Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Re: Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Post by Devon White » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Now's the time....come on....three extra mins.....and.....and.....keeper punches.....and Williams clears. Spearing sends us forth as Zico howls support and....they clear for a throw and.....and......Spearing and Ameobi and....ohhhhh...a deflection gets us a corner. Spearing and.......and......it's over from Vela. And......that might be a bridge too far....then it might not and.....and.....Zico gets a bolloxing....Ameobi and.....it's a goal kick as they get a booking for booting the ball into Wigan. A throw and.......and......it's.....walloped and....and....Anderson and....Proctor is blocked and......it's 1-1.

Thanks tango,
p*ss poor that, new players in, good start to the season, ex manager coming, should have been ready from the start

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:01 pm

2 points from 6.

Parkinson Out !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:02 pm

24 shots. 4 on target.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:24 shots. 4 on target.
Ahh, the England approach.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:04 pm

We look to be a team that needs to score two goals to win.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Devon White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Now's the time....come on....three extra mins.....and.....and.....keeper punches.....and Williams clears. Spearing sends us forth as Zico howls support and....they clear for a throw and.....and......Spearing and Ameobi and....ohhhhh...a deflection gets us a corner. Spearing and.......and......it's over from Vela. And......that might be a bridge too far....then it might not and.....and.....Zico gets a bolloxing....Ameobi and.....it's a goal kick as they get a booking for booting the ball into Wigan. A throw and.......and......it's.....walloped and....and....Anderson and....Proctor is blocked and......it's 1-1.

Thanks tango,
p*ss poor that, new players in, good start to the season, ex manager coming, should have been ready from the start
:crazy:

Aye, should have won that 12-1. They got a good goal and sat back for 85 minutes. We pressed and were unfortunate not to score a hat full.

We played well and didn't lose. Last season we played well in games and lost.

Still unbeaten.

Teams aren't going to come to the Macron to lay down and have their bellies tickled. It's going to be harder than you think.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Oh and Anderson, gonna be the difference in a lot of games this season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:09 pm

We played well. Didn't trouble their dodgy keeper nearly enough though. Lots of nice play led to relatively few clear chances especially second half.

Having said that new players to settle in and they need to adapt to the system.

Unbeaten still and still top cannot complain too much.

Southend came for a point and defended well and a point is what they got.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:Oh and Anderson, gonna be the difference in a lot of games this season.

What's his playing style? Quick, fox in the box type?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:22 pm

I'd like to see anderson and Proctor given an extended run. Proctor played very well after he came on. Far better than madine. Ameobi looked really exciting for his sub spell. Henry was disappointing. Both full backs I thought were poor despite seeing a lot of the ball going forward. Spearing played very well again.
The starting line up should change next game because that first half was crap.
Still top though! And not even hit our stride yet.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:27 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Devon White wrote:

Thanks tango,
:crazy:

Aye, should have won that 12-1. They got a good goal and sat back for 85 minutes. We pressed and were unfortunate not to score a hat full.

We played well and didn't lose. Last season we played well in games and lost.

Still unbeaten.

Teams aren't going to come to the Macron to lay down and have their bellies tickled. It's going to be harder than you think.
That's exactly it, teams won't so much as park the bus but build the whole ruddy bus station and if they're not broken down, will catch anyone on the break.
Might be a tactic to be rubbish for 30 minutes, let the opposition think they can win, allow then space and the counter back!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I'd like to see anderson and Proctor given an extended run. Proctor played very well after he came on. Far better than madine. Ameobi looked really exciting for his sub spell. Henry was disappointing. Both full backs I thought were poor despite seeing a lot of the ball going forward. Spearing played very well again.
The starting line up should change next game because that first half was crap.
Still top though! And not even hit our stride yet.

:oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 pm

DJBlu wrote:Tony Kelly is terrible on't radio. It's like the old Sky Fanzone!
Love him. He's great. Just what we need at Bolton instead of the stiff-upper lip types. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:53 pm

Agreed tango. He struggles to get his words out and when he does you can't understand him

But he's passionate and the loves the club! He's better than listening to that other dreary git who commentates with him on WP
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Dreadful first half. Superb second. Still top and still unbeaten.
So unlike the vocal few in the Lofthouse Lower today I've nothing much to complain about.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Same story as Fleetwood at home really. Teams come to our place, flood the midfield and hope to get something on the break. Sunbeds lot were poor and had a game plan to play for a point. Sadly, Moxey again had no midfield cover in front of him, was left 2 on 1 and couldn't stop the cross. I'm really starting to worry about Buxton when we're defending. He seemed to have no idea where he should be. 1 down after 3 minutes.

When teams sit back against us, we need to move the ball quickly and first half we were way too pedestrian again. Second half we were much livelier and Taylor should have won it for us at the death but couldn't direct his shot.

All that having been said, we're still top and we haven't yet played well or got out of second gear. The new lads all looked good and added something.

On a final note; the refereeing was again poor. The linesman on our side won't be getting surgery if he needs it in the next 12 months. He was so overweight his moobs nearly hit him in the face whilst running towards our end pre kick off. Oh and what's with corner kicks these days. I thought the ball had to be inside the D, not barely touching the outside of the line!
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Highlights for everyone.

Get em whilst you can.

https://vimeo.com/181323492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by DJBlu on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Can't get that, but....

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 1-southend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Jesus we weren't dreadful first half. We probably created our best chances towards the end of the first half.

We dominated possession second half but created very few real chances.

I think we played well without ever really looking like we were going to win. Neither did we ever look like losing. Just one of those things.

Think I'd like to see Henry out wide rather than through the middle.

Buxton got caught a bit for the goal but don't really get the complaints over all. He's pretty solid. Moxey has the Trotter handicap but on the ball Moxey must do better. Can see Andrew Taylor coming in for him especially at home.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Can't get that, but....

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 1-southend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Added it to here for non UK members.

https://vimeo.com/181323492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for letting me know the other didn't work.