Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm
I don't think Ken is deluded, he's clearly a very smart man. But one must remember, he's not here to pump money in. One has to assume he's here to sell the club on for a tidy profit. He knows that right now sacking the manager costs him a lot, and might jeopardise his efforts to balance the books. Whilst I accept that being back in league one is far from ideal for Ken he also knows that spending a million quid of his own money to replace a manager and his backroom staff with very little guarantee of a return on that money is not currently a smart business move.

Sadly what makes business sense, isn't often aligned to football sense.

And in this instance I think Ken is probably right. If Parky can't get these lads playing after the way he picked them up last season its unlikely someone else is going to walk in and do it.

If Ken had a big transfer warchest to dish out the whole thing might be different of course.
He is a clever business man, that's for sure - but my point about them being deluded is around the comments coming out after each damaging loss. I know he has to come out & support the manager but if he / they actually believe what they say then they are delusional.

Yes the performance last night was apparently better & more committed than against Brentford (which tbh couldn't be any worse) - but we are miles away, again last night our possession was poor (even with 11 men), our shots on goal & on target where poor - yet again. Just being a bit more committed won't win us games of football or give us a chance of staying up and if they continue to ignore it week after week its just burying their heads in the sand. I take on board previous comments about Ken not wanting to gamble £1M of his own cash replacing Parkinson etc....but BWFC being in League 1 is far less attractive to potential new investors or owners than remaining in the championship, so I think £1M is a risk worth taking but then again its not my money.

I know that the Anderson's read the various BWFC forum's, so all I'll say is that if they are not prepared to sack Parkinson - then at least help him out by bringing in an attacking coach with championship experience ASAP to try and improve us attacking wise - because our current hoof to Madine Parkinson attacking tactic clearly isn't working & won't work in the championship regardless of how committed the team are....surely no goals in 7 games (and about 1 shot on goal per game) is enough proof that we are very poor in our style and way of playing in regards to attacking, creating and scoring....as his current coaching set up is very lower league.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm
I don't think Ken is deluded, he's clearly a very smart man. But one must remember, he's not here to pump money in. One has to assume he's here to sell the club on for a tidy profit. He knows that right now sacking the manager costs him a lot, and might jeopardise his efforts to balance the books. Whilst I accept that being back in league one is far from ideal for Ken he also knows that spending a million quid of his own money to replace a manager and his backroom staff with very little guarantee of a return on that money is not currently a smart business move.

Sadly what makes business sense, isn't often aligned to football sense.

And in this instance I think Ken is probably right. If Parky can't get these lads playing after the way he picked them up last season its unlikely someone else is going to walk in and do it.

If Ken had a big transfer warchest to dish out the whole thing might be different of course.
He is a clever business man, that's for sure - but my point about them being deluded is around the comments coming out after each damaging loss. I know he has to come out & support the manager but if he / they actually believe what they say then they are delusional.

Yes the performance last night was apparently better & more committed than against Brentford (which tbh couldn't be any worse) - but we are miles away, again last night our possession was poor (even with 11 men), our shots on goal & on target where poor - yet again. Just being a bit more committed won't win us games of football or give us a chance of staying up and if they continue to ignore it week after week its just burying their heads in the sand. I take on board previous comments about Ken not wanting to gamble £1M of his own cash replacing Parkinson etc....but BWFC being in League 1 is far less attractive to potential new investors or owners than remaining in the championship, so I think £1M is a risk worth taking but then again its not my money.

I know that the Anderson's read the various BWFC forum's, so all I'll say is that if they are not prepared to sack Parkinson - then at least help him out by bringing in an attacking coach with championship experience ASAP to try and improve us attacking wise - because our current hoof to Madine Parkinson attacking tactic clearly isn't working & won't work in the championship regardless of how committed the team are....surely no goals in 7 games (and about 1 shot on goal per game) is enough proof that we are very poor in our style and way of playing in regards to attacking, creating and scoring....as his current coaching set up is very lower league.
What if Ken believes that with everyone fit we'll have a better chance? I mean that to you may be deluded but I think that would simply be a disagreement.

Ken may alternatively not really think we can stay up regardless of who is in charge. So isn't going to throw money down the drain.

We are in a somewhat unique position. At a normal club Parky would be gone. But right now we're not exactly normal!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 pm
We are in a somewhat unique position. At a normal club Parky would be gone. But right now we're not exactly normal!
Aye - BWFC September goal of the month will be a hard one to choose....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:18 pm

:lol: hopefully we get a scabby one yarder to win 1-0 on Saturday!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Hahaha I am looking forward to “The month in forrays into the opposition half: September”

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 pm

From Ken Anderson last comment you will realise that he will not spend a penny in this club because he doesn't care, but if he put hi own money maybe Phil Parkinson will be sacked before we are in this position , they said football is business now and if you care about your business you will do what the best for your business and in football the result what any body will be looking at , from thirty possible point Bolton just take two from thirty and that's not acceptable at all if he care about his business he will change the manager and try another one because maybe he can do better and get results to keep Bolton in championship , he have money but will not put any penny because he want to sell Bolton sooner or later .

