New kit?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New kit?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:The fuss is that modern curse .. the ability for everyone with a phone & or access to the internet can create a whinge about absolutely anything. The easy loan thing gave people a success (not too bad a thing I felt at the time, tbh) ... those people feel they're on roll.
The loan thing was a slippery slope. I get people would prefer us to be sponsored by some ethical business but I'd like them to suggest who that might be? Most businesses are in some light unethical.

I find the whole thing, and did previously about the loans company baffling. I wouldn't mind if those who complain are the ones who are pragmatic when it comes to club finances. But sadly they will be the same people slating owners for not spending millions of their own money on overpriced players. Not seeing the connection between their complaints about the club operating as any business would and their demands for financial flex. This is even more the case now where every penny counts.

I'd like football to be some sort of social utopia where every club has an even playing field and TV and business don't need to be involved. But it isn't and won't be. So better to live in the world we are in than an imaginary one that doesn't exist.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:14 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:The fuss is that modern curse .. the ability for everyone with a phone & or access to the internet can create a whinge about absolutely anything. The easy loan thing gave people a success (not too bad a thing I felt at the time, tbh) ... those people feel they're on roll.
The loan thing was a slippery slope. I get people would prefer us to be sponsored by some ethical business but I'd like them to suggest who that might be? Most businesses are in some light unethical.

I find the whole thing, and did previously about the loans company baffling. I wouldn't mind if those who complain are the ones who are pragmatic when it comes to club finances. But sadly they will be the same people slating owners for not spending millions of their own money on overpriced players. Not seeing the connection between their complaints about the club operating as any business would and their demands for financial flex. This is even more the case now where every penny counts.

I'd like football to be some sort of social utopia where every club has an even playing field and TV and business don't need to be involved. But it isn't and won't be. So better to live in the world we are in than an imaginary one that doesn't exist.
Do you really find it baffling? I can't say that I'm overly bothered myself, but I can certainly understand why people don't like it.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:57 pm

^^ I could sort of see that some people might prefer it to be a company that isn't a loan shark or bookies. Just not to the extent that it'd stop them watching...

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ I could sort of see that some people might prefer it to be a company that isn't a loan shark or bookies. Just not to the extent that it'd stop them watching...
Ann Summers.

I'd wear that (the football shirt with her name on, not - necessarily - one of her bespoke see-thru red negligee's, although that would make an interesting away kit choice).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:^^ I could sort of see that some people might prefer it to be a company that isn't a loan shark or bookies. Just not to the extent that it'd stop them watching...
Ann Summers.

I'd wear that (the football shirt with her name on, not - necessarily - one of her bespoke see-thru red negligee's, although that would make an interesting away kit choice).

it might suit our negligeeable defence... errr... (I'll get my coat)

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:22 pm

thebish wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
Ann Summers.

They could run out to "Good Vibrations"?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
Ann Summers.

Guaranteed a couple of Cups every season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
Ann Summers.

Guaranteed a couple of Cups every season.
And plenty of support

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Do you really find it baffling? I can't say that I'm overly bothered myself, but I can certainly understand why people don't like it.
Yes. I find it baffling. It is a football club. They need money to survive. We've seen it demonstrated very recently.,

How many totally ethical businesses are there with the will and capacity to invest in football clubs?

Betting does sometimes ruin lives, so does alcohol, sugar, cars, motorbikes, ciggies, the Internet, hobbies etc.....

End of the day Bolton cannot be picky. And the idea that there are lots of nice 'family' options really baffles me. Who do people think would be a suitable sponsor?

In my view if we were backed by some seemingly large and longstanding company with a nice logo nobody would kick off. They kick off because they think that a small betting company is tacky, and dress it up in some sort of moral outrage rather than anything else.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yes. I find it baffling. It is a football club. They need money to survive. We've seen it demonstrated very recently.,

How many totally ethical businesses are there with the will and capacity to invest in football clubs?

Betting does sometimes ruin lives, so does alcohol, sugar, cars, motorbikes, ciggies, the Internet, hobbies etc.....

End of the day Bolton cannot be picky. And the idea that there are lots of nice 'family' options really baffles me. Who do people think would be a suitable sponsor?

In my view if we were backed by some seemingly large and longstanding company with a nice logo nobody would kick off. They kick off because they think that a small betting company is tacky, and dress it up in some sort of moral outrage rather than anything else.
there you are - see - you don't find it baffling - you are perfectly capable of explaining it! :D

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:50 pm

New kit looked good last night particularly as the "spin to win" logo is small enough not to notice from the stands. Far better than the big orange blob of "bet 188" or what ever it was.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:50 am

The away shirt's available - sky blue with slight stripes effect - not as bad as that might sound... Official site

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:07 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The away shirt's available - sky blue with slight stripes effect - not as bad as that might sound... Official site

it looks a wee bit Citeh...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:13 am

They look absolutely delighted to be wearing the new kit!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:32 am

Looks like a silky nightie.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 am

Bit big but I CBA to change it

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:12 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They look absolutely delighted to be wearing the new kit!
Bah, can't you spot focussed race face when you see it! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:26 am

Interesting decision to white out the badge. Personally I'd've said a darker colour had better readout, although I suppose it'd be dark blue on light blue. And I like that they're at least thinking about it.

It's not my cuppa but I've seen us have much worse kits.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:39 am

I'd like to see those three start as our attack on Saturday and give it a really good go with Spearing, Davies and Pratley behind them. 4-5-1 without and 4-3-3 when we are in possession and breaking.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:44 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They look absolutely delighted to be wearing the new kit!
Bah, can't you spot focussed race face when you see it! :-)
The last time I saw focussed and a Bolton player in tandem was Marvellous Marvin and his Twitter phone.