Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Jesus we weren't dreadful first half. We probably created our best chances towards the end of the first half.

We dominated possession second half but created very few real chances.

I think we played well without ever really looking like we were going to win. Neither did we ever look like losing. Just one of those things.

Think I'd like to see Henry out wide rather than through the middle.

Buxton got caught a bit for the goal but don't really get the complaints over all. He's pretty solid. Moxey has the Trotter handicap but on the ball Moxey must do better. Can see Andrew Taylor coming in for him especially at home.
Thought Vela could have tracked back quicker and put a challenge in with Kyprianou.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,
p*ss poor that, new players in, good start to the season, ex manager coming, should have been ready from the start
Correct. The Freight Rover was sacrificed so the first team could concentrate on beating Southend but they failed.The 3rd tier fixture list can't hand out fixtures much easier than Southend at home but we couldn't get the job done.Parky will live or die by his results and todays was shite.If we fail to win for the 3rd home game in a row next Saturday the honeymoon period will be over.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,
p*ss poor that, new players in, good start to the season, ex manager coming, should have been ready from the start
Correct. The Freight Rover was sacrificed so the first team could concentrate on beating Southend but they failed.The 3rd tier fixture list can't hand out fixtures much easier than Southend at home but we couldn't get the job done.Parky will live or die by his results and todays was shite.If we fail to win for the 3rd home game in a row next Saturday the honeymoon period will be over.
Don't talk bollocks. We dominated for 87 minutes, and we've looked the better team against everyone we faced. We're (surprise surprise) not gonna win every game. It's not feasible, and the only people expecting it want locking up in strait jackets.

We're unbeaten, top of the league and we've got another home game coming up next week. Nobody gives a toss about the EFL Trophy, particularly in this year's format. Give your head a shake.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,
:laugh:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Just seen their goal. Take it back, Buxton was correct in tucking in and was actually picking a man up.

Vela was dreaming. So fault really on Vela there.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,

:lol:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,
Bet you've had that written since the start of the season and just edited out a few details each week until you felt excuse to post it. Haven't even waited for us to be beaten. Mind you've probably been getting angrier and angrier with every good result as the weeks have gone by.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:33 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,
Don't talk bollocks. We dominated for 87 minutes, and we've looked the better team against everyone we faced. We're (surprise surprise) not gonna win every game. It's not feasible, and the only people expecting it want locking up in strait jackets.

We're unbeaten, top of the league and we've got another home game coming up next week. Nobody gives a toss about the EFL Trophy, particularly in this year's format. Give your head a shake.
You can dominate for the whole game if you want, if you don't score more than the opposition ''its bollocks'' my point is we are at home to southend and we have had the best start in seasons, we have some good new signings and should be up for a home game and 3 points, we are trying to get back to the championship so yes I do want us to win every home game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Devon White wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,

You can dominate for the whole game if you want, if you don't score more than the opposition ''its bollocks'' my point is we are at home to southend and we have had the best start in seasons, we have some good new signings and should be up for a home game and 3 points, we are trying to get back to the championship so yes I do want us to win every home game.
It's a competitive league this. The idea that we are that good we will just thump teams is absolute bollocks. Every game is a battle. Every game can go either way.

Not saying we shouldn't have won today but we aren't getting gimmes. We were possibly lucky to beat Fleetwood and definitely rode out luck against Sheff Utd. Today Southend rode their luck against us. It happens. We were appalling last season and there was a real possibility we'd sink again. Things are miles better than they could have been. As someone rang in the radio to say, if someone just a month or so back had offered him a draw against Southend he'd have snatched their hands off. How short our memories can be sometimes.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Jesus we weren't dreadful first half. We probably created our best chances towards the end of the first half.
Not wanting to bicker or owt cos it's all opinions and everything but if you thought we played well first half you need your bumps feeling.

We played like Freedman were still in charge.
Businesswoman of the year.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Devon White wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,

Wigan went up as Champions winning 15 of 23 home games so stop fecking worrying.

