more scores, results, Leeds beat Wolves......and we have a free with ten to go. Now then lads.......and....and....sigh......and more scores...Addicks come, commentary breaks off for another score then.....we have another free kick...in a decent position and.....Clough and.......and....and....the keeper has it. Lukman, Herriot and Wheater makes a good stop. Six and a half plus stoppage as more scores and then, Woolery loses his footing after a promising sounding break. Five left and.....we go and lose it. Amos now and......some fans saunter homewards. We go again and....Wollery makes the keeper dive but a goal kick ensues. Again we try, again they reclaim it. Now Harriot wins a corner at our end. Mic man reckons its early for our last minute conceed. Really? Amos only gets fingers on a clearance. And now........They come and.....hit one into the ozone. More chat, more scores, some more sealing wax and string and then......high excitement as the Addicks make a few passes. We lose it again and...they cross and get a last minute corner.

And......and.....Diara, Motta? a flashing shot from Texiera goes high wide and handsome as Wheater hits the grass. And...is this another scintillating one-pointer. Wheater back up and shepherds the ball out for a goal kick. Come on lads, surprise em and get a cheeky goal. Woolery tries, they block it and visit with a mean and hungry look. And it's all in vain. 0-0 and goodnight. :oyea:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Are Charlton the only team not to beat us this season?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:55 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Are Charlton the only team not to beat us this season?
No Wolves didn't, nor Blackburn...

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Well that's me done, wont be attending the last game as I wont be in the country. I have wasted an hour and half of my life to attend and suffer that shite, I came out the ground ten mins from time... I know, shit fan.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Cheers Tango!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:30 pm

Shortest match-day thread ever? Take away tango's posts and you are left with....how many full backs can you play in one game after the pies have come and how many season ticket holders weren't on the No3 bus?

Meanwhile, Accy - with a home game to come v virtual-relegated York are in second spot and it's theirs to lose. Bolton in the same league as Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley. Used to be Fulham and Arsenal. At least Bolton won't be playing Bury or Rochdale.

Oh....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:Shortest match-day thread ever? Take away tango's posts and you are left with....how many full backs can you play in one game after the pies have come and how many season ticket holders weren't on the No3 bus?

Meanwhile, Accy - with a home game to come v virtual-relegated York are in second spot and it's theirs to lose. Bolton in the same league as Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley. Used to be Fulham and Arsenal. At least Bolton won't be playing Bury or Rochdale.

Oh....
I'm well up for watching us against all these teams. All I ask is that we're a bit better than them (i know).
My beef is the shit performances we've produced this season, not who we are playing next.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Poor game with 2 very poor teams. Young Oscar showed he could be very useful next season, I thought the young lads generally did well and give us hope for next season.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion