Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:43 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm
This bloke has been bragging to a business acquaintance of mine that he is buying The Wanderers this summer...Shabbir Khiljee from Bolton ... he certainly has the £££ and the right connections

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... hone_firm/

Who knows - he could be telling the truth or just bigging himself up
Looks like he has now officially chucked his hat into the ring -- Am getting that Venkys feeling -- Can this mess get any worse ?
Yeh, the Venky's themselves could chuck in an offer.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 pm
I give up trying to make head or tail of it. The season is looking like a write off already. We'll see what happens at some point I suppose but I'm expecting nothing good.
Is where I am at.

The inability to capitalise on promotion and give Parky a stable base this season will probably cost us. Cheers gents.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am
LeverEnd wrote:
I give up trying to make head or tail of it. The season is looking like a write off already. We'll see what happens at some point I suppose but I'm expecting nothing good.
Is where I am at.

The inability to capitalise on promotion and give Parky a stable base this season will probably cost us. Cheers gents.
I'm the same - I'm not Parkinson's biggest fan on the tactical front, and its certainly something that he needs to improve on or get help with - but admittedly he's working with his hands tied behind his back in regards to only being allowed to sign free's - and both Holdsworth and the Anderson's have put themselves ahead of the club & supporters.

I've been KA's biggest fan, but even I'm getting a bit annoyed with the lack of progress on everything, buying the remaining shares, his promise to get the embargo lifted (promised over 12 months ago)....and although he's done a decent job in stabilising things we haven't moved on at all since promotion and he has had plenty of time (even with Holdsworth who's much worse BTW, not helping things) - its clear now that he's only in it for himself and how much money he can make - I don't think that he gives a toss about the club, its future or the fans....I think its all talk.

But saying that he did certainly do his part last season in giving PP the tools to get promoted, and brought in some good players at League 1 level, and for that he deserves our thanks, without KA last season I think the club may have gone under.

Saying that I still think we have a squad strong enough to compete with Burton, Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall etc

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 am

Completely agree with most of that PT. I don't know enough about Burton Barnsley and Bristol City but we beat Millwall twice last year and it was two points dropped the other week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am
officer_dibble wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Is where I am at.

I'm the same - I'm not Parkinson's biggest fan on the tactical front, and its certainly something that he needs to improve on or get help with - but admittedly he's working with his hands tied behind his back in regards to only being allowed to sign free's - and both Holdsworth and the Anderson's have put themselves ahead of the club & supporters.

I've been KA's biggest fan, but even I'm getting a bit annoyed with the lack of progress on everything, buying the remaining shares, his promise to get the embargo lifted (promised over 12 months ago)....and although he's done a decent job in stabilising things we haven't moved on at all since promotion and he has had plenty of time (even with Holdsworth who's much worse BTW, not helping things) - its clear now that he's only in it for himself and how much money he can make - I don't think that he gives a toss about the club, its future or the fans....I think its all talk.

But saying that he did certainly do his part last season in giving PP the tools to get promoted, and brought in some good players at League 1 level, and for that he deserves our thanks, without KA last season I think the club may have gone under.

Saying that I still think we have a squad strong enough to compete with Burton, Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall etc
Very naive to think anyone buying the club was doing it for the "love of the fans" or whatever. I don't mind someone profiting if they run the club well and improve its position.

However, Anderson hasn't sunk a single penny in yet. He owns 57% and bar what he's paid Holdsworth has spent only £1 as far as we know.

I think the current debacle is pretty disgraceful. He seems to want someone else to own 30 odd percent but fund the club. He wants to procure the shares for virtually nothing it seems. But what funding is then in place?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am
officer_dibble wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Is where I am at.

Very naive to think anyone buying the club was doing it for the "love of the fans" or whatever. I don't mind someone profiting if they run the club well and improve its position.

However, Anderson hasn't sunk a single penny in yet. He owns 57% and bar what he's paid Holdsworth has spent only £1 as far as we know.

I think the current debacle is pretty disgraceful. He seems to want someone else to own 30 odd percent but fund the club. He wants to procure the shares for virtually nothing it seems. But what funding is then in place?
Please tell me 'Mr know it all' where have I said or mentioning loving or love of the fans, so why naïve.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:51 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am

Please tell me 'Mr know it all' where have I said or mentioning loving or love of the fans, so why naïve.
I wasn't calling you naive. I was saying that if we expect someone to come in and just fund the club with no benefit or gain for themselves it would be naive. Unless they are some super rich lifelong fan with nowt better to do.

Ken was always going to be in it for something. I have no issue with that. But he has to have done more, and hasn't.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Ok fair enough....I actually hope Holdsworth never sets foot in the Macron again, and like I said I'm now losing patience with KA.

I also don't expect anyone to buy or fund the club without personal gain or benefit, but he's just coming across now as being greedy and putting the complete future of the club at risk just so that he can make an extra few £M or so.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 pm
Ok fair enough....I actually hope Holdsworth never sets foot in the Macron again, and like I said I'm now losing patience with KA.