"Southend survived a Bolton Wanderers onslaught to come away from the League One leaders with a point." BBC News.

63% possession and 23 shots with 4 on target.

Bit of luck and it would have been 3 - 1.

Sounds like they weren't up for it.

I really do wonder how this team would do if we all pulled together and got behind em instead of constantly criticising every performance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:50 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Not wanting to bicker or owt cos it's all opinions and everything but if you thought we played well first half you need your bumps feeling.

We played like Freedman were still in charge.
Eh? First half we had one cleared off the line. Another I have no idea how I'd didn't go in and what looked like a clear penalty on Madine.

We were poor for 10 minutes then decent. Second half we had a lot of the ball, but what chances did we create apart from their keeper dropping it?

I mean well is a subjective word. But we were far from dreadful apart from very early on imho.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:02 pm

I didn't say we did nowt first half I said we were dreadful.
Anyway whatever. Happy to still be top of the shop.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Might be a few very short memories here. I'm thinking that before this season started if anyone had said that by September we'd have resolved our problems in the main,have a new manager, sign five decent players and, despite Captain Pratley, Max Clayton, Zak Clough and Mark Davies being injured have played six, won four and drawn two and be top of the league, somebody would have been calling for the white coat warriors. Just saying....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by popeyedoyle » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:01 pm

I think we will have to get used to teams rocking up and putting 11 men behind the ball. We battered them today but couldn't eke out a win but I'm optimistic for this season.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:06 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Devon White wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Devon White wrote:
Thanks tango,

Wigan went up as Champions winning 15 of 23 home games so stop fecking worrying.

"Southend survived a Bolton Wanderers onslaught to come away from the League One leaders with a point." BBC News.

63% possession and 23 shots with 4 on target.

Bit of luck and it would have been 3 - 1.

Sounds like they weren't up for it.

I really do wonder how this team would do if we all pulled together and got behind em instead of constantly criticising every performance.

+1

Some people seem to think we should steam roll this league :lol: ! Have they forgotten about last season? Last time I thought it were going to be a walk in the park was when we got relegated from the prem! Look.how that turned out!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Might be a few very short memories here. I'm thinking that before this season started if anyone had said that by September we'd have resolved our problems in the main,have a new manager, sign five decent players and, despite Captain Pratley, Max Clayton, Zak Clough and Mark Davies being injured have played six, won four and drawn two and be top of the league, somebody would have been calling for the white coat warriors. Just saying....
Abso bloody lutely :pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:22 pm

In the last couple of home games we have started off slowly and have been punished. Think their goal stunned us a bit, but we were poor 1st half. Second half we played much better. I like the look of Anderson, and Ameobi had some nice touches. But can I just say those time wasting antics by Southend was appalling....cups of tea and biscuits could have been handed out every time there was an opportunity to waste, and don't get me started on that Ref!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:35 pm

twilight wrote:In the last couple of home games we have started off slowly and have been punished. Think their goal stunned us a bit, but we were poor 1st half. Second half we played much better. I like the look of Anderson, and Ameobi had some nice touches. But can I just say those time wasting antics by Southend was appalling....cups of tea and biscuits could have been handed out every time there was an opportunity to waste, and don't get me started on that Ref!!
The first half was bad. That's not negativity it's just an honest appraisal. It was horrible to watch and predictable and boring. Once we got Proctor on for madine and a bit of flair from ameobi it changed but we relied on a goalkeeping blunder for our point. This team is far from the finished article. You can see the potential in it and the fact that the manager has us top is fantastic.
Lennon had a great start but it was built on sand when you look back at it, and once it went wrong it totally disintegrated. This guy has more substance to him and I'm confident he'll get results the easy and the hard way.
We clearly need to be more varied and ambitious in attack against defensive visitors though. We've got the players now to take teams apart so let's hope we try to do that more from the start or we will drop too many points at home.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:49 pm

LeverEnd wrote:The first half was bad. That's not negativity it's just an honest appraisal. It was horrible to watch and predictable and boring.
Yeah I know. It were dreadful weren't it?

:wink: