An Evening With Paul Jones - "No Holds Barred"

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

My Time In Football
Hopeful
Hopeful

An Evening With Paul Jones - "No Holds Barred"

Post by My Time In Football » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Evening everyone,

I've posted on here a few times before after interviewing a number of former Bolton players for my website.

I'd like to invite people to an event I'm hosting in a few weeks' time - 'An Evening With Paul Jones'. The "No Holds Barred" tag in the title of this thread refers to what Paul offered on the evening when we confirmed it recently, as he's extremely open and honest when he talks!

I've been friends with Paul for a number of years and he's told me he's extremely looking forward to this event, and he'll be talking in depth about his 13 years he spent at Burnden Park, and taking questions from supporters as well.

Paul is commonly known as the best centre half never to receive a cap for England, and he's got a lot of entertaining and insightful stories from his time at Bolton.

The evening is on Friday November 11th at Birchfields Hall in Farnworth. Start - 7.30pm. Finish - 12midnight.

Tickets are priced at £35 (or £350 for a table of 10) and include the following:

- Complimentary drink on arrival
- Heads & Tails table game, with prizes on offer
- Delicious 3-course dinner
- Full colour souvenir programme
- £5 worth of raffle tickets, with a number of prices including Bolton Wanderers memorabilia
- The chance to 'Meet & Greet' with Bolton Wanderers legend Paul Jones, including photo opportunities
- Q & A with Paul Jones, including questions from fans on the night

For ticket enquiries, please contact Des Hinks on 07816 111150 or email [email protected].

Thank you.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: An Evening With Paul Jones - "No Holds Barred"

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:58 pm

I had Franco Baresi down as the best Centre Half never to play for England, but to be honest it does sound like a good do. Unfortunately, I'm away that weekend but best of luck with it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Is it a black tie do?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:08 pm

I used to live across the road from Paul Jones when he played for Wanderers. I was a little too young to remember but my Pops said he was the nicest of people.
Pfffft.

My Time In Football
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by My Time In Football » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:02 am

It's not a black tie do, just smart casual really.

I don't want the night to be 'stuffy', just a nice evening with good food, drinks, entertainment and a good chat with a Bolton legend.