Don't get me wrong I'm appreciate what Parkinson did in Bolton but in championship it seems that this level of football is out of his experience and he can't do anything more than he did.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Could someone who knows how to do polls - do a Bolton September goal of the month vote, thanks PT

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm
Could someone who knows how to do polls - do a Bolton September goal of the month vote, thanks PT
Do forum rules forbid me calling someone a wan**r. ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:47 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm
Do forum rules forbid me calling someone a wan**r. ?
Dubious territory there. Maybe conduct a poll for consensus :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:30 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/octobe ... -chairman/

Ken has his say. He doesn't like the media discussing our goalless drought in the context of history...well...ermmm...that's football. I'd not even say we've been given that hard a time over it. Is it really worth bringing it up?

It sounds like Ken is just going to do a North Korea and talk about how great everything is, irrespective of whether it actually is. Which is a bit disappointing. Clearly there is a balance, he can't be totally honest or just slate the team, but I think if this is all he's got to say probably should ditch the column.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 pm

...but he won't ditch it. Nor will he invest. It's all very very depressing. We don't need any new signings, or a new manager, so much as a new owner.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 pm
...but he won't ditch it. Nor will he invest. It's all very very depressing. We don't need any new signings, or a new manager, so much as a new owner.
Well, there's a balance to that. I appreciate what Ken has done for the club. And also he never said he would invest large sumsm quite the opposite in fact.

But I'd like to know where the investors he promised are. And what happens to the projected 3M loss he claimed we'd make this year. Who is covering that...wonder if conveniently someone is lining up a 3M move for Vela in January.

Without Ken I shudder to think where we'd be, equally I'd far rather hear how he's planning to move the club on now than meaningless platitudes and complaints. He's been very quiet on the future since acquiring the shares. Before he was extremely positive about further investment.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Well, there's a balance to that. I appreciate what Ken has done for the club. And also he never said he would invest large sumsm quite the opposite in fact.

But I'd like to know where the investors he promised are. And what happens to the projected 3M loss he claimed we'd make this year. Who is covering that...wonder if conveniently someone is lining up a 3M move for Vela in January.

Without Ken I shudder to think where we'd be, equally I'd far rather here how he's planning to move the club on now than meaningless platitudes and complaints. He's been very quiet on the future since acquiring the shares. Before he was extremely positive about further investment.
I don't feel there's a balance to it. Despite what he's done, he's incapable of taking us forward. We need a new owner and we need investment. We also need a new manager and new players, but we wont get those (or at least of the necessary quality) without a new owner.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Without Ken I shudder to think where we'd be, equally I'd far rather here how he's planning to move the club on now than meaningless platitudes and complaints. He's been very quiet on the future since acquiring the shares. Before he was extremely positive about further investment.
I don't feel there's a balance to it. Despite what he's done, he's incapable of taking us forward. We need a new owner and we need investment. We also need a new manager and new players, but we wont get those (or at least of the necessary quality) without a new owner.
Indeed. Though not sure there are many people queuing up to pour money into a bottomless pit. For now Ken running us sensibly is ok. So long as it is sensibly and for now...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
As soon as possible. That pair of wankers are just an embarrassment to the club.
And I'm not having any of this saving the club shite.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
As soon as possible. That pair of wankers are just an embarrassment to the club.
And I'm not having any of this saving the club shite.
Which fortunately, or unfortunately, whichever the case may be, they own.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Uncle Ken’s latest ramblings here:
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/octobe ... -chairman/

“The manager has given the players permission to go out together as a team later this week for a bonding session.” Instagram stands ready.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:50 pm

The headline to marc iles piece on it made me laugh.

He probably doesnt appreciate my #recordwatch. Though I’ve not bothered since we hit the magic 7 games without scoring either. Must be some more records to break. Best not ask Ken.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

KA needed reasonable, decent start to this season to attract 'investors' or, more to the point, flog the club for a good profit and leave with hero/saviour status.
He has got neither and it is to be hoped that unlike his manager he has a plan B.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm
KA needed reasonable, decent start to this season to attract 'investors' or, more to the point, flog the club for a good profit and leave with hero/saviour status.
He has got neither and it is to be hoped that unlike his manager he has a plan B.
Would an investor prepared to put money into the club really be put off by 11 games? Strikes me as possible, but not likely. Anyone coming in with money would know the score here. Ken's only chance IMO is to find some investor who will buy Deano's shares back off him and put some money in get us to midtable championship type level and leave the club attractive to a buyer. I think that is a huge long shot.