I also don't expect anyone to buy or fund the club without personal gain or benefit, but he's just coming across now as being greedy and putting the complete future of the club at risk just so that he can make an extra few £M or so.
Not sure it is greed. I suspect it is a combination of ruthless business practice and a lack of investable cash. I think this summer was telling. IF Ken really wanted to move the club on, he could have found some cash or investment and guaranteed viability for 12 months, got us out of embargo and given PP a fighting chance. Sure we'd have been signing loans and frees still but at least we could do it on our terms without numbers and wage restrictions.

The fact he didn't do that, despite promotion and is now allowing the shares issue to drag says that it all. I'm not sure it is malicious or greedy, just probably that he has neither the ability nor inclination to ever really sink money in. And hasn't as yet given any guarantee as to any external investment he could secure.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:11 pm

If Ken's put no money in, how are we paying the current wage bill? Are we no longer operating at a loss?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:11 pm
If Ken's put no money in, how are we paying the current wage bill? Are we no longer operating at a loss?
A small loss I believe. But he's putting money in to resolve cash flow then taking it back out - he's openly said that. Where the losses are being absorbed...I don't know.

I'm guessing that Deano's loan absorbed a lot of them plus Clough's sale. Where the projected £3M loss for this year gets absorbed...not sure. But that might be where Ken says 'difficult decisions' need to be made, including another player sale...fund another year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Holdsworth has now resigned from all positions at the club.

That was a no-brainer really.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... Wanderers/
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:11 pm
A small loss I believe. But he's putting money in to resolve cash flow then taking it back out - he's openly said that. Where the losses are being absorbed...I don't know.

I'm guessing that Deano's loan absorbed a lot of them plus Clough's sale. Where the projected £3M loss for this year gets absorbed...not sure. But that might be where Ken says 'difficult decisions' need to be made, including another player sale...fund another year.
Where does the "projected £3m loss" come from? Has this been reported somewhere?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Kens bought the shares.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/august ... tatement2/

Over to you now Ken. Get Parky the support and quality he needs.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:57 pm

To be exact they've just agreed a deal at this stage, but it does appear to be a formality.

It's the best outcome for us IMO. Let's hope we can finally attract some investment and crack on.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 pm

At least the immediate uncertainty has ended. His statement leaves a number of questions unaired, such as:

1.) Who now has responsibility for the payment of the Blumarble loan? KA or the club?
2.) If the club on what terms? Given the club is not making a profit, does this mean the club has to find additional capital? How much, how quickly? Would players/assets need to be sold to meet the additional financial burden?
3.) Are we now able to proceed with the process of exiting the embargo? What is the timeframe?
4.) Is further investment lined up? What is the long term plan? Obviously wouldn't expect an answer to this in this initial statement, but given KA now has sole responsibility for steering this ship on its journey for the forseeable future, we need to see a plan.

Anyway, for the time being, I wish KA the best of luck. Given the available options for taking the club forward that were reported this was probably the best of them.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 pm

A bit premature / harsh of me to be losing faith with KA earlier today - well done Ken, he comes across as a decent poker player.

Let's hope its not to late to bring in 2 or 3 decent / quality players tomorrow to give PP a chance of avoiding relegation.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 pm

I expect Ken will sell Bolton and maybe he have an agreement with a buyer but maybe they do this to avoid point deduction because I think there is time to solve this problem or there will be point deduction .

Let's hope this mean transfer embargo will be removed in time to try and make avoid signing .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Iles speculating league might let us make signings tomorrow on basis embargo can now be lifted quickly (but not by tomorrow obviously). Hope so, but not sure league will do us any favours.

Anyhow I reckon there is a good chance Spearing comes back now, given he is a free agent so won't need doing tomorrow and presumably embargo can go within a few weeks. Then we could sign him as a free agent with wage and squad restrictions gone. Sure a deal till Jan could be sorted even on low terms allowing both parties to reassess

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 pm
At least the immediate uncertainty has ended. His statement leaves a number of questions unaired, such as:

1.) Who now has responsibility for the payment of the Blumarble loan? KA or the club?
2.) If the club on what terms? Given the club is not making a profit, does this mean the club has to find additional capital? How much, how quickly? Would players/assets need to be sold to meet the additional financial burden?
I'm going more off the article on the Bolton News website than KA's statement, so it may be giving the wrong impression but this is how I've read the situation:

1) The original BluMarble loan shouldn't technically exist any more should it? The liquidators surely at this point would just be looking to retrieve the total debt / as close to that figure as possible. I can't see why a liquidator would just be looking for someone to take over a pre-existing loan.

2) However, Bolton News' article does say that KA / BWFC have also come to an agreement with BluMarble, which to me suggests that he may have taken out / agreed a new loan with BluMarble in order to buy the shares from the liquidator.

If that is the case then I'm not sure that's any better than what Holdsworth did in the first place. Hell I'm not sure why BluMarble would want to deal with us again / why Ken would use the same company who just liquidated one of our shareholding companies!

Maybe all of the above is just rubbish and he's just agreed new terms to take over the original loan. But I thought we were past the stage of that being possible once the liquidators were involved. They're usually just interested in getting the full balance paid as far as I'm aware.